CalMag

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
adding 5ml of cal mag per gallon the Ca is high and the Mg still low

to get the Mg to where you want it the Ca would end up to high

unless your growing tomato then youd want all that Ca

Which nutrient profile calculator are you using and what specific nutrient profile ?

also in reference to the source water... sure if you got water high in Ca from the tap youd need even less cal mag... its more likely your source ater would have high ca than Mg

my calcs don't account for source water

thus the reason I mentioned watching your plants as they will tell you.. but my figures are atleast in proper range and ratio

I use both hydro buddy and the old excel format ... I find hydro buddy is more accurate but the excel programs allows me to do certain things that hydro buddy wont ...

I have run dtw drip in RW EC 1.1 ph6

all raw salts mixed in an A&B concentrate

for flower I feed from the start and I dilute the A concentrate lowing N, Ca and Fe each week of the last few weeks

N80
P50
K120
Mg35
Ca60
S30
Fe2
Cl10

plus the rest of the micros

I'm curious

What exact profile are you recommending n-p-k-mg ?

im not going to say its better to run the same formula from start of flower to finish but its certainly easier and my results are as good as any

my goal is to bring the N down to about 60 or less the last few weeks

I do this with some lose math and by diluting stock tank A

I will do so

im a little paranoid about pics thou so I will post some to back up my words, but I wont be flaunting the pics

Wow

I tend to see best results at 5.5pH in rw running Lucas in flower

Love to see you start a thread on how you make your 2 part.
It's something I've read about and been curious to try for a while now

I must apologize to the original poster as I have brought this off topic.. im sorry

5.5 keeps them green and might require less Mg since its more available at lower ph

I am lucky I don't need to adjust my ph.. mine is 6.0 from the well and EC is very low

so I just leave it at 6.. but im not surprised that 5.5 might be the sweet spot

also... I like the lucas

but since im running the same nute ratio thru the lucas N is a bit low for the first few weeks

but if you look close youll realisze that by the time I dilute the N down to 60... it is the lucas:vap-Bong_smoker:

I'm currently finding that I'm getting better runs with veging @ 1:1:1 g:m:b, flip straight to Lucas/CalMag at 1:2:1 m:b:CalMag for 3wks then Lucas liquid Koolbloom for two wks and then powdered Koolbloom at wk 5 till my last res change, where, nowadays I'm tending to just top off the Rez with straight h20 and paying very little attention to it at all.

I feel bad going on and on off topic... where should I start a thread on the topic?

I'm currently finding that I'm getting better runs with veging @ 1:1:1 g:m:b, flip straight to Lucas/CalMag at 1:2:1 m:b:CalMag for 3wks then Lucas liquid Koolbloom for two wks and then powdered Koolbloom at wk 5 till my last res change, where, nowadays I'm tending to just top off the Rez with straight h20 and paying very little attention to it at all.

your ratios would change the cal mag dosage from what I recommended... my info was based more on the GH feeding chart recommendations

the G has N and Ca
the M all your micros and N... and maybe some Mg I cant remeber
the B has a high amount of Mg

so if your using more B youll need less Mg from calmag

using more G and less B will increase Ca but lower Mg

let me run your numbers in my excel thingy and see whats what

how many ml/gln of each (including the calmag)

I just ran some numbers on your veg

it looks pretty good but certainly low on Mg which would account for the lower ph helping

Im guessing your mixing something close to 5ml/gln of each of the 3 parts

imho It looks great.. the Ca is good slightly low but good

the Mg is still very low and I would add 0.5 grams per gln to raise it up from20 to 32+/- ppm

which is half of what your Ca is and 1/4 of your K

again.. those numbers are still on the low side and could be even a bit higher on the Ca and Mg

to examine the flower mix I will need to know how much kool bloom your using

may I ask why your using the powder?

Latest posts

Back