oidium, mildew problem, help! :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David_Matthew

Reaction score
Hi everybody, I have one exterior friend with what seems to be a mildew (or something like that) problem.

The ph of the soil is ok (I guess) at 6, the baby does not seems to lack anything (since leaves are all green and perfect) but since a 2 weeks, some little spots (getting bigger and bigger) are appearing on the leaves.

Looks like a powdery substance (white or really light gray)... I've tried hydrogen peroxide in water the first week (without any success) and a solution made of sodium bicarbonate the next week (sill without success).

I want your advice here before application of something more drastic. I have two product at home and I don't know which one could do the job (would be the best). There are both labeled as anti-fungus :

1- A solution made of citric acid and lactic acid.

2- A solution made of Sulfur.

Note : My plant is not at budding level, but not so far from it.

Is there one which is better than the other, and why ?

Thanks a lot!!!

This is the only thing i would feel comfortable recommending.

http://sierranaturalscience.com/products/natural-pesticides/sns-244c

You need really good hygiene if you think you have PM. Pick up an destroy any fallen leaves, any scissors or clippers you have used need to be sterilized with bleach water. You need big air movement to keep the pm away. Good luck and hopefully you caught it early.

PS, Welcome to MP, glad to have you join us.

neem oil watering and spray with neem oil and peroxide 1.5 tablespoons of neem 2 tablespoons of peroxide per gal spray the hell out of them

Acid and Sulfur are gonna make tasty buds, better to stick with Neem Oil but not so close to harvest as Neem is an acquired taste ...lol

I'm always bleating on about the wonders of this Neem Oil, and if I could I'd buy stock in the company but not b4 rosebud would ban me for advertising .....oololol
1/2 teaspoon to a pint spray bottle fill with warm water and shake and spray ...apply 2 times a day and you never get bugs or mold, and the big news this years has been proving by labs that neem oil is systemic that neem oil can be absorbed by the plant, to remove sap suckers like white flys gnats and aphids..and any fungi
said 2 much good luck

buddog the lil bit of pm i have had doesn't look like that i believe theirs a few different kinds of pm some worse then others mine have no signs of pm after watering with neem and spraying with neem and peroxide that was over a month ago to i believe

buddog the lil bit of pm i have had doesn't look like that i believe theirs a few different kinds of pm some worse then others mine have no signs of pm after watering with neem and spraying with neem and peroxide that was over a month ago to i believe

Good to hear....this is a great product..for organic growers, keeps PM away...

View attachment image.jpg

i suggest apple cider vinegar 2 - 3 table spoons per gallon of water try to combat your humidity issues and look for another strain once this one is over remember once grow is done sanitize your room before placing another plants in there

i.m going through it now also. I have mine under control. I'm using peroxide and water .along with vinegar and water .with some milk and water to. The peroxide and water is best. The o2 burns the cell walls of the mold and kills it. The vinegar and water raises the PH on the leaf to 8 so the mold can not grow. The skim milk and water gives good bacteria to fight off the stuff. It is an every day thing. 3 days now with no white at all. But the fight can be won if you willing to spray every day needed. Hope that helped. All 3 mixes are the same 1/4 cup of peroxide, vinegar or skim milk to a quart of water. The peroxide works best. kills that stuff.

also jerked the 2 stains that started it all and added fans. I have 2 fans in my greenhouse and another one outside.

Latest posts

Back