How early do you start seeds indoors ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebel

rebel
Reaction score
wandering when yu all start your seeds indoors before moving to the great outdoors ?
I'm zone 6 Lat 38north. I have moved them outdoors in mid April with success. Just depends on the weather and heavy frosts.

well i Always tend to go 2.5 months before transfer to outside from seed

thanks pals, DrFever, how tall are yours at 2 1/2 months when they go outside ?
just kinda cautious about reveg if put outdoors too early.

I believe I will get things ready. A good mix of Organic soil, powered lime, Epsom salt, aged poultry manure from my chickens, peat moss. I'll mix all this and then mix it with the original soil from the holes.
Yesterday I filled a plastic barrel with water and hung a burlap sack filled with poultry manure down in it.
Will make some nice tea for vegging.

thanks pals, DrFever, how tall are yours at 2 1/2 months when they go outside ?
just kinda cautious about reveg if put outdoors too early.

i try to get plant at least foot tall for my outdoor grows many people throw in clones i think there is a 50 50 chance of survival rate at clone stage i use milk cartoons so i can place 9 clones per milk crate stacked in a pick up truck lol to location ...

I dont understand your question Re veg ??? for instance if i plan on doing outside grow in my area its middle to end of may for planting outside i will start about now to get seeds going via natural sunlight so by the time i am ready plants will look like this or little bigger

View attachment DSCF1187.jpg

View attachment 041.jpg

View attachment 043.jpg

Sticky: Springtime, Indoor Plants Go Outdoor
this is what I meant on revegging

I like them 2 feet tall or so, when they head out. Make sure they are healthy & strong, before you subject them to spring frosts.

When i transplant outdoors i have them sexed. How tall they are depends on when they show. Some take longer so they grow taller.

I start seeds long enough for me to sex, so 6-8 weeks before last frost.

April 20th they go outside
1st week of march is when i sow seeds

I also sometime take clones of known females, and transplant them outdoors as soon as they root. This allows me to take many plants out in one trip.

By doing this i get 6 months of veg before they start to flower. around the end of august for me.

Roughly 3 months....non feminized seeds need a sexing period...and 3 months gives me plenty of time...by the way great looking plants dr. Fever..these here are a month old fom germ to now..

View attachment image.jpg

Latest posts

Back