Sick or underwatered seedling?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That plant isn't happy. I would bet that either there is too much nutrients in the soil or none at all. From the looks off the medium, I would say none at all as that medium looks very coarse. You want medium that will hold the roots and stabilize the plant well, but one that will drain well so that it doesn't hold water around the roots, but will stay moist enough to keep moisture and nutrients available to the roots. You also want medium that will hold nutrients a little. If the medium is too coarse, it will not hold enough moisture or nutrients to keep the plant happy.

Unless there is more finer material underneath that material, I would recommend that you get some better medium like coco coir iff you are wanting to use soilless medium, or one of the many organic soils available, and then transplant that seedling and begin feeding it with nutrients that are formulated for growing MJ.

The soil is miracle grow potting mix. Is it nutrient deprived or starved?

The soil is miracle grow potting mix. Is it nutrient deprived or starved?

No, I do not believe so, I believe it is the soil that is the problem. That MG soil is just not a good medium. You want something without big bark chips in it. The medium you start out in is very important. Isa it possible for you to get some better soil and repot it? The MG seed starting mix is not bad, but that is about it. You also do not want soil with any kind of moisture crystals or add ed nutrients--nothing that says anything like feeds for x number of months. See what you have available around you and we can recommend a better soil. As a little side note, I almost killed my seedlings using coco. I do not know what I could have possibly done wrong, but when I got them into some good organic soil, they popped right back and are looking healthy (and like they are going to live) and growing well. I would personally recommend that you go with soil right out of the gate.

However, are you feeding it yet? If so, what? Cannabis is also quite finicky about the food it gets.

Latest posts

Back