Muddys Grow Shack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muddy Paws

Reaction score
Hi E1! I'm Muddy, some of you may know me from other places :D

Here's my perpetual grow show starting off with Purple Wreck and Blockhead; I have a few other strains going right now, but we'll focus on these two for now.

Purple Wreck has 2 pheno;The Urkle and the TW pheno. From my understanding, the TW pheno doesn't turn Purple, but I got lucky and have both phenotypes. Most of these pix are of the Urkle pheno.

They have both been pollinated with Blockhead pollen :hubba:

PW1.JPG

PW2.JPG

PictureWreck 003.jpg

PictureWreck 007.jpg

PictureWreck 013.jpg

PictureWreck 008.jpg

Thanks guys! Any questions, let me know!

I grow in Miracle Grow soil, BTW..Most of it's recycled and doesn't have any nutes in it, but I can use regular MG Moisture Control and make it work pretty damn well! I also use PureBlendPro nutes, ChaChing and Big Up bud busters.

Both of these are in Hempy (IRB) buckets with soil only...I had heard forever that an IRB won't work with plain soil, but this just AIN'T so..lol

It works great!

I had heard forever that an IRB won't work with plain soil, but this just AIN'T so..lol
I'm growing in the same pots with soil. I do alternate between top feeding and filling the res though.

when you recycle your soil do u have to add castings, etc... back to it regularly? how many watts do u run?

godspeedsuckah said:
when you recycle your soil do u have to add castings, etc... back to it regularly? how many watts do u run?

Definitely, bro! I add earthworm castings, a little more lime, eggshells and pretty much any other organic crappola I can throw in there. Once it's been used once and flushed really well, it's a great medium by itself, since it has coco coir and all the other goodies. Most people just can't get past how hot it is when it is new so they stop using it altogether..

I just started re-using the soil so some of my larger bushes are starving a little bit, I was skimpy with the nutes. They say Miracle Grow feeds for 3 months, but usually by the time I grow one plant all the way into flowering, by the end of the 2nd month I have to start supplementing nutes.

The Purple Wreck is a great plant though..It's tough and responds well to addl nutes.

I have a 600 watt digi (HPS) going on em :D I think that was one of the best investments I've ever made, ya know?

Here is the Blockhead; She's a slow grower, but it's rumored to be some EXCELLENT smoke! I should have let this lady veg longer, but I wanted to get some crosses F2s made asap. I took a cutting and will use that as my mother plant and for future crosses. I think she's at about 21 days of 12/12.

Blockhead1.jpg

Blockhead3.jpg

Blockhead 01.jpg

slowmo77 said:
i also recycle mg soil. i keep it in a rubber maid tote, then add a butt load of live worms, dead leaves, old veggies, and other organic material. after a months or so of turning its all good. my girls seem to like it.
It's amazing how well you can grow great buds doing it the same as we do..it's a shame that a lot of people give up on MG so easily.

Do you use the Moisture Control or the organic?

I use the MG Moisture Control with addl perlite, vermiculite, earthworm castings, lime and of course the orgaincs that we've talked about. It's cheap, easy and it seems to have great results :)

I am inspired guys, thank you!! I am starting my recycling program tonight. i figure i can use some of my worms for fishing and the rest for a great soil structure. do you add lime to your soil to help stabalize it?

i use moisture control with added perlitle and lime. its so much easier to reuse your soil over and over rather than buyin new everytime. just makes sense.

yes it does. i have alot of ocean forest left, and some great garden soil i will mix in. cant wait to leave work in 6 minutes LOL.

godspeedsuckah said:
I am inspired guys, thank you!! I am starting my recycling program tonight. i figure i can use some of my worms for fishing and the rest for a great soil structure. do you add lime to your soil to help stabalize it?

Flush out your soil one time before you start newbies in it and definitely add a dose of Lime in there, man :)

i enjoy it. when i wanna go fishin i got plenty of worms fat and ready, i get clean organic soil.

also if anyone has a good widely available organic food they like let me know, i been usin a compost tea, but thats alot work everytime i feed.

slowmo77 said:
i enjoy it. when i wanna go fishin i got plenty of worms fat and ready, i get clean organic soil.

also if anyone has a good widely available organic food they like let me know, i been usin a compost tea, but thats alot work everytime i feed.
Hey SLowMo...give me an idea of what you put in your tea?

I'm too lazy to even make tea, so you're one up on me there..lol

Trillions of Atoms has a thread on here somewhere on how to make it.. he use wormcasting, mushroom compost and peat moss i think. i use a 3 gallon pot with 1/3 composted cow poo, 1/3 worm castings, 1/3 peat moss. then run the same 3 gallons of water thru it 5 or 6 times. then i mix that 5o/5o with plain water. i mash all the water out of the pot with the composted material.. it works but i'd like to have a better way of doing it.. hope this helps

Thanks a lot SlowMo!!

Here's a picture of my "preggers" Blockhead, I'm making F2s and PurpleWreck crosses with the BH pollen.
If you look real close, you can see how fat the calyx are getting! This is my first attempt at seedmaking so excuse me if I get a little spastic :D

Blockie 002.jpg

Latest posts

Back