drying room ?air flow ? temp ? help me !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlesweedmore

Reaction score
hello all forum folks :hubba:
i will hang up my plants to dry for 5- 10 days as every grower does .i am try to find a suitable place to dry them .i have a grow tent and can i hang the plants in my homebox ? should i keep the fans turn on or off ? i have 2 fans.
active intake fan is 350m3/h and exhaust fan is 660m3/h .
how much air flow is need for drying ? i mean if i should keep my speeed contoller @ minimum level while drying ?

and during hanging phase, is 28C temp a trouble ?

of course i will turn off the HPS while drying the crop.

and about temp,i cant do anything about temp in the room where homebox in it . temp and humidity are very high here. i can drop RH to 55% with a dehuey but this time temp peaks above 30C .

i can dry the crop in a different room with an AC unit to keep temp low, but this time i will have to dry them in a closed closet or a cardboard box without ventilation fans.i dont know if it is ok. can i dry them in a closed closet or a cardboard box without any air flow or just with oscillating fans ?

I dry mine in a special room ive built, I keep my room dark and at 18C constantly and my humidity is between 50-57%,I have a small ceramic heater that kicks in if the room drops below 18C and 2 muffin fans running on timer one pulling fresh air in and one exhausting at 15 mins on and 15mins off.28C is way to high they will dry too quick

are your fans vortex style ? i am thinking about putting the crop in 2' X 2' X 4' cardboard box and i will put a 350m3/h fan attached a carbon scrugger with a speed contoller at min speed, and i will put that cardboard box in a room that has an AC unit.do i need to put oscillating fans as well ?

i cant decide where i should put the fan as well .i painted 3 different models. could you tell me,which is better ,picture 1,2 or 3 ?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

with a fan that sized i would say where you put it on your box doesnt matter
i dont see why you would want a muffin fan in your box that vortex will create more that enough air movement

Just my opinion here, but if you use any of the fans listed above, you will be pulling a **** load of air through that box/room. They will dry f a s t , too fast. Ideally, I try to have a slowish dry the first two days, then slower the next 3-5 days, where they will begin to go crisp on the exterior around day 6-7, with a little green still inside and within the stems. Then slowly work the sweating process to "core it out". Then jar/cure. This is ideal & requires lower temps (mid-low 70's) & lower air circulation (no direct fans, just normal air movement). Just my take. Also, the ratings just don't really work too well for dialing in a room... have to feel it through & make minor adjustments over first 2-3 grows, then you will have it dialed in near perfect for the specific circumstances. Best brah!

Oregon Bob has got it right...the fans are going to move to much air.natural air movement and darkness are youre friends here. I have a basement and it stays at 68* stnd. temp / 50% humidity( on a good day even less).
Curing is a SLOW process and WE are the ones into much of a hurry in this instant gratification society we have today. just my .02 cents. peace

More air-movement equates to less humidity. Keep them fairly cool, really dark and don't run so much air though that you blow the trichs off--otherwise, enjoy.

I don't know what drying too fast means. I don't know what drying slow means. I have no frame of reference being a noob. Do you, Charles?

Latest posts

Back