First Time Growing Purple (LED | SCROG)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very nice! i looked for mendo breath, think it was from gage green genetics. another super strain. looking forward to your finish pics.

very nice! i looked for mendo breath, think it was from gage green genetics. another super strain. looking forward to your finish pics.

Yup it’s Gage Green! Midnight Farms Clone House had AMAZING products. This is my 4th plant I’ve gotten from them and they have yet to disappoint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FLOWER WEEK 6:

I did some more defoliation, removing large fan leaves and those blocking budsites, and began adding Humboldt County’s Own “Purple Maxx” to accentuate the girls anthocyanin. With my homemade AC I can keep nighttime temps in the low-70s to mid-60s. I’m hoping these lower temps coupled with my addition of Purple Maxx will persuade these girls to start showing some color! I can already see hints of purple on the Kush. The Mendo Breath is still much larger than the Purple Animal Kush, which never did end up filling her side of the SCROG screen. On the plus side, this means a lot more lower budsites on the Kush are getting ample amounts of light, so hopefully by sacrificing a completely full side of the screen I’ll end up with denser, larger colas. Overall, these two have been goddamn champs, still not a problem to be had. Wish me luck for the final 4 or so weeks until harvest!

(PS, I included a picture with my LED on and the rest without, so you don’t get confused and think the whole plant went deep purple. I also included a pic from beneath the canopy to highlight my defoliation technique)
acac00bb55da3ba89aea983b80baa84b.jpg
58e110e115c77a0e1ec01515e2a7e3a8.jpg
8876d6f1fca416a9698ca0a9dc13b43e.jpg
a8bcf72283c1da7a60d4a10bbe9a98b7.jpg
4a744fdefda166e56c7c2a9d69e144d9.jpg
b4936d1fa50cd871a0c2a77cb675774c.jpg
183d5bcaf727f9c4e0cd7c74d77647dc.jpg

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...ng-Purple-(LED-|-SCROG).1469854/&share_type=t

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...alker-x-Grateful-Breath.1459468/&share_type=t

In my experience, the cooler the tent, the more purple will show but 60's should be good. I have a Satori plant I am harvesting Wednesday that has been outside and experienced so 40-ish degree nights. She is purple and almost black. Weirdest looking cannabis plant I have grown. I have pics in my 'not so much of a journal' journal. I have to thank you for doing a scrog. I did that a while back and was very happy with my yield and the bud density. For some reason I forgot about doing it even though I use my scrog screen as drying racks. Next grow I am going back to scrog.

In my experience, the cooler the tent, the more purple will show but 60's should be good. I have a Satori plant I am harvesting Wednesday that has been outside and experienced so 40-ish degree nights. She is purple and almost black. Weirdest looking cannabis plant I have grown. I have pics in my 'not so much of a journal' journal. I have to thank you for doing a scrog. I did that a while back and was very happy with my yield and the bud density. For some reason I forgot about doing it even though I use my scrog screen as drying racks. Next grow I am going back to scrog.

In my experience mid 60s and low 70s gets the purple to show. Any lower than that and i have noticed less growth and slower growth rates. I am hooked on scrog.

yep. this girl has slowed waaaaaaaayyyy down in growth though i can still see a difference from week to week(i work out of town so i don't get to see the girl every day). i grew some of the prettiest purple the winter of 2015-16. my basement got really cold, like in the low 50's in the tent without lights. the purple/pink buckeye purple was very, very pretty. dumb luck on my part.

yep. this girl has slowed waaaaaaaayyyy down in growth though i can still see a difference from week to week(i work out of town so i don't get to see the girl every day). i grew some of the prettiest purple the winter of 2015-16. my basement got really cold, like in the low 50's in the tent without lights. the purple/pink buckeye purple was very, very pretty. dumb luck on my part.

Man I only wish I could get my temps that low! 40s would be ideal as I know that’ll trigger those anthocyanins. I know I’d be sacrificing potency, but I’m just attempting to grow something colorful purely to test myself. I’d love to see the pics of yours man!

If you are really into purple, you should pick up some of Firestax Buck-eye Purple. This strain is purple without having to stress your plants out and inhibit growth and potency. This strain has absolutely the most beautiful purple buds of any strain I have ever seen. I have several pics in my outdoor grow journal. The purple is quite different than the purple you get from cold. My Satori purples up quite a bit (mostly the leaves) when it gets cold, but the Buck-eye Purple is purple from the get go, without the stress of too cold.

here are some pics. this plant slowly got used to the temps. i would not recommend trying to get the temps down that low for tent grown plants. i am no expert by any means but i would just think that would shock-delica them,

Wow these look crazy! Damn near black! I’m just starting to see the edges of my leaves turning purple, is that where is started on yours?

I missed a lot of this plants growth. I was out of the country for 3 weeks. The black is weird. The trimmed plant looks normal though ( a few purple spots but nothing spectacular). The hemp goddess is right about the buckeye purple though. Buy some seeds if they are available. Melvanetics is the breeder. I think my signature has a link to my buckeye purple grow. Some of the prettiest bud I have ever seen.

I missed a lot of this plants growth. I was out of the country for 3 weeks. The black is weird. The trimmed plant looks normal though ( a few purple spots but nothing spectacular). The hemp goddess is right about the buckeye purple though. Buy some seeds if they are available. Melvanetics is the breeder. I think my signature has a link to my buckeye purple grow. Some of the prettiest bud I have ever seen.

Great to know, that’ll be my next grow. Thanks guys!

FLOWER WEEK 7:

I finally started to see some purple! Both the girls are showing their anthocyanins and are starting to purple from the serrated edges of the leaves inward. I’m also seeing sporadic purple spots showing up around the leaves as well as some purpleing of the buds themselves. Still problem free and the girls are eating like their life depended on it! Couple more weeks to go!
a1048e89d7c54237854945097cb53102.jpg
18ae8b492242d6ff511f7a05aa3f4806.jpeg
d889dbc72b05be4bf8840015f5e8b19f.jpeg
22c8fc28f37b59732f3a9aece5eba60c.jpeg
f595f1b8c23e6e37c32a80a107e31984.jpeg
029c5ad64b33a9aec682de18bc62ba22.jpeg
e7899f87a5342d4bafc710177cdd9c4c.jpeg
1d4041e1c695041d8d1a899c6f88ced9.jpg

FLOWER WEEK 5:

Went out of town for a few days and came back to a forest! Did quite a bit of defoliation and added PK booster to my feeding schedule. I also used some support clips to help out buds that were leaning. All in all the girls still look perfect!
0ada398cca3c9e65edb9f2d8dd6c9296.jpg
4fa9b3c1002e2fbba9bd6e069dd66964.jpg
ed84b57346e7a986f040a647813bf683.jpg
bcf29562dd4b052a0d8e46d900da0b6f.jpg
8977d11ad552eaccbdd472ffb00e5fd7.jpg
6e437f3e418cb4199b187cb257d25e1c.jpg

Wow awesome job my friend,it's almost like I envy being an insect because they could live in harmony living amonst the gange

Sent from my Alcatel_5054O using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back