First time grower using ebb and grow system

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol its so cool watching them charge all over the plants top side under side, the only food source for them is the spider mites so if they dont eat they dont live

Its a shame you can't get some food and keep them in an aquarium for months and then take them out when you need them. :aok:

hey man its my first grow and im learning so im happy, they are still budding and and the buds are growing daily, so i am just slowly trimming all the leaves off soon enough they wont have anywhere to be lol or ill get em with the sprays

well im pretty sure that life cycle only matters if they have food to eat, so they better get to eating these spider mites so they can live lol cause that is all thats for dinner for the entire life cycle

Its a shame you can't get some food and keep them in an aquarium for months and then take them out when you need them. :aok:
I bet i could the guy where i bought them has been selling them for 7 years direct, he raises them

ahah! (inhales deeply) The flower tent looks great! what week are you in the pics here? and I can't see if they are in dirt or water.

its hydro currently ending week 3 start week 4 sunday, thats only 4 plants i want 6 to 9 in there think they will fit?

They are looking happy enough considering the bugs being in there. I wouldn't grow more than 4 at a time in a 4x4 or 5x5 tent. I find that plants that are allowed to grow bigger before flowering will be stronger and produce more, bigger, better buds. But that is my opinion. :)

yea the one in there that is all stretched was the one i fimmed and it stretched inside the rockwool, the mother which was the best of the 2 is still in the flower tent and im pulling clones off her. the others were clones that i got from outside which is what caused the spider mites lol

I am making a notable change in the res. I drained the res to 2.0ec, I then added in raw phosphorus, and raw amino acids. From what i understand when flowering begins the plant uses more phosphorus and later in the flowering it uses more potassium, but giving more potassium when it doesnt need it or more phosphorus when it doesn't need isnt good. The Raw amino acids are designed to help the plant utilize its nutrients better and allow the uptake of calcium better. This will be a week long experiment and we will see how the plants respond. i wish i could have started this at the beginning of flower but it is what it is ;-).
if anyone is interested in hearing how the plant uses nutrients throughout its cycle here is alink to a sweet video by a scientist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BleWpBYweHE

Yeah I did watch that video. It is rather interesting. The one thing you have to remember is that when someone like that is saying "this is the best stuff, this is what you need", they are being paid to sell that product. But He is correct about a lot of what he is saying. The difference in what he has and the nutrients that I have is, my nutes already have all of that stuff mixed up in 3 different bottles in formulated proportions so that all I have to do is adjust the ratio of the 3 parts to get real close to what my plants need, rather than having to go through 12 individual elements(using different amounts of each) to build the nute solution from scratch.

Some of those things could be handy in some situations but I see it as being more tedious than necessary.

well i think he is saying its the best stuff as in its the most pure, its basically a breakout of the nutes you mix together except the nutes you mix together have nitrites rather then ammonium, this is why he says to half the nutes your using and spoon feed what it needs at various points in the form the plant wants. Well I am learning a ton even if it ignore the products. But i do appreciate you watching and giving me feedback

2 day update with pics, everything is progressing excellent the plants seem to enjoy the change in nutes and their uptake of water is impressive once i cut the nutes I am running at 2.0ec. I picked up mighty wash and holy **** do my plants look great the leaves look great even the ones that were damaged look good, I will give them another spray at lights out tonight. I am also going to work on the mother who has not been treated with anything, im going to take some clones and trim back a ton of leaves.

View attachment 11-8-1.jpg

View attachment 11-8-2.jpg

View attachment 11-8-3.jpg

View attachment 11-8-4.jpg

Why do they look stretched? Sorry I didnt read the full thread to see what lights your using,,plus im high as hell.

well only one really stretched and that one has given me problems from the seed on with stretching, the others i defoliated due to mites one climbed up to the hps light i have at the top of the tent i know i should have had it closer to them but some were big some were small, but really there is only the one and i fimmed it then it sent shoots out from everywhere

They look real good. Keep giving them what they need and they will give you some fat little nuggets. :)

Latest posts

Back