First time grower using ebb and grow system

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that is a whole other forum lol
ok you are at day 40ish that is week 5 that means you to get your ppms up to 1000 like yesterday and ph it to 5.5 then if you have a hydro store near you i bet they carry the raw stuff i know the hydro stores near me do go get some potassium, just an fyi this can all be used in dirt or hydro i just dont know anything about dirt but i know he talks about dirt and the various things to use to feed the microbes etc... but for sure right now you want to get your nutes at least 1000, your poor babies are starving

Nobody is going to believe me but I'm now seeing some browning on the leaf tips starting and I'm at 500, not 1000.
voodoo
I'm still going to 1100 tomorrow.

Nice pictures, the excitement begins!

well then i would suggest first we get your meters reading properly because there is no way you are getting a burn at 500ppm 5 weeks into flowering, unless i am missing something. Without properly working tools there is no way for you to succeed. If you know exactly what your ppm/ec are, and your ph then you can have a grow that will blow your mind.

well then i would suggest first we get your meters reading properly because there is no way you are getting a burn at 500ppm 5 weeks into flowering, unless i am missing something. Without properly working tools there is no way for you to succeed. If you know exactly what your ppm/ec are, and your ph then you can have a grow that will blow your mind.

I tried to get a picture this morning and it's gone hahaha, it must have been another acid flashback. I was reading about dialing in perfect ppms by watching for first signs of brown so I scoot downstairs and there it is!

But you still forgot to post it :doh:

I looked again this morning and shrugged it off but my tri-pod arrived this aft. It was a drone and scared the living crap out of me what with having a stealth operation and all....
The leaf that shows it best is out of focus. Nothing really but if I was trying maximize my nutes, it would throw me.
(I doubled the ppms with no change).

View attachment 100_0014.jpg

View attachment 100_0010.jpg

o man that one that is all light is starving bad that is like all metals missing or not at adequate levels, im sure she will green up a bit with some real food on the plate

o man that one that is all light is starving bad that is like all metals missing or not at adequate levels, im sure she will green up a bit with some real food on the plate

the yellow one on the lower left? naw, she's doomed, I'm already picking at her, can't be any worse than the crap I got today, sheesh

she's one of the neglected back-ups in dirt, paid minor attention to pH, used my old nutes, they all got the same thing and they're in crappy dirt too, I just couldn't put my heart in to it, pre-occupied with the hydro :)

lol well she could easily come back with a ph adjustment and some nutes ;-)

well sopappy im not afraid to upload images ;-)

I thought I posted, I preview and am on to something else :doh:

these look superb!, I love that pyramid shape they're starting with
and they look dense,

this is going to sound stupid but how are you lighting those shots?

well the colored ones are under a full spec led 240w, and the others are just in the hps using a mobile app called hdcam

Tonight i am changing the nutes and no longer adding cal/mag i will be at about 900-1000 ppm or 1.7-2 ec I will add 1/16tsp per 2 gallon of potassium and we will see this bitches really start getting dense, I will also be adding amino acids to help with the uptake of minerals

lights off i have higher humidity 60% i think this allows the flowers to take in the moisture externally and lights on i have lower humidty 40-50 i think this allows them to perspire better and when they perspire they uptake nutes

I felt pretty bad about this so I ran some water through her and the runoff pH was 6.5 on the nose. I gave her some of the FloraBloom.

lights off i have higher humidity 60% i think this allows the flowers to take in the moisture externally and lights on i have lower humidty 40-50 i think this allows them to perspire better and when they perspire they uptake nutes

I wish I could find it but I just was reading lower humidity in flower is good, the chap said he even tries for 20% last couple weeks. I think it had something to do with turpenes.

Tonight i am changing the nutes and no longer adding cal/mag i will be at about 900-1000 ppm or 1.7-2 ec I will add 1/16tsp per 2 gallon of phosphate and we will see this bitches really start getting dense, I will also be adding amino acids to help with the uptake of minerals

You mean bigger, I don't see how they can get any denser.
I'm anxious to see what those Amino Acids do too, that guy had me on the edge of my seat.

I wish I could find it but I just was reading lower humidity in flower is good, the chap said he even tries for 20% last couple weeks. I think it had something to do with turpenes.
yes it stimulates the plants natural defense and builds up a coating of crystals to protect itself

You mean bigger, I don't see how they can get any denser.
I'm anxious to see what those Amino Acids do too, that guy had me on the edge of my seat.
The amino acids aid in the uptake of trace minerals and help feed the microbes within the roots to help stimulate them to multiply. I was using them and phosphorus for the first stages of bloom to try and build more bud sites, i think it worked, now i switched it up and i am no longer adding phosphorus and i am instead adding potassium which the plants use to turn the stored energy into sugars for the flowers it is supposed to make the buds grow and grow and grow it was 1.16 tsp for every 2 gallons so very little was used i believe it was a half tsp for the 20 gallons. I dont want to over due it

View attachment 11-14-1.jpg

View attachment 11-14-2.jpg

View attachment 11-14-3.jpg

View attachment 11-14-4.jpg

Latest posts

Back