4u2sm0ke's "LST"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
okay friends..what I have done is taken a 3 inch piece of GREEN:hubba: pipe cleaner and put a bend in it so I can hook around stalk easier..I then allign the stalk at the stake togather and come up 2-3 node sites..iwrap the pipe cleaner arond stake but only to hold for a couple weeks..Ill show that Later..I then take one of my all ready made hooks and push it into soil 1 inch from stalk and gently push down straight with the stake..I get it down just where the plant can bend under the hook..I then pull hook down to top of stake that is 3 inches above soil and at top of Bag..I will continue to pull down to keep her level with soil...until next time i touch her...enjoy

and sorry pics maybe outta sequeance:eek:

019.JPG

020.JPG

022.JPG

021.JPG

023.JPG

024.JPG

025.JPG

Thats what i did to my plants in my current grow. Everything is all top buds and they all get equal light.

does it doms? I think it looks really good! I'm following closely even tho i'm struggling to find the time to browse on here at the moment. Your doing a great job! :D

Ok, sorry.. I may just be a big dummy, but it just looks like you're tying the plant to a stick with a pipe cleaner? Maybe Im missing something, like, after the plant grows a little after the pipe cleaner has been attached something happens? I dont understand.. Anyway, I've tried topping the plant by pinching off the little node that is in the center of the top of the plant, between the two fan leaves, and there is so much new growth, I cant tell if it's because of what I did, or because its just supposed to be there. When I do the pinch, do I look for new growth alongside the node I just pinched? Will there just be two new shoots coming off the sides, or is it more of a thing where it just gives the other branches a chance to catch up to the top of the plant? I've never topped before and I'm confused as to what esactly it is I should be looking for.

Hangshai said:
Ok, sorry.. I may just be a big dummy, but it just looks like you're tying the plant to a stick with a pipe cleaner? Maybe Im missing something, like, after the plant grows a little after the pipe cleaner has been attached something happens? I dont understand.. Anyway, I've tried topping the plant by pinching off the little node that is in the center of the top of the plant, between the two fan leaves, and there is so much new growth, I cant tell if it's because of what I did, or because its just supposed to be there. When I do the pinch, do I look for new growth alongside the node I just pinched? Will there just be two new shoots coming off the sides, or is it more of a thing where it just gives the other branches a chance to catch up to the top of the plant? I've never topped before and I'm confused as to what esactly it is I should be looking for.

Hello and thats for the questions..I will answer the best I can..

I am in the proccess of doing LST on this white widow..so please be patient and fallow along Im not done..I will take this thread all the way threw flower if its Female after cloneing of coarse..I also do LST after topping plant and was going to do it that way..it realy looks cool..after you pinch the top off two branches will form from there..those I start to pull and tie down in opposite directions..Please visit the resources tab..you will find all you need on topping a plant and how to care for it..as for this one Its just LST thanks and KEEP M GREEN:D

DomsChron said:
Nice LST 4u2! But what happened to your plant? Looks beaten up LOL!

hey Doms thanks for the honesty..I think thats when I treated her with Neem oil..those are the ones that was affected..also may have had her a bit close to fan..could be wind damage..New leafs seem to be doing great..and starting to grow faster now..all most ready for second tie down..and another one of my white widows is Huge..It could be my Male plant Im looking for..and should have done LST on that one..its all most to the light. and the stalk is about the thickness of a pencil..compaired to the others i say 2-3 times bigger..but lets stick to this LST..lol..Thanks for stopping in..and KEEP M GREEN:D

Thorn said:
does it doms? I think it looks really good! I'm following closely even tho i'm struggling to find the time to browse on here at the moment. Your doing a great job! :D

Hello Thorn..always a pleasure to see you in my Threads..and thanks for the kind words..have you put a devider in your container to seperate the root area? And yes it is hard to find time sometimes to get in here..lol..and when we do server busy:confused: ..and any time now this one will take off and will be haveing daily updates..lol..take care and be safe..and KEEP M GREEN:D

hey 4u, no i've actually just repotted them like 10 mins ago and will upload pics any moment now. but no i didn't. feeling a bit disheartened and hence lazy well just can't be bothered really. really trying to fight off negative feelings and not think about it. think i need to stay away from this site for a while, i feel like i'm being got at too much for only trying to be helpful.

Hangshai don't dis the LST man, its awesome! :)

I agree buddy wasn't tryong to be mean. I learn from others' mistakes too ya know ;) New growth looks vigorous!
4u2sm0ke said:
hey Doms thanks for the honesty..I think thats when I treated her with Neem oil..those are the ones that was affected..also may have had her a bit close to fan..could be wind damage..New leafs seem to be doing great..and starting to grow faster now..all most ready for second tie down..and another one of my white widows is Huge..It could be my Male plant Im looking for..and should have done LST on that one..its all most to the light. and the stalk is about the thickness of a pencil..compaired to the others i say 2-3 times bigger..but lets stick to this LST..lol..Thanks for stopping in..and KEEP M GREEN:D

its ok Dom..just wish more people would be a bit more Honest...I could post up a crappy plant infested with spider mites and burt from nutes..and someone will say...Nice Plants..lol..I know they dont want to hurt me feelings..so i help by not posting those crappy plants..only post good ones..helps self esteem..hehe

4u2sm0ke said:
how true is that...you still need to brake it down to smoke it..:rolleyes:

My thoughts exactly...but time and time again you see people with pics of their HUGE colas resting on top of them while they are sprawled out in a chair, like its a blanket...:D Anyways, I guess it is fun to imitate bunny ears by putting colas behind your head ;)

4u2sm0ke said:
its ok Dom..just wish more people would be a bit more Honest...

I'll be honest with you...are you trying to bend her down slowly? or are you just playing around with pipe cleaners? What I mean is when I "train" my plants, I like to integrate an abrupt change of direction with the stalk to get it laying on its side so the side branching can become more uniform and end up kinda spiraling the plant stalk around the pot...maybe its just me but I do this abruptly in veg because there is only so much time I let it veg and want the side branching to be as uniform and lengthy as possible. Maybe this process isn't "low stress"...but where I bend her to tie her down I squeeze her stalk to get it more tender for the bend like supercropping (I do this a couple days before)and she turns out pretty swoll right around the bend...

*edit*The more I look at it I see your progress and the more I think about it I know what you are trying to do with the pipe cleaner...I just didn't see it with the green pipe cleaner pics (the first 4 pics on post 41)...it's kinda anchoring it back while you turn it with the silver metal? My whole basis behind my post was that I just didn't see the need for the pipe cleaners in this application...yet (yet as in when you have more growth the pipe cleaners would tie down more growth). I am and was not trying to be an a _ _ about your technique, I just had to refute the need for the pipe cleaner in this particular time period of your grow. Please correct me if I am wrong. I am more than willing to learn from your technique as this is the reason why I am here.

I could be wrong, I could be right; I could be black I could be white...

weezy....thanks for Looking at catching it,,I should clear that up a bit here let me try..

I only use the pipe cleaner at this stage and will remove..as soon as the stalk it strong enough..you know that when the plant is that young and soft..when pulling her down she tends to fall sideways..I like it to stay straight..thats where the straight silver stake comes in..i pull the bend of pipe cleaner just enough to hook ends around stake..so when I use the stake with bend in it..it wont fall over..Does that make more sence?..I Do remove these and that will come..Im starting to think I should have put this togather then submitted it to you all..but this is how it is...Please be sure to check out my fall grow..and look for the Mothers..you will see..Those are about to go into Flower..Thanks for comments..and we are all here to learn..I am not doing anything unique..just what I have read and seen from others that I liked and work upon it..Im allways looking to learn...I like the supper cropping..But mostley use this Tech ..and only for hieght control..Thanks again and KEEP M GREEN

Yes it does make sense. I have had a problem with them just "plopping" over as well before, especially when they can barely handle the oscillating fan. I can't wait to see your technique as the days go by.

Weezy, my plant's seem to normally do fine with the light wind of an osciliating fan. You might need some better air exchange! I had that problem 2 grows ago and this recent baby I pulled down due to hermie was the strongest baby i've ever seen...From all the oxygen exchange...

Weezy said:
Yes it does make sense. I have had a problem with them just "plopping" over as well before, especially when they can barely handle the oscillating fan. I can't wait to see your technique as the days go by.

:ciao: thanks weezy...Everything I do in my "LST" realy are just splint's(temp.) ..to aid in the traing. They all get reamoved..and I may have an update before weekend.:clap: .shes doing nice...and you got me thinking at the end Ill post all pics in order...Hows That 4u?.:aok: .and pull up what makes you comfy..hold this.:bong1: .its going to be 4-6 weeks.:lama: .Im feeling the Female Dance..:banana: :bolt: :48: .KEEP M GREEN:D

hey 4u have u ever done a scrog? just curios cause imo less work. & if u did put a link out there. thx, all is well w/ the lst & thanks 4 givin a detailed thread 4 those who dont quite grasp & for those just curious 2c how people do things diff 2 achieve same results.

Thank's for passin ur bong this way 4u2!

Hittin' it now! :bong: :bong1:

Passin it back!!!

Right on. That would be awesome to see everything right there in order from beginning to end. I wish I could hit the bong right now though...I'm three weeks clean and am just now starting to apply for jobs (I have one of the fastest metabolisms ever I swear). I'm going to the store this weekend to get some home drug tests and when I'm comfortable with the results I will be peeing in every container I own that has a lid and storing it for future use...

Anyways, my plants have "plopped" over more so from the supercrop than the oscillating fan...its just that the fan adds to it kinda like "kicking it while its down"...if you know what I mean. I just like squeezing the stalk til it makes a "crunch" noise and smelling my fingers...but not that I go overboard with feeling up my plant.

I know what you mean though with the lack of airflow...my first grow back in '03/04 was in a base cab (NGB style) with only a big oscillating fan and I had one of the doors open...not stealth, not smart but I guess we all start somewhere and got to learn from something.

P.S. Does anyone think of NIMBY when you see the green llama?

Latest posts

Back