Wanna Grow organic need Help with super soil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

000StankDank000

Reaction score
So I am gonna mix up my own soil. I have been gathering supply's . I am looking for input from people with exsperience . So far I have.
Bone meal
Blood meal
Rock dust
Worm castings
Organic fertilizer
Epsom salt

Was gonna add the two types of guano high in N and the high in P one.

For my base I was gonna use the plan pro mix stuff with a brick of co co mixed into it.

Do you see any other things I should add to my soil?

if it doesn't specifically say that the coco was washed, then wash it before adding it to the mix.

I really liked Nouvellechef's super soil recipe. Ozzy also had a whole list of different soil recipes for different phases. Putting together a supersoil recipe yourself requires some knowledge about the N-P-K content of everything you put into it and the length of time it takes to break down and if it is supplying the correct things at the correct time. As cannabis is not one of those plants that you can use the same N-P-K ratios all the way through, it really does matter when the individual items break down.

The only important thing I see missing is Dolomite Lime. Add about 1 Tbs per gallon of soil.

You need a lot more than that too run a plant from start to finish with water only throughout. It can be done. You just need to make that mix really hot. MJ will suck down a ton of nutrients for 17 weeks give or take.

You need a lot more than that too run a plant from start to finish with water only throughout. It can be done. You just need to make that mix really hot. MJ will suck down a ton of nutrients for 17 weeks give or take.

Do you have a recipe you suggest?

Are you doing this for an indoor or outdoor run and how many plants? I have found it to be close in price to just buy decent soil and use organi nute tea, but that's for a 600w x2 setup. Also the nute tea really helps keep the soil alive and breaking down organic material in your soil or that you have used to top with. Let me know if you are interested and want a good recipe!

With that set up you could do one brew per week and give it straight water if it needs a second watering. It would def help it produce more and with all the mycorrhizae in there, it would really help the organic materials break down better. With a living soil you could also do a topping a few weeks in to help keep your N up late in the game. Tea's really help the topping break down and soak in.
Being that you are going organic for your first time, I must say watch for pests! I sometimes put a layer of earthstone on top to keep gnats from being tempted. They also keep less soil h20 from evapping so you don't have to water as much. It requires you moving a few stones out of the way to check before watering, but keeping gnats away is well worth it!!!

Latest posts

Back