defoliation link- impressive results

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck. I don't buy into it though

Interesting read. I think there is some merit to that technique, but I also think its going to be strain dependent on the results. Like any method for growing, maintaining an optimized environment and happy plants is key. If they aren't happy plants then no unique method will make them advance. JMHO :)

Ironically enough, I just defoliated one of my Pineapple Chunk twins last night. I'm going to leave the other one fully foliated and see which does better in a side by side grow.

Very interesting. Would like to see a side by side on this done.

This was big a few years back over at breedbay.
I was not impressed nor were the growers that tried it.

Im gonna shave one of my hairy legs and not the other and see what happens :rofl:

I always take everything on this site with a (huge) grain of salt. I think this is the guy that says he got a 6 oz plant from CFLs the first time he ever grew....

That would be total crap ....CFLS...LOL

I always take everything on this site with a (huge) grain of salt. I think this is the guy that says he got a 6 oz plant from CFLs the first time he ever grew....

i want that magic

remember folks...the internet dont lie......people do

just sayN

if not for the pics, i would not give it any thought. my best gals most always seem to have the largest fan leaves... i just trimmed off many fans and mid size which sure did send alota light thru the canapy. will see how they look a week from now. fingers crossed. dont see it doing much harm.. almost 5 weeks into 12/12. about halfway flower point... got just one LSD that looks amazing. wish i had a couple clones from her. she maybe my best indoor plant ever, bud quantity wise.

I have done it a couple times in my grows when the opportunity worked out for me to do it. I think the biggest advantage it has is that it seems to increase tertiary branch growth, which if you are doing or planning to do scrog, having more nodes with more advanced branching increases bud-sites.

However, I think this can be detrimental for some plant strains. I think there is a tipping point where too many bud sites leads to smaller buds on each site. I think getting the right amount of branching and growth while getting "bulkier" buds is a delicate balance that we have to achieve.

I know i am old fashioned, but leaves feed the plant.

HP, i hear you on too many bud sites that are small. I did that once with master kush.. it was stupid how little those buds were. I topped it too much. Plus i didn't like the smoke...

Hey guys,,if its on the net it must be true. Yall need to stop lying.:rofl:

agreed side by side would tell alot.. duck, i would love to hear from guys at breedbay that tried this. will feel a little more informed in a week or two. u should also pup. the pics sure are impressive. would like to be able to train girls to be so full. dont think its possible running 2 tents without full time maintenance, work..

I would also like to see a side by side done.
I know tomatoes grow very well with few leaves when they have fruited. Yeah,,,i know weed aint tomatoes. Ummmm,,,weed tomatoes, ,,yummy. Yehaaaaaaaaaaaa

agreed side by side would tell alot.. duck, i would love to hear from guys at breedbay that tried this. will feel a little more informed in a week or two. u should also pup. the pics sure are impressive. would like to be able to train girls to be so full. dont think its possible running 2 tents without full time maintenance, work..

http://www.breedbay.co.uk/forums/ge...your-plants-continually-throughout-bloom.html

This read is from Real growers of the subject. You are like I was and have to do things to see for self

:48:

tcabs

I will be setting my girls in flower in a couple days, so when they are ready I will take another pic of them so we can see if there is any difference. :)

i will NOT be trimming fan leaves again. i did notice alot more light thru the canapy. also lots of new small bud sites but the primary buds slowed bulk up. i was, am disappointed with this idea.

never cut a plant's solar panels. whoever gave you that advice must never give any advice. glad you got the right lesson out of it and thanks for sharing. mgfcom thread comes to mind

Latest posts

Back