'One Gram per Watt Club'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mary_GreenThumb_Jane said:
i got a room with 3,000 watts, and a/c which keeps it 75 degrees all day..i grow 6 plants but i split my room into 2. 1 side has the 3,000 watts, one side completely dark. i veg about 6 weeks with the 3,000 until they are about 2 feet tall bush's. i dont top all i do is stretch the branch's down and power crop which is squeezing the stem until it pops to make thicker stronger bushier plants. after 6 weeks veg i then put them in flower by switching the rooms every 12 hours. so now i got one side room with 3 plant and the other with 3. so each [plant gets 1,000 watts of light during flower. its just a pain in the *** to switch all plant twice a day. anyways i yeild about 20 O's a plant and i always only flower for 6 weeks.. yes its a little early but when plants have good weight then you gotta do what ya gotta do.. so whole cycle from 8 inch clone to harvest is 12 weeks.. so i average 100 O's per 12 weeks on 3,000 watts..
pics please at week 6 of flower thankyou ! i also don't think pencil is shooting at being a hater toward your post i would like to think he may wish to see 6 plants produce 100 ounces in (12 WEEKS) ...but so would i like to see the evidence ! peace and take care !oohh and post the pics when you are ready ! hell i'll still be here in 12 weeks so you could even start a grow journal now to show us exactly what you are saying !

I am sorry, but you don't get 20 oz per plant off 3000 watts and six plants.

Unless I am reading something incorrectly.

i dont see what you find funny.. but hey for everything that people do theres got be haters..:D lmfao
hee hee... not 'hating' IMO, just calling your bluff.
You won't get anyone here to believe that "system" reaps those kinds of yeilds, without documented evidence.
At 6 weeks flowering, NO plants/strains are either mature or fully developed. Meaning, you're not getting the potential yeild, or potential potency.
20 O p/plant...we don't count roots and pots as part of the yield..:rofl:. j/k now ;)
but seriously, at 'best' that is wet weight at harvest, and not the actual dried, cured yeild of the smokeable/useable product. :hubba:

i got a room with 3,000 watts, and a/c which keeps it 75 degrees all day..i grow 6 plants but i split my room into 2. 1 side has the 3,000 watts, one side completely dark. i veg about 6 weeks with the 3,000 until they are about 2 feet tall bush's. i dont top all i do is stretch the branch's down and power crop which is squeezing the stem until it pops to make thicker stronger bushier plants. after 6 weeks veg i then put them in flower by switching the rooms every 12 hours. so now i got one side room with 3 plant and the other with 3. so each [plant gets 1,000 watts of light during flower. its just a pain in the *** to switch all plant twice a day. anyways i yeild about 20 O's a plant and i always only flower for 6 weeks.. yes its a little early but when plants have good weight then you gotta do what ya gotta do.. so whole cycle from 8 inch clone to harvest is 12 weeks.. so i average 100 O's per 12 weeks on 3,000 watts..

I call B u l l s h i t ...and yes I know I broke a rule...:p

This first grow I just finished came in at 750 gees off 7 plants under 1200 watts. That's only .625 per and I worked my butt off getting that much. The 1 gee per watt is a lofty goal to shoot for though. Oh, and yeah, I posted pics of the whole happy affair.

yea for sure i will put pics when i am at 6 weeks.. i am 2 weeks in flower right now..i completely understand why some wouldnt believe.. but yes i get 20 o DRY smoke on MOST plants.. sum 17 or 18 but usually 20.. thats why i say 20 average..for 1 ive been growing for 8 years with the same strains. for 2 its actually more than a 3,000 watt room.. i make 2 rooms out of it so really its like 6,000.. for those who dont understand i leave 3,000 watts on 24 hours a day..3 go in for first 12 then second set of three the last 12 i have a dark room that stays dark 24 hours a day.. each plant gets 1,000 watts the whole flower cycle .. not 6 under 3,000.. its 3 under 3,000..no its not the most chronic weed you will find but its nice dense collas.. my first nut plant was under a 1,000 watts and was like 7 weeks. i use to grow like 3-5 under a 1,000 and after experimenting found 1 plant to yield the same or even better.

oh and if i were to brake it down i get around 50 os a room with 3,000 watts..100 os with my double room a explained
you add that up but i think its some where around .5 gram per watt..

so you are saying that you move what would have to be 6-7 foot monsters in full flower without doing any damage and on an exact schedule, twice a day? How exactly do you do this?

Pot Belly said:
I have seen several references to a "one gram per watt" harvest. I have not achieved that yet - if there is a "yet" for me in the future.

Curiously, has anyone acheived a harvest like this? Can it be done without CO2? How about soil? What is the single most important item when trying to do this? Strain?

Also, I have found a problem with trying to compare wattage to harvest ratios: The higher the HPS wattage, the more efficient lumen output is per watt.

200 watt HPS = 22,000 lumens, or 110 lumens per watt.
400 watt HPS = 50,000 lumens, or 125 lumens per watt.

So when you are on the lower end of the grow scale, say 70 watts (HPS), you are at 90 lumens per watt.

Would a more accurate way to verifiy output be "grams per lumen", or "lumens per gram" (because it is a whole number)? Or is the ratio based on a 'standard', such as a 1,000 watt light?

you are absolutely correct. Grams per lumen does make beautiful sense. Light intensity makes weight, not wattage. A gram a watt is just a "goal" one trys to achieve. and with those lights, its possibe to get a gram a watt depending on growing style.

two 1000w lights can have completely different output ranges, i like my lumatek 1kw, its ba and is more efficient than my magnetic ballast, piece o junk.

massproducer said:
so you are saying that you move what would have to be 6-7 foot monsters in full flower without doing any damage and on an exact schedule, twice a day? How exactly do you do this?

no there not at all 6-7 foot monsters.. i put them into flower when they are about 2 feet tall and 3 to 3 1/2 feet wide..at 6 weeks in flower they are about 3 1/2 feet tall and 4 to 4 1/2 wide. very, very bushy. the collas on the very sides yes sometimes get damaged, but not that bad.. i split my master bedroom into 2 parts by building kinda a frame and panda paper.. panda paper is doubled and it has a door i made using velcro. so when i switch them almost half this wall rolls up.. yes i do it twice a day. every day for usually 2 harvests then i take a couple month break so i dont have to worry about being home exact time every day the year..

main reason for doing this is because i didnt want to buy 3 more 1,000 watt setups, but wanted more watts.. so i figured i would make 2 rooms out of the 3 i had.

saying a 600w light has the best lumen/watt ratio is like saying at least a honda gets 37 mpg to a corvette guy.

My 1000w owns any 600, more power is more power, it will fall of grad. the higher the wattage, but lumens are lumens boys and girls.

how about 12 lbs from 3 1000s, thats about 2 grams a watt.

hxxttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBDgWYKGUjo

JBonez said:
saying a 600w light has the best lumen/watt ratio is like saying at least a honda gets 37 mpg to a corvette guy.

My 1000w owns any 600, more power is more power, it will fall of grad. the higher the wattage, but lumens are lumens boys and girls.

Hi j,
The 600 watt DOES have the best lumen to watt ratio....of any HPS light, math proves it. I will always use multiple 600's. If I had a grow space I wanted to fill with 1,000,000 lumens, it would be done with 600 watt HPS lights.
400HPS=50,000 lumens= 125 lumens per watt
600HPS=95,000 lumens= 158.3 lmens per watt
1,000HPS=145,000 lumens = 145 lumens per watt

So if I wanted 1,000,000 lumens, I could do it with 6.89 1,000 watt HPS lights or 10.53 600 watt lights. The difference being the 600's are only pulling 6,318 watts, but the 1000's are pulling 6,890......more watts for the same lumens.
HOWEVER, the light PENETRATION of the 1,000 can not be compared to the 600......gess it is just a matter of choice. If yo can remove the heat and want the light penetration, 1,000's would be better. If you want the most lumens per watt, 600's would be better.

Love your posts by the way J, if you feel like coming over and helping me design my flower room I wold take it in a heartbeat :)

that very light penetration is what im after, and yeah, cooling lights is my forte, along with growroom temps. My environment has to be as close to perfect as possible, as i dont need those factors inhibiting my learning.

Ive seen the math before on the comparison of the two lights, sure 1kw uses more power, but i guess that would be someones concern worrying about power usage, which im not.

600w lights should be used in larger grows where multiple lights can be hung, but in a smaller grow, a 600 simply doesnt compare to lumen output.

Which ballast for the amount of power consuption produces the most light? A 600 of course.

Which light produces the most lumens?? 1000w all day!

thanks for the kind words friend!

This guy I know, he gets 2000 grams on the scale dry, with 1 cfl from home depot and there are monkeys flying out my ......
:yay:

So you are saying then that you get 20 oz's off of a 3 1/2 - 4 foot plant? What are you growing because these are feats that are actually incredible :confused: . i have honestly not really heard anyone ever say what you are saying.

I can only speak for myself but I for 1 will never believe your story without seeing pics. You said that you are 2 weeks into flowering so, so just take some pics now to prove me wrong, because until that time, this whole story makes no sense to me at all.

I have been growing for quite a few years and have grown, in soil, hydro, outdoor and now in coco coir. I right now have 6 foot montsers growing in my coco buckets, that I will post pics of, but I could not imagine moving them even once, besides an occasicional quater turn, and I would be estaticed if one of them yeilded 20 oz's. I am grounded more in reality and would be happy with 130 g's dry per plant or somewhere around 5 oz's each, from my monsters. And I grow with 1000w enchanced spectrum HPS lamps. :confused: :confused: :confused:

no there not at all 6-7 foot monsters.. i put them into flower when they are about 2 feet tall and 3 to 3 1/2 feet wide..at 6 weeks in flower they are about 3 1/2 feet tall and 4 to 4 1/2 wide. very, very bushy. the collas on the very sides yes sometimes get damaged, but not that bad.. i split my master bedroom into 2 parts by building kinda a frame and panda paper.. panda paper is doubled and it has a door i made using velcro. so when i switch them almost half this wall rolls up.. yes i do it twice a day. every day for usually 2 harvests then i take a couple month break so i dont have to worry about being home exact time every day the year..

That is what a relay switch is for?
main reason for doing this is because i didnt want to buy 3 more 1,000 watt setups, but wanted more watts.. so i figured i would make 2 rooms out of the 3 i had.

Latest posts

Back