First time grower using ebb and grow system

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn i have to keep adjusting the ph down, it keeps going above 6 even after i drop it to 5.5, once cycle and it goes up. Is that normal?
I also notices spots on some of the older growth leaves you can see it in the pic

I read in one of the forum posts somewhere that one of the first signs of over watering is curling and drooping, coincidence that i added more floods? i think so. I changed it up to 3 floods for 30 mins each see what that does, along with adjusting the ph down

Thanks bigtrees420, did you see the leaves on the bushy one? I am thinking combo of over feeding and to high ph so i have addressed both scenarios i moved feeding to once every 8 hours for 30 mins instead of 5 floods for 15mins, and i will keep adjusting the ph down

I did see and hopefully adjusting your solution and feeding schedule will take care of that...I have been growing in soil for almost ten years so I don't want to give you any bad advice on your hydro set up - although I have been considering trying one of these systems you are using and that is why I opened this thread up to begin with. One thing I did note when it comes to your ventilation set-up - maybe I read it incorrectly but you said you are using an inline fan to bring air in and are letting it exit the tent on its own through the vent flaps? In my experience it is better to use your inline fan to exhaust the air out and let air get sucked in through the holes in the tent creating a sort of vacume to draw fresh air in...you want to exhaust more air than you have coming in or you will end up with heat/odor issues down the line. This is from my own personal experience. But keep up the good work! Everything is deff looking great especially for your first grow!

Well I mis spoke, I have an inline fan that is not being used atm no need very small grow. I am using a dual fan at my screened vent rectangle i have it set to a temp of 75 so it will keep the temp around there, I have one side blowing in filtered air, and the other half blowing out, I am currently at 23c and 57% humidity
Here are some updated pics of the leaves discoloring on my bushy one, and a bunch of post fimming with close to 9 new heads,
I would love to grow in dirt but to date have been unsuccessful, i heard hydro is overall easier so i went this route. The ebb and flow is amazing I think i hit the magical floods on the first shot with the every 6 hours 4 times a day in the clay for 15 mins, when i boosted it up to more feedings, and 900ppm nutes i started having issues, so i dialed it back to 600ppm and now at 3 feedings once every 8 hours but on for 30 mins. I dont think the discoloring will stop in the leaves affected i am just hoping it doesnt happen to more

View attachment 9-20-15-discoloring-1.jpg

View attachment 9-20-15-discoloring-fimmed-1.jpg

View attachment 9-18-count-the-heads-1.jpg

View attachment 9-18-count-the-heads-2.jpg

View attachment 9-18-count-the-heads-3.jpg

View attachment 9-18-count-the-heads-4.jpg

View attachment 9-18-count-the-heads-5.jpg

View attachment 9-18-count-the-heads-6.jpg

ok I just had my hannah meter replaced with a new one, and it seems to be working fine now, but apparently i was up the 6's and 7's and I suspect not good enough uptake of the nutes, I have adjusted it down with the new meter fingers crossed

Damn i have to keep adjusting the ph down, it keeps going above 6 even after i drop it to 5.5, once cycle and it goes up. Is that normal?
I also notices spots on some of the older growth leaves you can see it in the pic

Let it go to 6, gooch, you're in veg.... 6.0 to 6.3 is great for veg in hydro, worry about 5.7 - 5.9 when yer flowrin'

Let it go to 6, gooch, you're in veg.... 6.0 to 6.3 is great for veg in hydro, worry about 5.7 - 5.9 when yer flowrin'
well im not sure because i know zinc, boron, manganese, and iron uptake in the 5.5 range or on that end of the spectrum, and curling can be zinc deficiency also along with ph but if i get the ph down and allow the uptake it will hopefully fix itself

What do you think about the one i FIMMED ?

I believe the majority of my issues might have been due to starting the MH, my humidity went down to 50% with a humidifier running, i went back to straight floros and cfl and the humidity is back to almost 60%, i would like it in the 65 range even 70. I am keeping the nutes between 5.5 and 6.2 at 600ppm till i nurse them back, couple leaves were getting crispy

I believe the majority of my issues might have been due to starting the MH, my humidity went down to 50% with a humidifier running, i went back to straight floros and cfl and the humidity is back to almost 60%, i would like it in the 65 range even 70. I am keeping the nutes between 5.5 and 6.2 at 600ppm till i nurse them back, couple leaves were getting crispy

If I was under an MH and you pulled me away and stuck me under CFLs, I'd think I was being punished.
Humidity isn't a deal killer, the plants generate all lot of it themselves. Try slowing down your exhaust if you can. I disagree with your higher humidity, maybe for clones.

Well the leaves were brittle and dry, so I figured the MH was to much for them at this point, and when i flipped it back to the cfl's and floros the leaves went back to not being brittle. So I am not 100% sure what the problem was the temp was fine in there, only thing that changed was humidity. but even before the humitidy dropped to 50 the leaves were reacting badly to something

This is going to be an eventful weekend, I am going to pick 4 clones to add to my tent, I am picking up a new controller unit to make a second setup for flowering here is a link to the ebb and flow controller unit i am buying. Then hopefully a month and a half ill be flipping all 6 to flower and starting 6 clones, and on my way to revolving crop

Latest posts

Back