Mountain grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Killertea08

Liven The Dream
Reaction score
Planning a mountain grow in the next month or so, because we are at 7500 ft above sea level what precautions can I take to make sure it will survive dips in temperature at night. My plan is to veg some clones under T5 lights until 12" tall. I will harden them off for a few weeks prior to being transplanted in 5-10 gal pots. What am I forgetting? Thx

If you have freezing temps, you will have to cover them or they will not survive. If the temps go low enough, just covering them will probably not suffice--you would need auxiliary heat. What is your growing season? I have some concern that, at that altitude, you may not have a long enough growing season to finish them. When outside, the shortening days tell the plant to start flowering. Since this doesn't happen until June 21st, you can expect outside plants to generally go well into Sept and sometimes into the first of Oct.

Can you put the pots in the ground to help protect the roots from cold?

heavy mulching to keep the roots warm---close to a water source---plant on a SW facing slope---somewhere u can pitch a tent to keep ur eye on ur grow the last month of harvest

thing that gets most guerrilla growers busted is i big green patch in a surrounding brown area---keep the plots stealth by blending in with the surroundings---pack ur trash out of the forest

Your right Hemp Goddess, my growing season is going to be problomatic. Getting the plants out in the next month or so. The problem with the area is that right now AccuWeather.com says nights are 36 deg. I hope I don't get any random cold spells or they will sure suffer or die of cold. I'm thinking of using brick to wrap around the pot to absorb heat and help at night. I will build a getto cold frame to help with frost.

for critter prevention, lay down some chicken wire around your plants....critters don't like walkin' on the wire....works good and no "fence" to be spotted....hth

Latest posts

Back