Hello, Just a little line or two.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prplepashun

Reaction score
I am prple. I am very new, just signed up. Been reading several pages here and elsewhere. I am tired of buying, want to try to grow my own. I am basically asking for advice, from start to finish. I live in Ga. usa. Climate hot in summer, gets cold around end oct. mid nov. Questions I have vary, so here goes.
1. Can I use seed that has been purchased, dried and ready to smoke or do I need fresh seeds?
2. Which strain is the best for outdoor growing with little to no upkeep but also has a good smell and taste, and of course a good high?
3. Where can I purchase that strain (that will ship to USA)?
4. They need light, but is that direct light or indirect? EX: Do I plant in woods, in an opening? Or would just the edges be okay?
5. When planted outside, do you plant in the ground or in pots? I have seen both, which is best?
Any other helpful hints and advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Welcome to the forum. I put in bold some answers that may help you. But I would recommend reading a grow guide or two. At the top of the indoor section are two stickies that will link you to several free online grow guides.

prplepashun said:
I am prple. I am very new, just signed up. Been reading several pages here and elsewhere. I am tired of buying, want to try to grow my own. I am basically asking for advice, from start to finish. I live in Ga. usa. Climate hot in summer, gets cold around end oct. mid nov. Questions I have vary, so here goes.
1. Can I use seed that has been purchased, dried and ready to smoke or do I need fresh seeds? YES, ITS CALLED BAGSEED AND IS RECOMMENDED FOR FIRST TIMERS. JUST HOPE THEY ARE MATURE.
2. Which strain is the best for outdoor growing with little to no upkeep but also has a good smell and taste, and of course a good high? IN YOUR CLIMATE PRETTY MUCH ANY STRAIN WILL GROW OUTSIDE. I'M A STATE LINE ABOVE YA, RAIN AND MOLD SEEM TO BE THE BIGGEST HURDLES. MINE JUST DIED FROM BUD ROT. STUPID ERNESTO. BUT YOU TOO LATE IN THE SEASON. HAVE TO WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR.
3. Where can I purchase that strain (that will ship to USA)? BUNCH OF PLACES LISTED IN THE SEEDBANK SECTION. I PURCHASED FROM WWW.SEEDBOUTIQUE.COM AND WAS PLEASED.
4. They need light, but is that direct light or indirect? EX: Do I plant in woods, in an opening? Or would just the edges be okay? WHEN IT COMES TO LIGHT MORE THE BETTER. BUT STEALTH AND SECURITY SHOULD BE #1.
5. When planted outside, do you plant in the ground or in pots? I have seen both, which is best? DEPENDS ON THE SITUATION. POTS ARE EASIER..LESS DIGGING AND AMMENDING (AND YOU CAN MOVE EM IF SECURITY IS COMPRIMISED), BUT THE ROOT BOUND BECOMES AN ISSUE. BUT POTS CAN ATTRACT ATTENTION. AGAIN GOTTA WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR.
Any other helpful hints and advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

AeroTX said:
You aren't going to find any strains that I know of that require no attention. Welcome to the forum and like Mutt said you should also read some jounrnals and check out our chat http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/chat/flashchat.php

Good catch Aero didn't even notice that he didn't want to spend anytime on em. My Indoor grows get daily attention. For good bud or bud at all TLC is a must. or it won't be any better than a ditch weed..if you get that.

Hello prplepashun, welcome to the group. That little problem in chat was not how this group is normally. I'm sorry you had to witness that type of thing here. It won't happen again.

I hope you enjoy your time here. It sounds like you've made the decision to have an outside grow this coming year.

We have several very seasoned outside growers here that are a wealth of information. If you go into the outside grow area of the forum and read up on the posts, it'll answer a lot of your questions.

After reading the basics of outside growing, make a post in that area and you'll get a bunch of replies.

Good luck to you!

Welcome to MP. Hope to see ya around the forum. :D

Latest posts

Back