Average vegetation period length

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonnylorenzo

Reaction score
I need to know the average amount of days that a outdoor plant (sativa & indica) should be in the vegetation stage ?

My Sativa plants, which went outside on 13 May, and are starting to flower now. They were 6 wks. old at the time. My Indica plants, which were sprouted on the 10th of May, are starting to show signs of flowering. They went outside on 23 July but were under 24/7 lighting until then. I know the Indicas were induced to flower by the introduction of a night cycle but my Sativa strain is about a 7-7&1/2 month plant. The Indicas I raise can be a 6 month plant indoors but this is the first time I have attempted to flower them outdoors.

Light is everything and the days are getting shorter now, about 14 & 1/2 hours in my area.

Mine have always been outside from the start its outdoor but its my first time so I wasn't going to spend alot of money on then but they are turning out better then I thought they would haha but my sativa is 64 days old and my Indica is 57 days old I was thinking about inducing the flowering stage a little earlier bc of the months plus i think i started mine a little late started the sativa in a pot on the 28th of may and the indica on the 4th of June I just really want to know how much longer I need to wait till induce flowering I was thinking 80 days old

They can be induced into flower as soon as they are sexually mature. You can veg as long or as short as you please. How big you can handle them. They just need to be sexually mature to flower.

How do I know when they are sexually mature because I've seen different places saying that you see the sex of the plant until 2-3 weeks into flowering so how do I know if its mature before flowering

Anywhere 6-10 weeks is a super rough timeframe, that they will show some preflowers. Anything longer than that if you induce light deprivation will def show male or female. Hope that helps.

How are you going to induce flowering outdoors?

Do you have alternating nodes yet? That indicates sexual maturity.

What is alternating moved and I have s spot set up that I will have to move in and out of 12h day and 12h night

can u take pics of the newer growth a close up pic should tell sex that plant looks like it should have already preflowered

Yeah, can you post a pic higher up on the tops of the plant.

I don't think you have alternating nodes yet and I see no sign of sex. We do need a picture of the top part of the plant. I highly doubt that you would have pruned the preflowers as they are very small and show at the nodes. The last pic is new growth and not a preflower.

What are you pruning and why?

Okay thanks i was worried about me pruning them...and I prune the top colas to keep it short and bushy instead of tall and thin

...dude! such a loaded question.
The botton line says ...its all yours, I've done 30 days minimum to 6 months and more, and I just have a thing for old fat wrinkled ladies with great fat ankles, bursting at the seams ...lol

way more flavorsome ...lol

Latest posts

Back