Tent Growers Club....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Warfish,
Are you going to be venting exhaust into the flowering tent-or bypass it??

Just to catch up guys, I did find some 5 inch duct at mom & pop store. I'd rather fulfill their coin-coffers than the bigbox.
Gotta go back for more as I need a flange also.
Wish me luck.

pcduck said:
I was just wondering....What would you change on your tent, if you were building it from scratch with what you know now?. Ex: stronger frame work, more duct opening,ect...

I'd like to see flanges on the intake/exhaust ports. Possibly light metal or abs plastic. Would save time in sealing things up.
:)
Gb

Geezer, The veg tent is going to be sitting inside the flower room in the corner. All air will be vented out of the tent and into the main grow room, where it will then be scrubbed and exchanged. I went overkill on the main rooms carbon scrubber and exchange rate.

I was just wondering about flanges as well. I was assuming I could use the passive air intake at the bottom of the tent and then I will be exhausting out the top of the tent. Do I need a flange for the top exhaust?

My wonderful wife just gave me the go ahead to order all I need on monday morning, yay!!! :) I dont even have to wait for the taxes, lol.

warfish said:
I was just wondering about flanges as well. I was assuming I could use the passive air intake at the bottom of the tent and then I will be exhausting out the top of the tent. Do I need a flange for the top exhaust?

The reason I was wanting a flange was because I need to block light and I need to have some kind of grate so my pets won't mess with it.
My tent has the ports that have string closures.(like ditty bag cinches).They will hold a piece of duct, but I want mine tightened up better. I have the cross bars up top so I might not need flanges up there.
I'll look at your pics.
:aok:
Gb

Warfish,
Here's a pic of the top port on my tent-It's in the upper right. See the string gathers?
It has same setup on bottom.

attachment.php

Gb

Warfish, watch where your exhaust fan is if you'll be using an air cooled reflector you'll want to put a 90* bend at the end or something, light can come out the end of it.

Geezer....man the 8th wonder of the world is duct tape...lol
and I didn't mean on the pets

In my tent, I was going to pull air through the lights and a scrubber and then out....

light hood>inline fan>outside the tent...

where does the scrubber go in this chain?

This is my first "tenting" and the first time I've used a scrubber so I don't know whether to push or pull air through it...

CMD I have mine set up the way I have always seen them. starts at the scrubber in the room, running through my hood, and sucking the air out the other side. It's better to pull than push. That came up a couple weeks ago, and I looked in 3 different sources, all 3 said to pull.

legalize_freedom said:
CMD I have mine set up the way I have always seen them. starts at the scrubber in the room, running through my hood, and sucking the air out the other side. It's better to pull than push. That came up a couple weeks ago, and I looked in 3 different sources, all 3 said to pull.

This is true! Negative pressure is your friend :)

legalize_freedom said:

so it goes scrubber>hood>fan>exhaust? ...all pulling from inside to outside...

cmd420 said:
so it goes scrubber>hood>fan>exhaust? ...all pulling from inside to outside...

Thats how I do it, and how most of the set-ups I have seen do it. say your standing at the door of my grow. up high on the left wall is my scrubber, ducting running from that to the left side of my hood. From the right side of my hood I have ducting running to the fan which is mounted in the upper right side of my grow shack, so it's sucking through the filter, and light, and blowing out the right side of the box. I'd take a pic...lol...but it's such a pain for me still.

I've seen some that the reflector, and scrubber are vented seperately, but that requires 2 fans.

O.K.,I blew it. I got a 76"X76" tent from Ebay and man I wish I knew of this site sooner. When I got it, it was not Mylar lined but White inside, not what I ordered. The poles and over head would not hold up to a sneeze and on and on.:hairpull:
My question is what do you guys think is the best tent for growing?

I will use the one I have for now as a vegge room probably with my 600W light.

I would like to get another smaller one as my flower room with a 400W light. So I am looking for something I don't have to do any DIY to make it work.

legalize_freedom said:
Thats how I do it, and how most of the set-ups I have seen do it. say your standing at the door of my grow. up high on the left wall is my scrubber, ducting running from that to the left side of my hood. From the right side of my hood I have ducting running to the fan which is mounted in the upper right side of my grow shack, so it's sucking through the filter, and light, and blowing out the right side of the box. I'd take a pic...lol...but it's such a pain for me still.

I've seen some that the reflector, and scrubber are vented seperately, but that requires 2 fans.

that's what I thought...thx LF

I WANNA JOIN!!

I made my own room using 1.5'' x 1.5'' wood. The inside room diameter is about 10x5x10. The inside is layered with mylar using Velcro as the door (worked quite well if over lapped enough)

I have a 100 can carbon scrubber, 1000 watt hortilux blue and 747 cfm fan using 8'' flexible duct. At the opposite side of the scrubber I put three 8'' flex pipe holes for the passive intake. I hung the hood using a chain and used straps for the fan.

It worked very well for my first grow, too bad the weed tasted horrible from a bunch of stupid little mistakes.

Yeah it looks dirty, I'm waiting for the next grow before a thorough clean.

003 resize.jpg

004 resize.jpg

006 resize.jpg

007 resize.jpg

legalize_freedom said:
Geezer....man the 8th wonder of the world is duct tape...lol
and I didn't mean on the pets

Legalize,
I went crazy with the Kentucky chrome on my other cabinet trying to close up light leaks-It was a nightmare that I do not want to remind myself of. I can put the flange on and secure it to the duct with poprivets.
But thanks for the suggestion.:)
When I grab the roll and stretch off a quick piece, it gets the pets attention-lol
Gb

PeterPotatoes said:
I WANNA JOIN!!

Click on the "User CP" link at the top of the page-
Drill down left side and click on "Group Memberships"
Click on the "join group" button.
Hamster will get back with ya.
Thats quite a room!

Gb

GeezerBudd said:
Click on the "User CP" link at the top of the page-
Drill down left side and click on "Group Memberships"
Click on the "join group" button.
Hamster will get back with ya.
Thats quite a room!

Gb

Thank ya ;)

GeezerBudd said:
Legalize,
I went crazy with the Kentucky chrome on my other cabinet trying to close up light leaks-It was a nightmare that I do not want to remind myself of. I can put the flange on and secure it to the duct with poprivets.
But thanks for the suggestion.:)
When I grab the roll and stretch off a quick piece, it gets the pets attention-lol
Gb

Is duct tape "ketucky chrome"? Too funny GB

Welcome to PeterPotatoes, T-rex, and growman05....

Welcome to the TGC. Be sure to post what membership number you want or pm me....

Latest posts

Back