Flushing ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use Final Flush two weeks prior to my chop, it forces the plant to use its own stores of nutes and it does make a difference in the smoothness. But to each their own, if you feel its a waste of time then it probably is in your instance.

Just wanted to add I quit using Final Flush, in fact I quit flushing and I feed to the end, I found out by starving them the last two weeks was I cutting down on my weight....live and learn. I got caught up in the whole flushing thing awhile back and just found it to be a waste of my time...just my two cents.

TangieDank you reading this thread?
Wish I could tag him . Wonder how I can get him to see this thread. He flushes for like 3 weeks lol his plants are SO Green still I don't get it.

well . found it before you could tell me. so your telling me I should keep blasting the nutes or just keep going weaker feed? are the scientists at advanced nutrients wrong?

So even in soil you guys are saying NO flush or just DWC? Confused. So the ash will be white all will be good?

I don't flush my DWC or my organic soil grows.

I do not flush. I tapper off my nutes though in the last week.

The age old question.
Personally, I feed water the last 10 days or so, depending n the strain. I would not say that I am flushing, as I am not getting a ton of run off from the pots, just feeding plain PHed water.
I don't do this for the taste as much as the swell. I have noticed that when I feed just water the last days, the calyx swell a little more and a little faster then if I was to feed regular nuit mix. This, in turn, increased my overall weight. We are talking grams, not lb's. Bigger the room, more grams gained.

I use Promix as my medium, growing in 7 gal grow bags. I usually feed nuits 2 times, then water 1 time throughout the grow, from Veg thru week 6-7, then feed plain PHed water. Works well for me.
For me too, at my scale, usuing water the last 10 days or so saves on nuits too, which is a cost savings, as I don't see a need to feed hot mix to the end.

DWC is different imo. The uptake times for DWC is instant, so I would run nuits till the end. In my 7 gal bags, the Promix retains enough nuits to keep on feeding for quite a while by just adding water. Does this make sense?

But I agree with THG, it is near impossible to distinguish between well grown herb that has had nuits to the end vs water at the end.

The age old question.
Personally, I feed water the last 10 days or so, depending n the strain. I would not say that I am flushing, as I am not getting a ton of run off from the pots, just feeding plain PHed water.
I don't do this for the taste as much as the swell. I have noticed that when I feed just water the last days, the calyx swell a little more and a little faster then if I was to feed regular nuit mix. This, in turn, increased my overall weight. We are talking grams, not lb's. Bigger the room, more grams gained.

I use Promix as my medium, growing in 7 gal grow bags. I usually feed nuits 2 times, then water 1 time throughout the grow, from Veg thru week 6-7, then feed plain PHed water. Works well for me.
For me too, at my scale, usuing water the last 10 days or so saves on nuits too, which is a cost savings, as I don't see a need to feed hot mix to the end.

DWC is different imo. The uptake times for DWC is instant, so I would run nuits till the end. In my 7 gal bags, the Promix retains enough nuits to keep on feeding for quite a while by just adding water. Does this make sense?

But I agree with THG, it is near impossible to distinguish between well grown herb that has had nuits to the end vs water at the end.

y'all might consider "flushing" 1ml : 1 gal H2O2 for a bit of stress and swelling as a finish

:yeahthat:

Doesn't H2O2 pretty much kill everything in the soil? Might not matter much at the end of Harvest though.

yep but not entirely---:shocked: depends on how strong the mix is---im still trying to find the right ratio to stress the plant just enough for that last stretch of production the sticky gooey resin

last time i used 4ml : 1gal---all fan leaves turned yellow w/in 24 hrs---sugar leaves remained green/purple and 1 particular pheno looked incredible---she's drying now---looking forward to sharing her in weeks to come :smoke1:

Latest posts

Back