4u2sm0ke's "LST"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no worries friends..this is all in helping one a nother..this weekend should be ready for the first bend..and will tie the stalk ..thanks everyone for particapating in this thread..KEEP M GREEN

I agree with yo both, doms and 4u but i haven't done my own testing so will see someday...

How your babies doing today 4u?

Thorn said:
I agree with yo both, doms and 4u but i haven't done my own testing so will see someday...

How your babies doing today 4u?

Hey thanks Thorn..and please when you do your side by side conperison that everything is the same to both plants as far as germ to flower..now you will need some hieght you know for the one you dont LST...and you will need to bring the LST one to the light..make sence?...I will throw a photo update this weekend she is still a bit small..thanks and KEEP M GREEN:D

oh man... look... I ain't tryna rag on no one... but... COME ON, PEOPLE... doesn't anyone have any common sense? ? ?... LSTing... does not CHANGE the plant's mass whatsoever, therefor, what is happening inside the plant (fluids transfering inside) does not change... growth happens as usual... IF it was left alone... the "top" of the plant has now changed due to LSTing... different bud sites are going to receive more growth hormone than before, but the same amount of "growing power" is still being utilized... just to different locations... yeild is not affected when LSTing... SIZE/ growing dimensions are the only thing that is going to change... and usually, it's to less....

That crazy vancouver guy said:
oh man... look... I ain't tryna rag on no one... but... COME ON, PEOPLE... doesn't anyone have any common sense? ? ?... LSTing... does not CHANGE the plant's mass whatsoever, therefor, what is happening inside the plant (fluids transfering inside) does not change... growth happens as usual... IF it was left alone... the "top" of the plant has now changed due to LSTing... different bud sites are going to receive more growth hormone than before, but the same amount of "growing power" is still being utilized... just to different locations... yeild is not affected when LSTing... SIZE/ growing dimensions are the only thing that is going to change... and usually, it's to less....

Thanks for the support TCVG..so often i read that people think LST increases yield..and you put it in the way i was wanting to thanks..:)

docfishwrinkle said:
dont know about less, but in scrog will give even playing field!

By this Im sure you meen light penatration....I have yet to try a scrog..but am sure I would have the same results..as TCVG has stated on LST..I think applies to scrog as well..IMO..But I have yet to experament with it..and really probly wont..dont look to be a bennefit in my case..Thanks Doc..KEEP M GREEN:D

4u2sm0ke said:
Hey thanks Thorn..and please when you do your side by side conperison that everything is the same to both plants as far as germ to flower..now you will need some hieght you know for the one you dont LST...and you will need to bring the LST one to the light..make sence?...I will throw a photo update this weekend she is still a bit small..thanks and KEEP M GREEN:D

Hey man, thanks, yea I will do...one day :hubba: And as far as I look at it whether the plant is grown straight or with LST all it does is spread the 'bud' differently, but I have no proof that it either increases decreases or stays the same in yeild...but yea I can't wait to find out for myself :p

bombbudpuffa said:
Try pruning or trimming or lollipopping your plants if you don't want all those small buds at the bottom.

What is lollipopping? Is it when you trim the leaves on the bottom foot+ of the plant so only there are stems down there? Kinda like a tree or "lollipop"?

I've never understood why people think LST increases yeild. It's always been to control height and an even canopy for me unless you like to have x-mas trees and get off on those insanely HUGE main colas...

I know for a fact that 'lollipopping', or whatever you called it (cutting off the bottom foot of the main stalks branches, to allow the plant to concentrate on growing the top branches) definitely works. I got 9.6 lbs out of 8 lights with 46 plants in 5 gallon bags. 9 rows of 5 bags, about 6 inches in between each bag, so about, oh, 10 feet, by 8 feet (as far as the space with the bags). Anyway, I cut off the bottom branches and it did wonders.

Hangshai said:
I know for a fact that 'lollipopping', or whatever you called it (cutting off the bottom foot of the main stalks branches, to allow the plant to concentrate on growing the top branches) definitely works. I got 9.6 lbs out of 8 lights with 46 plants in 5 gallon bags. 9 rows of 5 bags, about 6 inches in between each bag, so about, oh, 10 feet, by 8 feet (as far as the space with the bags). Anyway, I cut off the bottom branches and it did wonders.

Did you do a run of the same without doing your Lollipopping to compare? I still find it hard to belive that remove someof plant is going to make it bigger..and 46 plants you average 3 ounces per plant...not bad at all...but not good enough for me to experament with it..I put it right up there with the "scrog"...But if you like the results then by all meens stay with it..and KEEP M GREEN:D

Weezy said:
What is lollipopping? Is it when you trim the leaves on the bottom foot+ of the plant so only there are stems down there? Kinda like a tree or "lollipop"?

unless you like to have x-mas trees and get off on those insanely HUGE main colas...

how true is that...you still need to brake it down to smoke it..:rolleyes:

The growing space I used was very cramped towards the end, with the plants making a complete canopy that effectively blocked light from getting to the bottom half of the plant, so, anything after I would say 18 inches from the top of the plant down was the only part getting sufficient light, which is all the main kolas (top, and maybe 1-4 side kolas, depending on the individual plant). The thing is, the buds on the bottom half of the plant either dont even grow, and just dry up and wither away, or they only get about as big as the first digit on my pinkie finger, which, after drying, is nothing, believe me. So, I would much rather have the bigger main and side kolas, than an 1/8th to a 1/4 ounce of small nugs per plant. See what I mean now? The best thing to do is experiment with it and see what happens... Everyones rooms are different, and everyone will experience different results. Find what works for you.

I thought that if I Lst'ed I would be getting more light to the other nodes & parts of my plant thus increasing yield and bud production. If I had let it grown normally then those same nodes would be super scrawny. This way I can train an even canopy and make sure more of my plant receives light. As opposed to just the main cola receiving light and the other lower parts not. It just makes sense to me. More light = More energy = More Bud. I guess I'm wrong in this?

sorry omnirg33n..it does not increase yield..it does however bring light to lower nodes and thus makeing more smaller budds..but when all said and done..the wieght is nearly the same..and IMO..shoild only be used for training purposes..I like it for what it is intended to do..please vist my Fall grow on Sundays when I update I will post "Mothers" done "LST" to keep in Veg room..and is about to go into flower soon..and this "WW"..if it turns to be female will be a Mothe/Donor..please pull up what ever you find comfy...grab your smokeing device and watch along..this is fun..and thanks for stopping by..take care and be safe

4u2sm0ke said:
sorry omnirg33n..it does not increase yield..it does however bring light to lower nodes and thus makeing more smaller budds..but when all said and done..the wieght is nearly the same..and IMO..shoild only be used for training purposes..I like it for what it is intended to do..please vist my Fall grow on Sundays when I update I will post "Mothers" done "LST" to keep in Veg room..and is about to go into flower soon..and this "WW"..if it turns to be female will be a Mothe/Donor..please pull up what ever you find comfy...grab your smokeing device and watch along..this is fun..and thanks for stopping by..take care and be safe

Damn lol. Well, thats ok. I needed to control the height of them anyway. At least this way more of the plant is receiving light. Thats always a good thing.

How does trimming the BOTTOM of a plant bring more light to it if the light is coming form the TOP? I dont understand. What I am talking about is going from the soil, up about 6-10 inches, and removing anything there. Everything else stays. Its not just the top colas, but the tops, and everything down to the middle, all the stuff that really gets light. The stuff you are removing isnt really worth keeping anyway, and it allows the plant to spend all of its energy growing the buds on top, instead of wasting it's resources on buds that arent going to get much bigger than a quarter to half inch in diameter. I mean, it also depends on the strain you have. Some strains have lower branches that grow really long and have another cola on the end, making another mini-top on the plant, so, you would want to let that go. Then there are the 5-6 inch long branches that shoot off the main stem of the plant that dont ever really have a chance... those are the ones you trim.. Anyway, it worked for me, what you may want to do is trim one plant, and leave another alone, and see how they compare when you harvest.

yes my friend I understand now what you are doing..and will try that and I will be sure to look you up for addvice okay?..thanks for shareing with me..KEEP M GREEN

Man...you constantly misinterpret people and then judge them on it TCVG.

Not being mean, I just hate to be misinterpreted.

I will kindly re post what I said and explain:

I completely support what you are saying bro. It's actually all in the genetics. One will normally have average within a few grams difference, more or even less. So you honestly won't notice a diffrence enough to tell. I just have this theory that LST helps light get to all the buds better. It seems that whenever I FIM my plants, I get tons of useless popcorn buds when I take testers. But whenever I LST I notice those buds amount to slightly more. What I mean is instead of a popcorn kernel sized bud, I get a marble sized bud in that same growth location.

Everything counts, to me! Especially when I like to smoke those buds as a tester! And I like to snip an eighth of tester! LOL!

Maybe I'm just delusional off this Autumn Fall!

I will change two sentences in this and hopefully should change the whole way you perceive what I said.

First off, this sentence: I just have this theory that LST helps light get to all the buds better.

Now I should have said SLIGHTLY better. Sorry to not make it clear.

Next off, I would like to re post a single sentence so you know what my real opinion on LST is: I completely support what you are saying bro. It's actually all in the genetics. One will normally have average within a few grams difference, more or even less. So you honestly won't notice a diffrence enough to tell.

So here, I admit that LST dosen't affect total yeild, only the size of the smaller nugs. I even accepted the fact that LSTing can even possibly decrease yield. Reason being, stress is stress no matter what and stress can directly affect yield. I just liked the fact that unlike FIMing, you get fatter popcorn buds that seem to swell more than the ones I have FIMed. This is just in my own experience.

End rant.

Were all cool TCVG I like you man :aok:. Your a good guy and you try to help out and clear wrong things up, it's just I absolutely HATE to be misunderstood! :D Good day to you buddy and I hope you understand what I was trying to get at in the earlier post. Hittin da bong 4u :bong1: :bong1:

Latest posts

Back