Butane testing thread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OGKushman

Don’t eat that pancake.
Reaction score
I have yet to see a can of butane leave nothing behind.

I would like members of the forum to take their butane and follow this test procedure, post results please. :)

1. press butane can tip against mirror
2. drain butane for 2 seconds
3. dry with hair dryer
4. tilt mirror into light and snap a pic
5. tell us the brand

thanks guys!

oh! and this is Power 7X super refined

2904bcfe.jpg

88a21fe5.jpg

06892980.jpg

7c29b4e6.jpg

44458bb1.jpg

488eb068.jpg

2bd12e44.jpg

No one else? I'll go buy some other cans in the name of science if I have to :rofl:

A little more digging and I quickly discovered this residue is likely Sulfur from the hydrogen sulfide in all butane.

**I am not a doctor but...ewwwww:p

:ciao: OGkush

Ive never done butain extraction...whats the purpose of this test?...to find a butain that doesnt leave a resadue behind?...I think they all will as it is an aresol product....Ill see what they have at the store later to help ya out

take care and be safe

I have been told many times that certain butanes are "pure" and have yet to find one. I do own an extractor but don't use it anymore after the 7x i had left a white residue in my Pyrex. Doesn't mean I don't like BHO...just that I'm concerned for other fellow smokers :D

anybody ever try this test with the cheapest crap stuff to see if you can see any difference?

I used the Vector 5x but never tryed this test.

Oh..This is good stuff here...even though I have never tried BHO...

So sorry OGKUSH brother..I will look again tomarrow...was very busy tooday

GrowDude...Much respect brother..What would be the cheapest??..I seen some crap at grocery store....never got into refilling lighters but You and OG has caught my intrest...mostly that of a test:D

Butaine and fire???

take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

OGKushman said:
No one else? I'll go buy some other cans in the name of science if I have to :rofl:

A little more digging and I quickly discovered this residue is likely Sulfur from the hydrogen sulfide in all butane.

**I am not a doctor but...ewwwww:p

Hydrogen sulfide smells and tastes like rotten eggs and is detectible inparts per billionth, so a sniff should answer your question.

I suspect it is the <50ppm oleaginous waxes (paraffin) that typicallycontaminates butane.

It doesn't matter that it is only .000050 parts of the whole, if you spray down(1) whole, you still have 50 pieces left behind.

Paraffin wax makes sense. So that's why fat BHO hash oil globe hits taste like a a Duraflame fire log.
I'm done with BHO though. Can't stand knowing that stuff is in there.

wax on, wax off grasshopper...:eek:

If you are going to smoke weed you are going to smoke wax. MJ has waxes in it as well as oils and other stuff. You're making a big deal out of nothing, really. You are consuming petroleum products every day.

I use ceramic plates, aluminum water bottle, stainless flatware, glass smoking pieces, store weed in mason jars.......

Stay as far away from petroleum products as possible. ;)

Just had a buddy come by today and bring his bubble bag system...never made bubble from my trim before, only butter/ISO/BHO...I think he convinced me. It bubbles and tastes SO GOOD. And it came from water :eek:

Man it's so tasty. The terpenes are def still in there...

e1c4ccdf.jpg

dd02e5ba.jpg

Shoot thru glass tubes. Shoot into pyrex placed on a small burner, this will evap all butane aprts. There is more to it, but my boys kill it with this method. Amber Glass.

That won't get rid of the wax and other solids that don't evap^

:rofl: @ my duraflame log comment again . I forgot about that.

Doing some more searching...

"you are planning on doing this to the butane ran extracts right? A fat and wax removal process?"

No my game plan was to use hexane first, than after vacuum purge, add ethanol (95% beverage grade), winterize, coffee filter, than activated carbon, than coffee filter, finally syringe filter - 0.2um finally vacuum purge.

Anyways, I though hexane was for the primary extraction. Could be wrong.

Whatever goes first ethanol or hexane, im definitely doing either hexane, heptane, or pentane. Though I think I have a lead for a batch of hexane used for soy bean oil processing (so should be a good product).

These dudes are nuts with their extractions...anyone who wants to learn some cool chemistry here is the link...:) (sorry about the bad language but it's the link :confused:)

hXXp://www.fuckcombustion.com/threads/abv-concentrate-experiment-what-method-is-best.4331/

OGKushman said:
That won't get rid of the wax and other solids that don't evap^

:rofl: @ my duraflame log comment again . I forgot about that.

I dont believe there is wax in butane, not like that glass is showing.
That would plug up a butane lighter the first use.

There is more to it we arnt getting.

Growdude said:
I dont believe there is wax in butane, not like that glass is showing.
That would plug up a butane lighter the first use.

There is more to it we arnt getting.
There really isnt. What do you mean you dont believe it? It's wax and heavy metals.

I've been doing a lot of research about this lately and I have come to the conclusion that there are FAR better substances to do extractions with.

All I can say is my boys are making a concentrate with no impurites at all, and from butane extraction. It has been testing at 80% and is perfectly clear. It goes for BIG money. Personally, I don't make it at all, so I am not sure the exact steps they do, but I know they use a double boiler also.
There is a HUGE new trend called "Dabs", and it is catching on big time. I too have bought a "dab" rig for my bong, and it is truly one hitter quiter.

I was taken off guard recently at a party that Steep Hill labs thru. All the big players were there, including the De 'angelo's and many NORML folks. No one was smoking herb. I was saddened. They ALL were taking "dabs". Concentrate only.

Anyone familar with what I am talking about?

Latest posts

Back