First time grower using ebb and grow system

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i did something like that once, like soaking washing then drying the bud, it dried faster, results were not good. i was trying to save moldy bud, why are you considering doing it?

well my primary reason for doing it was to remove any dust, doghair, dead spider mites etc... and i found a really good thread on another forum where a member name DocBud has a thread dating back a bunch of a years uptil today with success story after success story basically you have 3 buckets first has lemon juice and baking soda, second bucket and 3rd bucket have just water, and if you thought you had mold you start with peroxide and water, but i only did 3 bucket, and it seems to have been good so far, i have them in the dark with 67f, and 53%rh,

whatever man, I cannot recommend doing that, but if you had to then i guess it's okay, just avoid messing the bud so much after harvest next time and consider it lesson learned. i would never put lemon or anything with residue

Ummm there has been no ill effect to learn a negative lesson from? But I will be doing a blind taste test when they are all dried, I will let you know the results. Its really no different then washing your vegetables, if you do not remove all the dust, and hair etc.. then you smoke/eat it. Seems very logical to me, trichromes are not water soluble enough to worry about affecting them, its just a washing off of the yuck

Gooch I had to google that "bud washing". I can tell you for sure that none of the people I know has ever incorporated that into a process. I would be very concerned about mold. To each there own I guess, in my humble opinion it's a waste of time and like most other internet stuff it's just that...stuff.

I dont have an actual weight as i dont have a scale but i filled 4 quart sized jars, and 3 1 gallon freezer bags, and the picture of the bud is one of the one that was washed

With good tight buds it usually comes out to about 1.5 oz per jar, the zips are closer to 3. Nice haul brother, good looking bud too.

I've been growing since 1978 in some form or another, be it OD guerrilla or indoor....your gonna end up with moldy bud, so try to be careful and make sure you look at all your stored bud frequently to make sure it doesn't mold. I was trying to hold my tongue but if you ended up with mold and you sucked that into your lungs that would be a lesson that you might not survive...please trust me, I'm a medical professional and have seen mold inhalation cases.

yes i agree but there is no mold, as matter of fact it was kind of opposite , it actually dries really fast and the is now to dry i think, i cant even keep it at 50% with belvida packs. I also did a smoke test and gave out blind taste tests i am awaiting the results from, but for sure the washed bud tasted cleaner, and smoother almost like no hit was taken but on exhale holy crap, on the other side i could feel the other going in the lung and made me cough, both tasted great and the buzz was very heavy

I've been growing since 1978 in some form or another, be it OD guerrilla or indoor....your gonna end up with moldy bud, so try to be careful and make sure you look at all your stored bud frequently to make sure it doesn't mold. I was trying to hold my tongue but if you ended up with mold and you sucked that into your lungs that would be a lesson that you might not survive...please trust me, I'm a medical professional and have seen mold inhalation cases.

That was an important post, should be a sticky or whatever you call them.
I jarred my first crop of Northern Lights and I hit it out of the park, beginner's luck BUT never even knew about mold until I saw it. I had to throw all of it out, and some looked just fine. You can NOT cut it out, it starts from the INSIDE out, by the time you see it, it's too late.
I'm kind of kicking myself now though, could I have made hash ?

I think you could have made RSO with it as you cook RSO, not hash. I was very concerned with mold because of the size of my buds, so the last week or more the humidity was in the 30's and the entire week and a half of drying they were in the low 40's, now i am trying to get it up to 62 and i am stuck on 51

I think you could have made RSO with it as you cook RSO, not hash. I was very concerned with mold because of the size of my buds, so the last week or more the humidity was in the 30's and the entire week and a half of drying they were in the low 40's, now i am trying to get it up to 62 and i am stuck on 51

If you can reduce your exhaust fan speed, the humidity should increase.

yea i had it as low as it would go and i had a humidifier on, not in the room with them but outside them room with the air being pulled in, I think i am in good shape they are floating at 50-51% in the bags with boveda packs, and i constantly check them to make sure they are smelling nicely and looking nicely. Everything is off branches and the buds are nice and solid from the back stacking i did

yea i had it as low as it would go and i had a humidifier on, not in the room with them but outside them room with the air being pulled in, I think i am in good shape they are floating at 50-51% in the bags with boveda packs, and i constantly check them to make sure they are smelling nicely and looking nicely. Everything is off branches and the buds are nice and solid from the back stacking i did

backstacking? training or feeding?

its either back stacking or bud stacking in the last 2-3 week of flower you cut the 3 fealer tips off and it makes the bud start "filling out" making it more dense and solid like you expect rather then squishy

its either back stacking or bud stacking in the last 2-3 week of flower you cut the 3 fealer tips off and it makes the bud start "filling out" making it more dense and solid like you expect rather then squishy

fascinating, I didn't think you could cut anything in flower

yea if you look at the buds there are 3 little white tips, that is what you trim off

Gooch
Don't stress about mistakes. We all make them. Your first grow will have them. Document everything. Make a grow journal in this forum. With picture updates. We will help you. Mistakes will happen till you get all your skills developed. That is just the way it goes. If you start with a plant that might hermie. The pollen can travel over a mile. You never want pollen loose in your house or grow area. It could come back and pollenate your best perfect plant. Then you are screwed even more. We are here for you.

nice bud thank you, but this grow was done in january, and produced some incredible cannabis, the dry and cure went perfectly as i had some 4 moths curing and it was just incredible, or so im told. I have had 3 total harvest now. I have incorporated bud washing every time, with zero mold ever, not only that i am now part of group of growers within my state and they are beginning to perform budwashing after tasting my grows. I suggest everyone try it at least with 1 branch, the problem you will have is once you find out its so great you wont be able to go do it to all the buds as it has to be done at time of harvest. I lost my info for this forum and just recently recovered it. I really enjoy the people in here

Welcome back Gooch :) glad the harvests have gone well for you.

Latest posts

Back