How hot does a 250w cfl get

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry!!! iknow this is a old thread but i have been trying to figure out if i could use a 150 watt hps without ventilation(i have no where to vent). my grow is 33''L 15''W and 5 ft tall and i curently use 200 watts of cfls and i could add more if i wanted to without any heat issues. so does this mean i could use a 150 watt hps without ventilation? i would have a fan blowing on the bulb to dispurs the heat. i would really apriciate your help. i keep finding all kinds of diffrent opinions so please help me if you can!!! THANKS

yes, if your running 200watts of cfl's with no heat issues, then you will not have heat issues with the 150watt hps. what im more concerned with is, if you are not venting your current set up with the cfl's. how are you exchanging the air within the room? you will benefit greatly by having some form of air exchange within your room.

I can not use CFL and HPS, it is very hot in my place, when I used Mars led light, I can control temperature very well. Leds can produce less heat.

if you are not using any ventilation system due to the sound of fans then do not use grow tent. if you want to use grow tent then make sure you have a good ventilation system installed in your tent. without proper air flow , very hot which is not good for plants at all.

if you are not using any ventilation system due to the sound of fans then do not use grow tent. if you want to use grow tent then make sure you have a good ventilation system installed in your tent. without proper air flow , very hot which is not good for plants at all.
Totally correct.

I can not use CFL and HPS, it is very hot in my place, when I used Mars led light, I can control temperature very well. Leds can produce less heat.
That's right, it has a lot to do with the summer heat, the first thing is to choose a good light;)

Latest posts

Back