Could this plant be nitrogen deficient?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redpassion

Reaction score
8 days ago I transplanted this plant into a large 25cm pot. the soil I used was BIOBIZZ COMPLETE MIX and following the instructions, i dampened the soil and left it for 36 hours. However, after 8 days the soil is still damp as it was 8 days ago.As can be seen from the photograph, there appears to be blister like growths and discolouring on the top leaves. Referring to Jorge Cervantes excellent new book The Cannabis Encyclopedia, the nearest illustration that i can come up wit
View attachment DSC_2050 copy.jpg

View attachment DSC_2050 copy.jpg 2.jpg

View attachment DSC_2053.jpg

View attachment DSC_2052 copy.jpg

View attachment DSC_2051.jpgh is nitrogen deficiency, Can a member help?

please look under the leaves, do you see anything?

those white pimples look like bugs eating your plant.

As kraven said, look under the leaves...looks like bugs

I don't think it's bugs......... to much symmetry with the problem.......I think your soil is to wet......... can we get a picture of your soil? also plant looks stretchy....... what kind of light are you using?

The plants are growing on a protected balcony with 90 square feet of glass, air enters via sliding glass doors. There are no signs of bugs beneath the leaves. Yes the soil is too damp! There are adequate holes on the underpart of the vase, some I made myself to increase drainage. There is a small quantity of expanded clay balls in the soil. The soil is definitely far too wet (I prefer the description of DAMP) rather than wet as there is no sign of water leakage in the vase saucer. I have just finished exposing the plant to UV light as a precaution against any possible pests. Sticky traps do not show signs of flying insects etc. The problem with the extremely damp soil is that I risk loosing the plant if I try transplanting it into a different pot and soil. I will now take a photograph of the soil with a meter reading. The ph is also rather high but since the soil is so damp I cannot add any other liquids to lower the Ph. I will now go an take a photograph or two.

I am having difficulties uploading my photographs. Maybe I will have to start a new thread if I can work out how I did the last. Hopefully photographs will be forthcoming in a few minutes

I think you have thrip. Get an eye loupe and take a look for tiny white bugs. TINY.

I think you have thrip. Get an eye loupe and take a look for tiny white bugs. TINY.

I agree it may be over-watering may be an issue as well....I think the original issue and reason for the post is this

Daily I check foliage, stems and soil surface. I use a 420 100x hand microscope and 2 jewellers loops i) 30x and ii) 20x. So fare there are no signs of the little white fellas, yesterday however, I noticed a tiny multi-legged fast moving insect, too fast to make an accurate ID. The nearest thing to it could be a Mealy bug but the colour is wrong. I searched high and low for this fella but he just wasn't to be found; no where beneath the leaves, on the stem. It would be impossible to see it on the top soil. I will give a daily exposure to UV light. Even if it doesn't die it's DNA should be totally disrupted or worse.

Hi Kraven, Please forgive my late reply. I have looked underneath the leaves and there are no signs of bugs of any sort. My problem cannot be over watering because I only use 5 litres daily to water 10 plants. That is half a litre daily per plant growing in 11 litre vases. That works out at about 1 pint of water daily. Please see my latest thread entitled "PESTS OR NUTRITION ".

these guys know much more than i but those pots are pretty big for that sized plant. the roots are small as well. meaning they need little water. this is the time i over water myself. also your stalks look very weak. too skinny. they need light and wind. jmo..

More arreation, but even bigger.... you need a real ph meter. That thing is junk.

PH drops are cheap and what I use and its accurate.
e3d673279ace1c938f97218f79679bce.jpg

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back