Alien Head Grow Outdoor 2016

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcbud

Reaction score
Alien OG and Headband 818 started and doing well under T5's. Thus starts the new 2016 outdoor season. We are a California medical MJ grow. We grow in 45 gallon Smart Pots, usually using 50/50 old soil and new. For nutrients we will be using only the Fox Farm line of products. We have mixed it up with different products in the past and Fox Farms is where we landed. We grow in a fenced area, to keep the critters away from the plants. and to comply to our counties plant/area restrictions.

Soaked the seeds overnight, placed in jiffy pellets they sprouted in three to five days. Ten is the magic number this year. We ran 12 last year, this year we are trying for larger plants in the same area. Eight AlienOG and two Headband 818 (both Cali Connection gear) are the numbers. Started twelve and lost one of each due to seed husks to hard to pop open and fingers too big to help along. Very happy with ten girls.

I will try to give weekly updates with pictures, keeping the journal current. I invite questions/comments from new growers always. I also invite all my friends to pull up a spot and get ready for the summer! Dang I love growing this stuff.

Hello to the moderators and all you Passionate Growers!

View attachment image.jpg

dang, that alien must be some nice stuff.. you usually have a smorgasbord of buds. don't think i recall you growing so many of 1 strain before.
best of luck for a great season TC
:)

Thanks you two. Nice to be back.

Yes Kaotik, the Alien is pretty special. The county keeps making the amount we can grow smaller. And we are doing the oil thing for me. We get a good steady amount and potency on the Alien OG. Last year four plants yielded three phenos. I think there was a problem at the seed bank, as the Attitude sent replacements for all we bought. Also had some freebies last year we started due to poor germination. They replaced the Headband that did not germ at all. That is some strong stuff according to the advertisement at attitude. We also are not doing clones like we used to. We are getting bigger plants with seeds. Same price too and no bug problems to deal with. I like that part real well. (By that I mean the bugs from the clones we got from time to time.)

Today we get nutes and potting mix. Gosh I love this time of year. Everything is so green. Loved the rain this last winter too. We got enough to grow and I am happy.

Good Morning Rose. Great pic. Gonna have to look around and find out what you got going now. Some indoor?

It's official, Spring has sprung, tc is back with her beautiful garden.

Be here watching and drooling. :)

Do you do bho with you ladies? I'm growing 22 from Cali connection indoors with a KIND LED.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

These girls will be heading outside jarrid42 for a summer of California sunshine. Not sure what bho is. It is gonna be a great year for a garden.

We repotted the girls 1 month two Days from the time we soaked the seeds. Root systems all looked good, even the smallest. Rubber bands on the 818 Headband plants. As you can see, there is a fan running. That will disapate the heat and shake those girls into stronger stalks. If the light is on, the fan is on.

Good to see you pcduck.

TC, i planted 30 some seeds last week, over half are up... love new beginnings.

Oh, I have got to get some seeds going! Rosebud, 30 seeds! Wow.

Tcbud, the Alien OG sounds great. Looking forward to following your grow.

Welcome THG, hope all is well with you. Last I heard you were moving. How did that pan out? Good to see you are still here.

Rose, omg, thirty seeds! Any designated for outdoors?

Actually i'm so excited to see your babies Rosebud!

yes, they are all going outdoors. Have to try very hard to keep up with my mentors. TCBud and THG. With out tcbud, i wouldn't know about that white netting, the dry rack, etc etc.. I will save you some thg.

Way to go Rose! I look forward to watching the season in your yard.

Weekly Update

We have had 20 degree higher than normal days this month and a wind storm to write home about along with a dusting of snow on the peaks. What is next? More beautiful weather, that's what.

The girls are doing good. I don't know why but I can only load one picture. The only differences at this point is a little size. One seems to be growing faster than the others and one slower. The rest are just right.

Have a good weekend all.

Thanks guys.

The pots are now full and in place. We run 50% old soil, 50% new soil. The garden is clean and ready to go. While screening out the roots we found some of the best roo development I have ever seen here. Roots through out the pot, got sized roots and feeder roots thick as can be.

Overnight temps have to consistently stay above 46f degrees before they go out. Below 46f MJ stops growing as an FYI to new growers following here.

Latest posts

Back