Dense Budz

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bobbak67 said:
I thought that the photosynthesis was spread throughout the plant as a whole? Light getting to the top sunleaves spreads its energy to all parts of the plant, thus the argument about NOT pruning plants for better light penetration to the lower levels?

Now Im confused! :doh:

Did everyone forget about this thread?? at least my question! ;)

Lower growth usually suffers from light deprivation, due to lighting distance/penetration, but the actual growth hormones and how/where they are being directed through training, can also play a part.

the plant best utilizes (photosynthesisis) with the leaves closest to the light. IMHO, because that is also where the most growth hormones are being directed.

keep the lights as close as possible without heat stress. feed heavy bloom fertilizer with high p&k. use bloom boosters. i hope my buds come out dense.

photosynthesis, is the process of the leaves turning light energy into energy that the plant can use. The lights must actually hit the plant, so the lower leaves that don't see much light can't really help the overall plant growth like the top leaves that recieve full sunlight.

So while do to some light reflecting off the walls the lower leaves will do some photosynthesis, it is probablly better to just chop those leaves and let the plant concentrate all its energy on the leaves that recieve full amts of light.

Latest posts

Back