(Smoke'n)Airpumps for DWC; Requesting Opinions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ishnish

Nug Lover
Reaction score
Currently been using a 60watt airpump from hydro farm. over two years of service 24/7; Today I hear a grunting type sound coming out of the water res', 5 gal stand-a-lone's, 4 stemming air from the single pump. anyway, further inspection, I noticed a little smoke puff out where the pump meets the splitter. letting it cool for a few for now. got an 18watt backup to use.

Just asking for insight of the subject as a whole as well as insights to my situation. Thanks. :)

That is not unusual enough to question what you are doing. pump failure happens on occasion, and 2 years of continuous running before dying is not bad. Just replace it.

I am a bit confused though. You said "air pump" but then said the "grunting sound" was coming out of the water. Were you using an air pump as a water pump :huh: :doh:

I am a bit confused though. You said "air pump" but then said the "grunting sound" was coming out of the water. Were you using an air pump as a water pump :huh: :doh:

Air pump was being an air pump. and yes the sound was emanating from the water. Not clear on the science behind it but it was a grumbling grunting erking sound. that's the best I can describe it. I'll check with mythbusters? maybe?

:ciao: thanks rosebud. i've been poke'n in here and there.

Maybe it was pumping air intermittently so that it made it gurgle and grunt :confused2: I wouldn't call myth busters, they may want some of your buds. I bet both of those guys burn the occasional bowl :D

Just get a new one from Petco. Ive been using mine from there forever now.

Cool. I just know Petco has good prices on them. What are you running these days? Ive got my staple purple haze and a stinky GDP pheno that purps up nicely when its cold. I just started flowering a Pineapple Express and a White widow-Sour Diesel cross too that Im excited about.

Latest posts

Back