Pup's new grow journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Green baby mojo for the clones, nice job. I made one of those before and was so proud of myself.

I like the set and forget type of cloning like this. Do you use any cloning gels etc?

Cool hush puppy I wanna build one also.
Can you show pics of the pump and the inside of the tub?
Thanks stank

Thanks guys :) Lesso, I use Clonex gel, you see in the 4th picture sitting on the top of the cloner with the lid off.
Stank, there is no pump inside the cloner. Only a couple of large air stones that connect to a medium strength fish tank air pump. This continually aerates the water so that the stems don't drown. It also keeps everything nice and moist. The openings are big enough that the moisture comes out just enough to keep the upper parts off the cuttings moist without having to have a dome over them. :)

Yeah, in the last picture there on the left side is the air line going in the top left hole and a meat thermometer in the hole to the right of that. And on the left bottom hole is a 50w fish tank heater. I have it set to keep the water temp right about 78f-79f.

Here are a couple pics of the kids: Cuttings still seem to be happy after several days in the cloner.
Afghan Kush is now 4wks into flowering. Space is small so door is hiding some of the AK.
last pic is the new girls in fflower now. Still being spread out beneath the screen as they have only been in about 3 days now. :)

View attachment LOG-SBR-cuttings1-13.jpg

View attachment AK01-13.jpg

View attachment AK-LOG-SBR01-13.jpg

Looks like things are getting crafty in here, nice engineering on the cloner

Thanks guys :) the bubble cloner is quite easy to make. I tried a couple other cloning methods but found with my specific setup that the bubble cloner is the easiest method for me. A key component I think is the foam 1/2" pipe insulation that I cut into little pucks, then cut again to make the hole smaller, about 1/4", to hold the cuttings but still allow the well rooted clone to be removed without damaging the roots, by taking out the ffoam puck and opening it to release the clone. :) Hopefully, when they are rooted, I can take some pics to show the next step in the process. :)

Well I am quite unhappy to say that I have harvested the AK and I have never had a more disappointing harvest since I started growing. I knew this particular plant was afflicted from early on but I had hopes that it would at least be decent. However the buds didn't build hardly at all, I probably didn't get a full oz of smokable bud. I did get a tremendous amount of hash material from it, and nearly as much worthless, immature buds that grew below the canopy. But we live and learn. I am now drying and curing the trim and popcorn buds so that I can make some dry ice hash. It smells very fruity and sweet so I am hoping for some good hash.

My Larry OG Kush and Sugar Black Rose are doing quite well and are smelling wonderful. Ffirst pic is the AK(on the left) just before harvest. You can see just how little the buds are. The Larry is on the right and the SBR is hidden by the AK.
The next pics are the Larry and SBR today in their 5th week of flower looking very happy. :)

View attachment AK01-22.jpg

View attachment LOG-SBR2-12.jpg

View attachment SBR2-12.jpg

Thanks for the update Hush.. Bummer about the AK... that sucks. The rest look very nice.

Yes, sure does suck about the AK! :( At least in taking it you're making a little more room for the SBR. I tell ya, that SBR should be a winner for you. My pheno was :D

Also, you've been out of it for a bit. There's a lot of little things you'll have to remember along the way. Like cleaning up the underside of your canopy! hah :aok:

Keep us updated! I'm taking stuff down today myself.

Thanks Kraven :) If you look closely, you can see the plant on the right is the Larry OG Kush and it stretches about twice as much as the SBR on the left side. Those plants are the same age.

Been a while since I updated the journal. The Larry and the Sugar Black Rose finished just fine. Actually better than fine as I did a split harvest on them and improved the amount of good quality bud from what would have been just popcorn had I taken it all at once. I finished with about 14oz total and was able to use all of the trim and lesser popcorn buds from all of the harvests in this grow room to make some very nice "dry ice hash". here are some pics of it. :)

Its been a while since I did anything with my journal. I was steadily growing in my little grow space but had an issue and had to kill everything and totally clean out my grow. But I am back in the swing of things again.

This is some new kids; 2 Blue Dream, 1 Sweet tooth, and 1 OGK auto. These kids love the Jungle Juice :D

Latest posts

Back