basic wiring/circuitry question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bongzilla

Reaction score
edit: answered

the second way pictured is correct

wire1.JPG

wire2.JPG

thats what i do and i have 2 power strips full plugged in to the same outlets with timers. but they're the only thing on that circuit breaker. works great. hope this help. i can show you a pic of my light setup if you need it, but it sounds like you got it figured out. good luck

i am not sure but pic 2 seems like the better way to go , but on something like that you really need some answers from someone that knows that kind of stuff. i don't want to tell you to do this or that and your house burn down. i belive there was an old thread , someone had just joined MP and was an electrical contractor. sorry can't remember there name maybe some one else does.. goodluck

thats how vanity lights are wired into your bathroom just without the plug. they're wired straight in. just don't over load your curcuit breaker.

Whats the power output of these lights you are using? If the power output is low then I would go for option 2.

ok pic 2 is the correct way to wire this

also

if you are going to plug this into a wall socket you will need to consider the breaker... the breaker regulates amps of electricity

usualy the wall sockets breakers are 15 amps

so figure out how many amps each light will pull and do the math.. as long as you keep it under 15 when you add them all up, your golden

so if they pull 2 amps each.. you can use 7 fixtures.. if they pull 4 amps each, you can use 3 fixtures.. and so on and so forth..

hope this helps

hmm.. just a lil 2 late on that.. haha

anyway while im here...
the fan inside the box is ustless unless theres fresh air coming in... the reason for the fan is to move fresh air around the plants so they can suck in the carbon from the co2... but if the box is closed and the air is just moving around inside.. its not really doing anything... also the fan is used to make the plants grow stronger by having it blow on them.. they have to sterdy themselves...

this is what i did... i cut 2 holes in my box... one in the bottom and one in the top... i bought 2 six inch fans from home depot and some 4" duct.... i wired them both togather like you just did for your lights, so they both run off the same plug... one fan goes in one out.. and the duct i put on and made it turn a corner so no light would go in thru tha fan holes when they are in the dark... when my lights are on i just open the box and push a fan up to it and let it blow the plants around.... works great

good luck

thanks for the tip bleek

p.s. speaking of home depot, is that place a farmer's heaven or what??

yea its tha bomb.. ive bought so much stuff from there for my hydro farm its crazy... always pay cash tho...

I wonder how many times per day the dudes working the front register see people buying that?

Those are both parallel circuits. Technically they are exactly the same the only difference is where the lights are positioned and which will look the neatest. Other than that they are both the same so to answer your question they are both the proper way.

so what kind of plug did you use? did you just pick up any old plug or did you have to get like a special 12 volt box plug.

Tater said:
Those are both parallel circuits. Technically they are exactly the same the only difference is where the lights are positioned and which will look the neatest. Other than that they are both the same so to answer your question they are both the proper way.

Tater is correct, there is no difference in the wireing.

Latest posts

Back