First time grower using ebb and grow system

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am still under attack by the borg, but i have a plan of attack now, i am picking up no pest strips tomorrow and i will go lights out for 2 or 3 days completely sealed tent no light no exhaust no nothing. after 2 or 3 days i should have pest free tents

I would not recommend this. First, No Pest strips are quite toxic. Second, they do not kill spider mites. Third, your plants really cannot go 2-3 days with no ventilation. I think your only real option is getting some serious miticide and get it on right now. You are soon going to be beyond the time you want to use miticides.

I am still under attack by the borg, but i have a plan of attack now, i am picking up no pest strips tomorrow and i will go lights out for 2 or 3 days completely sealed tent no light no exhaust no nothing. after 2 or 3 days i should have pest free tents

Gooch, if you want to try something reckless :), I read about a technique tio kill them and I posted it on Doc's thread.... you raise the temperature really high for 20 minutes, I can't recall exactly, maybe google it but it sure seemed plausible to me and a quick-fix or what?

But, like THG said, you don't have much time now, the insecticides are tried and true, but 20 (ATTENDED!) minutes of crazy heat? how risky can that be and what if it works?

sopappy i have had it at 90+ with humidity around the same, and when lights are out i have been kicking the humidity into over drive also, someone had said high humidity kills them also.
THG are you sure because the packaging says it will kill them and I agree i am fearful of the 2 days no lights, i will still be burping the tent to get fresh air in i just wont be exhausting. Do you think the strips could harm the plant, It says its oderless and kills all insects and listed off a bunch, plus some people have recommended this as they have used it in the past. I am trying not to use hard insecticide this is why i got the lady bugs i figure an army of hunters cant hurt, and i am hoping that the pest strip will work and be done, if not i have lady bugs, if that doesnt work i will have to use the nukes

ok so my current plan of attack is find the no pest strip and use it for 2 days, then i should receive the ladybugs, and i will let them loose after the tent has been aired out, if that doesn't work i am going to get mighty wash made by npk I have heard really good things about it so hopefully by this weekend we will be bug free

well today is an exciting day for me because i took my first clone a little over a week ago and i have waited impatiently for something to happen and tonight i popped it open and bam 2 long roots, omfg i am so excited i just cant hide

Sorry, but if that is your plan of attack, I am afraid that you will not even begin to eradicate them.

Yes, I am sure than No Pest strips will not kill them. And believing that No Pest strips are not an insecticide or dangerous is a mistake--it is an insecticide and it is toxic. But, instead of a quick spray and done, you are letting toxic fumes spread throughout the area of your grow space...and beyond into your living space. There are tons and tons of products out there that SAY they will kill mites, but few of them actually work.

Lady bugs will not work either. Their preferred food is not mites and they will only eat them if there is no other food at all around. They will not eradicate them. And when I used them, they died and I found dead lady bugs later in the buds--icky and gross.

Fresh wash will wash some of the mites off, but they will do nothing to get rid of them.

You are at a critical time here. If you do not get rid of them soon, you are not going to be able to do anything at all as it will be too close to harvest. I really really recommend hitting them with something serious and quit *****-footing around with ineffective things--that just makes them stronger and harder to kill.

Its also my understanding that most the eating is done by the Ladybug Larvae.

ok I will forgo everything and go nuclear rather then natural, maybe ill try the ladybugs in the flower tent and see what they can do in there. I am going to have to decontaminate the tent after the grow, then move the flowering into that tent and clean out the flowering tent. Makes me regret getting clones, i just wanted to fill out the space

ok I will forgo everything and go nuclear rather then natural, maybe ill try the ladybugs in the flower tent and see what they can do in there. I am going to have to decontaminate the tent after the grow, then move the flowering into that tent and clean out the flowering tent. Makes me regret getting clones, i just wanted to fill out the space

Slow down, Gooch, you missed the part about finding ladybug bits in buds. Yuck

that was a typo i meant in the veg tent with the mother and clones and babies lol

We always try to tell people to sequester clones when they get them from another source to make sure they are free from pests or disease, to prevent this kind of thing. I am sorry that somehow we did not let you know this.

If you have not purchased the lady bugs, don't. They will not even begin to eradicate the mites. It is truly a waste of money.

Did you try SNS 217? If not try that. It is organic and gentler than the others I am mentioning. If you did and it did not eradicate the mites (doesn't always work for me), I would go with some Forbid, Avid or Floramite. These are STRONG, so make sure that you follow directions to a tee. With mites the statement "Whatever doesn't kill them makes them stronger" is absolutely true. Trying to eradicate them with ineffective measures makes them more resistant to treatment. It is good to change up treatments. I have SNS217, Forbid, and Floramite in my arsenal.

Good luck eradicating "The Borg".

We always try to tell people to sequester clones when they get them from another source to make sure they are free from pests or disease, to prevent this kind of thing. I am sorry that somehow we did not let you know this.

If you have not purchased the lady bugs, don't. They will not even begin to eradicate the mites. It is truly a waste of money.

Did you try SNS 217? If not try that. It is organic and gentler than the others I am mentioning. If you did and it did not eradicate the mites (doesn't always work for me), I would go with some Forbid, Avid or Floramite. These are STRONG, so make sure that you follow directions to a tee. With mites the statement "Whatever doesn't kill them makes them stronger" is absolutely true. Trying to eradicate them with ineffective measures makes them more resistant to treatment. It is good to change up treatments. I have SNS217, Forbid, and Floramite in my arsenal.

Good luck eradicating "The Borg".

Which one is the strongest and any idea how long the shelf life is, THG?
I want one sitting in a corner in my room with one of these on the wall.

View attachment FIRE_EXTINGUISHER--EMERGENCY-EXIT-SIGN_tmb.jpg

Yea im pretty sure i did not discuss picking up the clones it was a spur of the moment thing, and i did not even consider, so live and learn i guess.
if i remove all plants are they still in the grow area or the entire basement, do they only live on plants?

I had mites once. The kind on a chickens butt. Bought a fine looking rooster and released him into the pen. Had mites on them all within .7 seconds. Well, maybe not that fast. But it was quick!!!

well i think i may have slowed them down with the sns217, Randomly chosen leaves from each plant show less spiders, but still there, will continue with the sns217 see where it leads, i am also looking into mighty wash which can be used throughout flower stage

I have received the reinforcements and released the first wave into the veg tent, since i already purchased them i figured i may as well see what they can do, only released about 50, will release more later, and then more in the morning. The seem very active on the plant that is for sure, and the info i read says they can eat 4-5 spider mites/day

:eek:
Now you've got a ladybug infestation.
In addition to all that stuff THG said, those mothers are MEAN these days, I bet they bite you.

Latest posts

Back