Tent Growers Club....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ishnish said:
Sustainability Build Environment... lets build "green" tents that have little to no carbon footprint..? i need a few hits...

Theres plenty of green in my tents LOL... As far as carbon, its in the dirt, its in our bodies, its in our marijuana plants, its in the mites and fungus gnats that try to eat the plants, so Im not worried about it being in my foot prints. Lol I dont drive a Prius, I throw away my light bulbs because I can find a recycling center here that takes them, I only recycle to make more room in my dumpster.. I dont believe in global warming because there has been warm and cool periods throughout the history of the world. LOL

I guess I could spend $10,000 on solar pannels to try and save a world thats already dieing...

pcduck said:
I was just wondering....What would you change on your tent, if you were building it from scratch with what you know now?. Ex: stronger frame work, more duct opening,ect...

Well....Another exhaust port at the top would help me-oh yeah anybody got a line on 5" duct?
Big box store has 4" & 6"- no 5"?

:)
Gb

How many exhaust ports do you have now GB?

Pcduck,
It has three ports-one on top and two on side at the bottom.
I'd just like two exhausts because I have 2 fans.

Gb

Did you check furnace duct for the 5" GB or Hot Water . I have just seen it recently and now cannot remember

Pcduck,
I was looking at aluminum-like dryer vent-I think that I might be able to find wood stove duct in that size-It would be black and would blend in.
Thanks-If I don't find that, I will check out furnace or hot water vent duct.
:aok:
Gb

They sell insulated 5in at home depot, the duct is made of a plastic type material, you can take the insulation off the duct and use that..

MindzEye said:
They sell insulated 5in at home depot, the duct is made of a plastic type material, you can take the insulation off the duct and use that..

yep-pvc I think or cpvc for high effeciency chimney duct.
Okay-there's another option.
Thanks Mindzeye
:aok:

Gb

I have seen 5" at Lowes, and Home Depot, along with all the various bends and "t"s etc.

Hi hl can i join heres my tent home made lol... got the lining at homedepot it is the rollinsulation keeps everything nice and I pick a number can i have 617

tent.JPG

Hey guys... Ive yet to officially join the tent grows club but many of you know I do have several...

To this point ive only had 1 problem with 3 different kinds of tents... All were bought from different vendors... On both 2'x4' tents the top zipper broke on 1 side... ont lasted a week and the other popped off during setup.. And my 4'x4' from HTG the bottom zipper broke before i finished final setup...
So i bet you know what i dont like about them...

Just found this club and would like to join

I run a GrowLab GL120 (4x4) with a 1000k ATM + I have a HomeBox XS for my clones/moms

I used to have a GrowLab GL145 (5x5) also with a 1000k, but having it in my garage in N.CA. during the Summer was the biggest PITA especially when my garage is 120 degrees.

I will take some fresh pics and post 'em here

JustAnotherAntMarching said:
Hey guys... Ive yet to officially join the tent grows club but many of you know I do have several...

To this point ive only had 1 problem with 3 different kinds of tents... All were bought from different vendors... On both 2'x4' tents the top zipper broke on 1 side... ont lasted a week and the other popped off during setup.. And my 4'x4' from HTG the bottom zipper broke before i finished final setup...
So i bet you know what i dont like about them...

I believe in Velcro... and ridiculously overlapped layers of black plastic..

Qman said:
Just found this club and would like to join

I run a GrowLab GL120 (4x4) with a 1000k ATM + I have a HomeBox XS for my clones/moms

I used to have a GrowLab GL145 (5x5) also with a 1000k, but having it in my garage in N.CA. during the Summer was the biggest PITA especially when my garage is 120 degrees.

I will take some fresh pics and post 'em here

Q I got your PM....I am on the road right now working...will take care of it as soon as I get home to my pc....welcome...if u hve not already joined via the group membership button please do....peace

I have pretty much decided that I will be purchasing a tent to go inside my main grow room (thanks again OHC for opening my eyes to the idea :) ), but I have a few questions before I jump in the deep end here :eek: Hoping you tent pro's can help me out, hehe

The tent size I am looking at is 20"x36"x62"

First concern is that my tent is going to be the veg tent and inside a flower room, so I am worried of light leaks coming out of the tent. Is this a concern I need to worry about or will it be good to go?

Next is ventilation, In my shopping cart so far is a 4" 170 cfm inline fan. I will be using a 250W MH lamp. The fan should be turning the air over in the tent almost 7 times per minute. Will I need an air cooled hood to keep it cool enough with exchanging this much air? Temps in main grow are 74-75 day and 62-63 nights where the air is exchanging from.

Then my next concern is, what have I forgot about with setting this thing up? I have the lamp, the vent fan, a circ fan, odor control is in main room where air is vented to. Anything else I need or you all would recommend for me?

When the taxes come back I am diving in! Weeee! I'm excited, lol :D

Thanks much for any and all advice on this adventure, hoping to join your club very soon :)

Hi Warfish. I have a grow tent about the same size. I have not used MH in it, however i did run a huge 250 watt CFL in an adjust-a-wing hood and a 120 watt LED with only a 80 CFM fan for intake and an 80 CFM for exhaust. My temps alway stayed below 80'. I just got tax refund too. I ordered a 400 watt HPS/MH cool tube, and a 170 CFM 4" vortex fan to run in the tent. I would think that with your 170 cfm, and circular fan, you should be able to keep temps in check. Good luck.

warfish said:
I have pretty much decided that I will be purchasing a tent to go inside my main grow room (thanks again OHC for opening my eyes to the idea :) ), but I have a few questions before I jump in the deep end here :eek: Hoping you tent pro's can help me out, hehe

The tent size I am looking at is 20"x36"x62"

First concern is that my tent is going to be the veg tent and inside a flower room, so I am worried of light leaks coming out of the tent. Is this a concern I need to worry about or will it be good to go?

Next is ventilation, In my shopping cart so far is a 4" 170 cfm inline fan. I will be using a 250W MH lamp. The fan should be turning the air over in the tent almost 7 times per minute. Will I need an air cooled hood to keep it cool enough with exchanging this much air? Temps in main grow are 74-75 day and 62-63 nights where the air is exchanging from.

Then my next concern is, what have I forgot about with setting this thing up? I have the lamp, the vent fan, a circ fan, odor control is in main room where air is vented to. Anything else I need or you all would recommend for me?

When the taxes come back I am diving in! Weeee! I'm excited, lol :D

Thanks much for any and all advice on this adventure, hoping to join your club very soon :)

Hey warfish, I have the exact same size tent so let me try to answer your questions

Light leaks should not be a problem, depending on the quality of the tent you get. If its a poorly made tent, this may be a problem.

You shouldn't need a cooled hood for a 250 but I would consider getting a 400 w light at least, I have a 400 in mine right now with 5 plants and i really wish i had a 600 lol. Otherwise that fan should be good, and along with a carbon filter even better :)

And it doesnt really sound like your missing anything.. but that may chaange when you actually get it set up for the first time

Bonghits, Thank you for your answers :) Light leaks and the cooling where my biggest concerns. The tent is only going to be used for vegetative growth so I think the 250 will be ok in there for that. The flower room is under 1000w lamp. The tent I am looking at right now is a GrowBright brand tent from HTG supply.

warfish said:
Bonghits, Thank you for your answers :) Light leaks and the cooling where my biggest concerns. The tent is only going to be used for vegetative growth so I think the 250 will be ok in there for that. The flower room is under 1000w lamp. The tent I am looking at right now is a GrowBright brand tent from HTG supply.

Yep, that is the tent I have, AND I LOVE IT! The only negative is that after awhile the mylar on the inside begins to rip from continuously open and closing the tent. so just be aware

I got my 6'x6'x6' flower tent today..

I'm going to throw a 1000w air cooled hps in there with a 4" duct fan sucking the heat out from the hood

6 waterfarm buckets

6" inline fan for addtl exhaust

passive intake

I have to get some work done this weekend to the space, then I'll setup and take some pics

Latest posts

Back