Dmans 2 plant LED Scrog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like that LED light is treating you well. Lookin healthy.

Jumping in here. I have one of those TOP led and an Advanced Led both 300 watt. currently running a side by side grow which I'll post when its further along. Your plants look good. How long you planning to veg before flip? ScroG is the way to go with LED's. keep an even canopy and trim off the lower growth. That light could cover a 2 x 4 space if you want to expand next round. Just sayin.

Yeah you definitely want to Flip them earlier with the LED Lights. That has been one of the harder parts to learn....only thing harder was getting used to doing some heavy defoliation when in Veg.

Hampster I'm curious about both of these statements. Why flip LEDs earlier and why defoliate in veg? I assume you mean defoliating the lower leaves?

Hampster I'm curious about both of these statements. Why flip LEDs earlier and why defoliate in veg? I assume you mean defoliating the lower leaves?

Check out PJ's thread on tips and tricks for LED Growing. I believe he explains it.

Nice job splitting her open. Now the light can shine down on her fun parts.:)

Jumping in here. I have one of those TOP led and an Advanced Led both 300 watt. currently running a side by side grow which I'll post when its further along. Your plants look good. How long you planning to veg before flip? ScroG is the way to go with LED's. keep an even canopy and trim off the lower growth. That light could cover a 2 x 4 space if you want to expand next round. Just sayin.

Thanks, I will probably flip to flower after a few more inchs of growth and then let the stretch fill the screen.

looking good! I hope you have it right because to me it looks like you can switch 12/12 straight away and still outgrow that screen but that's all i can get from a pic. you must have figured your light/area/plant-size better than me. i'm waiting to see these beauties flowering it won't be long before i get my hands on one of these LED growlights, still looking at the nice results coming from these LED grows that i am seeing recently. One more thing, thought maybe helpful, the green is a bit on the darker side, you may want to lower the N ratio just now as you go into flowering. Watching this show closely :D good luck Dman

Thanks TOA.
Zem, everything you said is bang on, this is my first SCROG and first LED grow with strains im not familar with so I have no idea what im doing, im out of my element. :)
I have been told by a few that i need to feed less with LED, i guess im still try to get that down, and i also have been on the fence about when to flip and I may need to reconsider. Thanks for stopping bye.

Flip earlier then later. You will need maybe half the food, but your a good grower, you know when your plants are hungry. I am learning with you.

You know you'll need to raise the screen as they stretch right?

Thanks Rose. I have always been a heavy feeder and I need to change that.

Chazmaine, you dont move the screen, the plant grows horizontally across the screen.

Thanks Rose. I have always been a heavy feeder and I need to change that.
strange how each grower is inclined to feed heavy or feed light, and how hard it is to change that habit lol I am a heavy feeder too, but my habit has been reinforced by growing tomatoes which really, suck up whatever is given to them. this go i was more careful, my ppm is close to 900-1000 now

I have always been a believer that if my leaf tips werent a little burnt i wasnt feeding enough and i still am but with hid lighting only, LED has a few things I need to adjust to, but this is only my first LED grow so I will get it figured out. Thanks

Im very interested in seeing them fill up that screen...those leds are making some nice little plants...good job!

I have always been a believer that if my leaf tips werent a little burnt i wasnt feeding enough and i still am but with hid lighting only, LED has a few things I need to adjust to, but this is only my first LED grow so I will get it figured out. Thanks
Because your spectrum is much improved and helps to feed the plant, you do want to back your food off. Force feeding it a PPM that is too high will in a way force the plant to finish sooner than it should not allowing it to put on much yield.

I always say it is a lot easier to starve the plants a little as a little added food and they are right back to green. On the flip side, if you feed too much and burn the plant in any way you can not just reduce the food and have the leaves bounce back as they are fried and will not repair.

Just some food for thought, I am sure you will get it as you go.
;)

Keep on truckin`

Thanks PJ and Lesso,

PJ quick question, I think I understand why we need to defoliate, question is with me doing SCROG and having a even canopy do i still need to defoliate? As in remove fan leaves.

View attachment 001.JPG

Latest posts

Back