Tent Growers Club....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fruity I have mine pulling, where did you hear it was better to push it? I've never heard this. Not trying to cause a debate, if my set-up is wrong I want to change it. I set mine up the way I saw it done with tents in the hydro shop displays. Mine goes filter, reflector, fan.

i also heard that pulling air out of a reflector is the way to go. heard this at the hydro shop so im not 100% sure either. ill probably just got filter to fan (both inside tent) and push the air out of the tent.

Air is better to be pulled out.. I work in glass office buildings they have a lot of heat to remove, HVAC and heat is always pulled out of the room and fresh cool air is pushed in. I had my carbon filter in my attic for a long time and pushing air through it, the inside is harder to clean and there isnt a pre filter in there so your carbon doesnt last as long. I now have mine in my tent pulling air through it, then my light, then my fan set up pulling air out. Pulling out air can also make negative pressure in your tent, this is the best for odor control because all of the air leaving your tent is filtered..

MindzEye said:
Air is better to be pulled out.. I work in glass office buildings they have a lot of heat to remove, HVAC and heat is always pulled out of the room and fresh cool air is pushed in. I had my carbon filter in my attic for a long time and pushing air through it, the inside is harder to clean and there isnt a pre filter in there so your carbon doesnt last as long. I now have mine in my tent pulling air through it, then my light, then my fan set up pulling air out. Pulling out air can also make negative pressure in your tent, this is the best for odor control because all of the air leaving your tent is filtered..

might have to try that... though i havent had a problem the way im runnin it.. maybe thats becaus i have possitive air flow as well?? but i dont find the filter hard to clean i do notice the kitty litter is brown as bark..
hmmm have to see if i have room for my filter which i dont think i do.. ..
well oh well if it aint broke why fix it hehehe..
LH

MikeOrganix said:
need 15 posts to post links

Don't need links...just upload your pics to this thread via the manage attachments button...

Whew! Well I hope you know I DO care! :) I had to post like 8 posts before I can post links. So here ya are! Cheap carbon.

Silica/clay kitty litter is very harmful in the way it is made using strip mining. Here is an article about it.
http://www.greenlivingtips.com/articles/50/1/Cat-litter-and-strip-mining.html
Sorry not trying to say this to be harsh on you, but it is a huge industry and very harmful to the earth.

you can get 10lb for ~$30 which should be enough for a couple refills depending on how think your layer or carbon is.

http://cgi.ebay.com/10-lb-BEST-qual...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item439c263bb3

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/10-lb-BEST-qual...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item439c263bb3

I wasn't trying to post pics, I was trying to link to URL's. :)

What would you like me to post? I used to post for years on OverGrow, but haven't posted at all since then. Have been laying low. But I got the donkey dics to back it up! :)

Thanx Mindzeye...I thought it was better to pull, but fruity had me wondering if maybe I missed something somewhere.

MikeOrganix...PLEASE READ THE RULES! posting live Links to outside sites is not allowed...please remove it so our MODS don't have to, they are busy enough without haveing to clean up other peoples messes. you can change it to hxxp or something.

Really man the rule list is short, I've noticed you have spent some time posting, so please take a little bit of time to check out the rules, it will make your stay here a little more pleasant, and keep it easier on us from haveing to tell you what you can and cannot do...thanks

hello tent growers... i dig ya style

i'm in a dirty little corner under some stairs right now and am definitely looking to get a tent for next time. they look so nice and tidy.

i have a 400w right now, but i'm looking to buy a 600w and get into a 3x3x6 tent.
i found a HydroHut Mini on ebay for $140 to my door, and am basically looking for some feedback on this tent. it's 39x39x78, which is perfect. i looked them up and they go for 200-300 on hydro sites. i'm thinkin 4 plants in this size tent under 600w will do me good... my plants have no elbow room right now.

anyone familiar with any of the HydroHuts?

MikeOrganix said:
Whew! Well I hope you know I DO care! :) I had to post like 8 posts before I can post links. So here ya are! Cheap carbon.

Silica/clay kitty litter is very harmful in the way it is made using strip mining. Here is an article about it.
http://www.greenlivingtips.com/articles/50/1/Cat-litter-and-strip-mining.html
Sorry not trying to say this to be harsh on you, but it is a huge industry and very harmful to the earth.

you can get 10lb for ~$30 which should be enough for a couple refills depending on how think your layer or carbon is.

or

First off welcome to the site! Second you cant post direct links... If you dont think coal mines are harmful to the world then I think you should visit one LOL.. Where do you think the carbon comes from? Also I dont care about mining, or people who spread global warming propaganda or people who hug trees...

The carbon you posted is $20 + $14 for shipping, at 10 lbs that would fill me up once.. I can fill my filter for $8... You wouldnt be the first to attempt to have this discussion with me... Silica is cheaper no matter how you slice it... If you can find me 10 lbs of carbon for $8 shipped, I will convert and help save our mother....

chuckdee123 said:
hello tent growers... i dig ya style

i'm in a dirty little corner under some stairs right now and am definitely looking to get a tent for next time. they look so nice and tidy.

i have a 400w right now, but i'm looking to buy a 600w and get into a 3x3x6 tent.
i found a HydroHut Mini on ebay for $140 to my door, and am basically looking for some feedback on this tent. it's 39x39x78, which is perfect. i looked them up and they go for 200-300 on hydro sites. i'm thinkin 4 plants in this size tent under 600w will do me good... my plants have no elbow room right now.

anyone familiar with any of the HydroHuts?

nice tents.. theres a deal goin on at amazon... there was a couple tents there lant night for 100 and less.. one you mentioned for 83$..
your 400w will still do your area... i would keep the 400w.. your not growing a huge garden and monter trees?? so save the power and your money and stick with the 400w.. IMO it would cost you less to grow the same amount with a 400W then a 600W in the same space..
i was gonna upgrade from my 400-a 600w and decided well for what an xtra oz or 2 per crop??? for 200W more power.. heating will be a lil higher.. so i said screw it..:D
nice tents thought.. glad to see your thinking of converting..
LH

legalize_freedom said:
fruity I have mine pulling, where did you hear it was better to push it? I've never heard this. Not trying to cause a debate, if my set-up is wrong I want to change it. I set mine up the way I saw it done with tents in the hydro shop displays. Mine goes filter, reflector, fan.

hey LF can u post a pic of your fan filter set up i must have mine wrong the reason i have mine that way is if i have it at the end of the duct pulling it doesnt seem to cool as much a friend told me the heat could be makeing the fan stick and not spin on full power thanks friuty :)

Fruity I wish I could...my girlfriend bought this new camera a couple of weeks ago, only to find out that our computer is too old, and isn't compatible with the camera. We have to get a special disc or something now to get pics. I'm mad about it...cause I've been wanting to post pics of my grow thats almost done! I'm going to see about haveing my daughter help me get some pics up this weekend, from her computer...I will try to remember to get a pic of my ventilation system to....If it's not one thing it's another!

fruity86 said:
hey LF can u post a pic of your fan filter set up i must have mine wrong the reason i have mine that way is if i have it at the end of the duct pulling it doesnt seem to cool as much a friend told me the heat could be makeing the fan stick and not spin on full power thanks friuty :)

Here is mine for reference :)

tent4.jpg

Bonghits4jesus said:
Here is mine for reference :)
thanks would you put the air cooled hood inbetween the fan and filter so the fan is pulling heat thats how i had mine and the temp dont go as low as it would when i push through the cool tube

legalize_freedom said:
Fruity I wish I could...my girlfriend bought this new camera a couple of weeks ago, only to find out that our computer is too old, and isn't compatible with the camera. We have to get a special disc or something now to get pics. I'm mad about it...cause I've been wanting to post pics of my grow thats almost done! I'm going to see about haveing my daughter help me get some pics up this weekend, from her computer...I will try to remember to get a pic of my ventilation system to....If it's not one thing it's another!
no worries :)

LEFTHAND said:
nice tents.. theres a deal goin on at amazon... there was a couple tents there lant night for 100 and less.. one you mentioned for 83$..
your 400w will still do your area... i would keep the 400w.. your not growing a huge garden and monter trees?? so save the power and your money and stick with the 400w.. IMO it would cost you less to grow the same amount with a 400W then a 600W in the same space..
i was gonna upgrade from my 400-a 600w and decided well for what an xtra oz or 2 per crop??? for 200W more power.. heating will be a lil higher.. so i said screw it..:D
nice tents thought.. glad to see your thinking of converting..
LH

right on dude, thanks for the response. i was originally looking at the cheap amazon grow tents. are they solid? i was thinking "you get what you pay for" and started looking for others.

and the only reason i was looking to upgrade to a 600 is because my current grow is 400w over a 2x3 area, and things were getting crowded as they grew, so i suggested (in my grow journal) adjusting it by bringing it out another foot, to make it 3x3.
anyways, more experienced growers told me that although 400w is enough light for a 3x3 space, it wont be later in the grow. they said that when the plants start to get taller, maybe 3 to 4 feet, the 400w will not have the light penetration necessary to give the plants what they need.

any thoughts on this?

take it easy,
chuck

Chuck that is correct info on the 400, I grew with a 400w for 3 indoor grows, and went ahead and bought a 600w for the same reason. I put mine in a 4'x4' space though, and once I started flowering realized that even the 600w was not giving me the light footprint that I wanted. You'll be good in a 3'x3' area though. I ended up putting my 400w right next to the 600w so I have more lumens and the footprint now covers my whole canopy. LST will help you to get the penetration to the bottom of your plants to.

I built my own "tent" out of plywood, so I don't know much about the quality of the materials, but I wouold assume as with most things on the internet, you get what you pay for...good luck!

Dear members of The Tent Growers Club,
I noticed there was not alot of activity for the last few hours, so I've decided to leave a short note to you all.

The Tent Growers Club has turned out to be a very valuable information trading source. This is exactly what I had envisioned and I thank All members for their participation. :) :watchplant: :)

Fruity86, MindzEye, pcduck, LEFTHAND, North Fork Hermit, The New Girl, cmd420, Bonghits4Jesus, swampbud, wally150, Trafic, NewGrowGuy and chef.
And if I have missed anyone, You know who you are-lol :joint:

I have been quite busy with Area 19's fabulous 8 degree weather-keeping everything going and :angrywife: my seasonal depression, but, when I have the time, I have been stopping in and reading the posts and I am greatly impressed with the informational value that they apparently possess.
And last but not definitely the least, Hammy, You make a fine president. :aok:

So with out further adoo,
I will surf about and say:

Post on and vent those tents!!!!

Oh yeah-Hammy-Can I have #409?
The Famous Phantom-lol

:)
Gb

Latest posts

Back