School shooting in Washington

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bwanabud

Hiding in a tree
Reaction score
Can't believe this madness continues, last report 2 dead...at least 3 severely injured. For children to attend school, with the possibility of getting shot...is a down right damm shame.

This never happened when I was a child, didn't even consider an action like this...what the heck has happened to society, or children(or parents there of) ??? In my day, you took the guy out back & beat the snot out of each other...week later you were friends.

I think it's time society woke the F up, and passed some laws to curtail these kinds of actions. Obviously guns are too easy to get/carry, for some unfit citizens.

As an avid sportsman & gun owner: I can honestly say, there are no larger morons lobbying our Government than the NRA.

Very sad event today, prayers & thoughts to all families effected by this needless tragedy.

oh crap, this is like a snowball effect, it is common US news. thats the big question, *** is happening to society? maybe it is too much video games, the focus on violence and instant reward versus the different reality where some teenagers struggle. it was mostly loners and depressed kids who wanted attention who did such things. i gota check this news out cuz you broke it to me cheers

I can honestly say, there are no larger morons lobbying our Government than the NRA.

The NRA and the Republicans that support them are disgusting fear mongers. They use the lie that Government is trying to take away their guns, when in fact they are trying to pass Common Sense gun control laws.

This is a quaint little town surrounded by beauty with the best potato pancakes in the world. Truly if it can happen in that lovely town it could happen anywhere. I don' think I have ever seen the world this crazy... I think we are topping the 60's. What is happening?

This sound s like it is going to get political, isn't that against the rules?

The NRA and the Republicans that support them are disgusting fear mongers. They use the lie that Government is trying to take away their guns, when in fact they are trying to pass Common Sense gun control laws.

Absolutely correct Hammy, I'm so tired of the "lose our guns" argument..."give them an inch, and they want a mile" crap.

COMMON SENSE laws, key phrase right there...Here at home we have all those laws now, so what's the big deal with a national level set of standards ? We have to provide a picture ID, have a background check run, and wait 5 days for receipt of said weapon purchase...so what, no biggie !

Unless I'm running down the road to shoot my neighbor, or rob a bank...what do I NEED a gun right this SECOND for ? A little planning for your purchase, in time for hunting season...or trap shooting...and you're good to go.

Gun owners will lose their gun rights, if they don't give ground on this issue. The general public has to feel safe, without feeling the NEED to own guns to protect themselves. These are blatantly obvious rules that need initiated, or the non-gun owners will vote those rights out someday.

I despise the NRA, they take away people's rights...not fight for them. Bully tactics and lies, feed the lobbying machine that money oiled the wheel.

This sound s like it is going to get political, isn't that against the rules?

I guess it could get political, but it's about more innocent children being killed. It's a travesty for acts like this to continue, and it's become a growing trend. The laws need changed, which ever party needs to take the lead. Our Commander & Chief tried to get the ball rolling in the last school tragedy, he was shut down quickly...and we stand here today with more children killed or hurt.

It's all a terrible and sad tragedy, that can touch any of our lives.

Explain why there are more gun deaths in the USA in the states with the toughest gun laws and why there are fewer gun deaths in the states with less restrictive gun laws.

There should be a law against killing someone. Oh, right. There is. There should be a law against children carrying guns. Oh, right. There is. There should be a law against carrying guns on school property. Oh, right, there is.

I've got an idea! Let's pass another law........

Benefactor Member NRA, and proud.

Explain why there are more gun deaths in the USA in the states with the toughest gun laws and why there are fewer gun deaths in the states with less restrictive gun laws.

ehhh...that would mean that more guns decrease the number of gun deaths... wait, what???!!!

Without doing a demographic study, I'd assume the strictest laws are in states with large cities...which means more people, probably more urban poverty= more crime/more deaths.

Could be because the tougher gun laws are in the Cities and States with the tougher neighbor hoods. I totally understand that there are plenty of places where open carry is appropriate. But to think that would work in cities like NYC is crazy. Those guns that are on the streets of my tougher towns in NJ...the majority of them were not bought here in NJ. Common Sense gun regulations are just that Common Sense.

There should be a law against killing someone. Oh, right. There is. There should be a law against children carrying guns. Oh, right. There is. There should be a law against carrying guns on school property. Oh, right, there is.

I've got an idea! Let's pass another law........

Benefactor Member NRA, and proud.

With all due respect, the common sense laws won't hurt anybody...it will save some lives. I respect and appreciate the laws that exist for my freedoms, but others rights/safety need protected too.

The real criminal here is, the parents home the gun came from. It should have been locked appropriately, kept in a safe, ammo locked up, etc... I've been a gun owner for many years, and it's MY responsibility to safely secure the weapon from misuse/harm/horseplay.

The first person to go to jail in this shooting crime, is the parent that owned the gun.

With all due respect, the common sense laws won't hurt anybody...it will save some lives. I respect and appreciate the laws that exist for my freedoms, but others rights/safety need protected too.

The real criminal here is, the parents home the gun came from. It should have been locked appropriately, kept in a safe, ammo locked up, etc... I've been a gun owner for many years, and it's MY responsibility to safely secure the weapon from misuse/harm/horseplay.

The first person to go to jail in this shooting crime, is the parent that owned the gun.
I agree completely that the parents are to blame. Number one is you should be close enough to your child to see problems like this coming from a mile away. I bought my daughter her first 22 rifle at the age of six. Her first handgun came at twelve. She's in her 20's now, sleeps with one under her bed, and has never harmed a soul with one.

What scares me is the knee jerk reaction people seem to have. My question to you is, what do you consider "common sense laws"? What makes you think that passing another law is going to change anything?

As far as this stuff being anything new, it's not. Back in 1927 in Michigan, a guy killed 38 school children and injured 58 other people. Guess what? No gun. He preferred explosives.

They better outlaw 20 pound propane tanks next.....

This is a terrible tragedy that happens way to often in our world today, the only fact that matters is that innocent kids lost theirs lives senselessly. Very Sad.

with that said this will not be popular but here goes, I live in Canada where gun laws are much different, we had 170 deaths by gun last year. the US had over 9000, the US population is about 10 times that of Canada, if you do the math its astonishing. I love Americans and work with many and have some close personal friends in the US, but come on.

I agree completely that the parents are to blame. Number one is you should be close enough to your child to see problems like this coming from a mile away. I bought my daughter her first 22 rifle at the age of six. Her first handgun came at twelve. She's in her 20's now, sleeps with one under her bed, and has never harmed a soul with one.

What scares me is the knee jerk reaction people seem to have. My question to you is, what do you consider "common sense laws"? What makes you think that passing another law is going to change anything?

As far as this stuff being anything new, it's not. Back in 1927 in Michigan, a guy killed 38 school children and injured 58 other people. Guess what? No gun. He preferred explosives.

They better outlaw 20 pound propane tanks next.....

I'm sorry brother that "dog don't hunt", mass killing are up astronomically in the past 10 years....and we're talking about children killing children too. The gun laws are too liberal when the police need tanks, to combat crime and crowds...the weapons available to the public today, have the police out gunned in calibre and speed.

Of course killing can be done with steak knives or baseball bats, but certainly not the carnage of late...and that argument is insulting to anyone over the age of 10 :) The redundant pre-programmed NRA speeches, don't fly with the general public...it's easier for them to vote the laws out, than argue against childish banter.

And please don't suggest we arm the teachers with guns, the Wild West days are over...and so are the gun owning days if people don't wake up.

This is about grieving parents, tragic deaths of innocent children...may they have peace.

The argument that passing yet another law is insulting to anyone with an IQ above room temperature. If you can't enforce the ones you've got, what's another one going to do?

Kindly back up your statement about the police being "outgunned". The SWAT squads of any city that's got one are equipped with full auto firepower.

I'm still waiting for your definition of "common sense" gun laws, unless you think I'm too "childish" to understand.:)

This is a terrible tragedy that happens way to often in our world today, the only fact that matters is that innocent kids lost theirs lives senselessly. Very Sad.

with that said this will not be popular but here goes, I live in Canada where gun laws are much different, we had 170 deaths by gun last year. the US had over 9000, the US population is about 10 times that of Canada, if you do the math its astonishing. I love Americans and work with many and have some close personal friends in the US, but come on.

Well said Dman,

Hippy 420, this conversation has been civil. Please don't change the tone and question posters IQ's.

LMAO... I love this topic. I'm not usually political but since I ran illegal guns for about 15 years, I have to laugh my butt off at people who think any law made a difference to me.

Make any kind of law you want.... didn't make 1 bit of difference to me. After all, I was a criminal. LOL That was in another life a thousand years ago but I guess I am that same person today because I feel the same way about pot laws.

Do they need harsher pot laws? Do they need more lenient pot laws? You non-criminal people argue that out all you want. Doesn't really matter to me. I am a criminal and I do what I want even if it is against the law.

Never made a darn bit of difference to me. And, as it is a pot growing forum with members who have been doing it for decades I ask you, did the laws (before legal pot) stop you from doing anything? LMAO

We're all criminals in our own ways. Laws are laws. Criminals like me (and you) don't care about laws if it's something we want to do.

Sure, make more laws. I don't obey them any way. Never did. Not the gun laws. Not the pot laws.

And, as a last note, I am pretty sure I speak for most all criminals when I say..... new laws? Harsher Laws....Haaaa Haaaa Yeah, right. I'll obey those because they're NEW laws. Not like the OLD laws that I break. LMAO

Ted Kennedy's Car has killed more people than my gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back