Nute burn or over water

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aktrue

Alaska prime growing
Reaction score
hi guys i have finally made it back to growing

Alaska is now a legal state and i have jumped at growing

first let me start off with
both buckets had mold and bacteria at first {green layer at the surface of the soil}

the left bucket was a little nute burnt and the right was dying
i scraped the top off the soils and let them sit for a day
the left one has come back and is flurishing with new growth the right one is getting worse today i transplanted it in to a new mix of soil and did a sprinkling of water with seedling nutes in it

what do you guys think
temp is of canopy top

View attachment 20150505_202132.jpg

View attachment 20150505_202121.jpg

View attachment 20150505_203132[1].jpg

View attachment 20150505_203202[1].jpg

Soil looks too "heavy" to me, will not drain fast enough. Appears to need perlite added to promote drainage. IMO.

Yeah the soil does look heavy, you need perelite and a fan to dry that soil up. Those seedlings should not have recieved any nutes yet.

I also believe that the soil looks too heavy, but if you fed them anything while they are this tiny, you have burned them. Food at this stage can kill them. So, did you feed them anything? If so, they are nute burned and may not survive. The soil is a problem, too, though. What exactly are they planted in? I also find it better to start plants in small containers, like kegger cups. It is easier to control moisture and nutrients. There is no reason for transplant shock if you are careful when you do.

i agree with Goddess the containers are to big, a lesson i learned from her!! lol an for sure add some perlite to help with the soil..BtL

I also believe that the soil looks too heavy, but if you fed them anything while they are this tiny, you have burned them. Food at this stage can kill them. So, did you feed them anything? If so, they are nute burned and may not survive. The soil is a problem, too, though. What exactly are they planted in? I also find it better to start plants in small containers, like kegger cups. It is easier to control moisture and nutrients. There is no reason for transplant shock if you are careful when you do.

I am using canna terra and I am following the feeding schedule. Yes smaller containers would have been super beneficial,
I am using potting soil / coco perlite mix 50/50

Yeah the soil does look heavy, you need perelite and a fan to dry that soil up. Those seedlings should not have recieved any nutes yet.

i would add more perlite it doesnt look like theres enough to me, but i use alot because it helps drainage an getting air to the soil by keeping it loose. just my opinion...BtL

Does the feeding schedule actually say to feed them as soon as they pop up (couldn't find a feeding schedule online clear enough to read completely)? Regardless, IMO, you cannot feed them this young...nutrients this young can and does kill plants. You will probably not have to feed them until they are 2-3 weeks or so. When in soil, I wait until the cotyledons start to yellow before I feed my plants. What kind of potting soil are you using? I did see though that they recommended 18 hours light for vegging. You will have bushier plants with more bud sites vegging 24/7.

IMO, you need more perlite. However, I do not use coco because it just seems that the soil is too dense and heavy and stays too wet. Is this a mixture someone else you know is using? Maybe you can ask for some guidance as it just looks too dense to have good drainage properties.

Does the feeding schedule actually say to feed them as soon as they pop up (couldn't find a feeding schedule online clear enough to read completely)? Regardless, IMO, you cannot feed them this young...nutrients this young can and does kill plants. You will probably not have to feed them until they are 2-3 weeks or so. When in soil, I wait until the cotyledons start to yellow before I feed my plants. What kind of potting soil are you using? I did see though that they recommended 18 hours light for vegging. You will have bushier plants with more bud sites vegging 24/7.

IMO, you need more perlite. However, I do not use coco because it just seems that the soil is too dense and heavy and stays too wet. Is this a mixture someone else you know is using? Maybe you can ask for some guidance as it just looks too dense to have good drainage properties.

here is the schedule canna recommends for feeding,
i did wait for the cotyldons to start yellowing.
how ever is very well could have been the mix of the soil and heavy first watering that killed the one i do have a survivor and it has exploded in the past few days tremendous new growth and plenty of life.

View attachment 20150508_191910.jpg

View attachment 20150508_192609.jpg

Latest posts

Back