reptile lights and flower r.h.??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grass hopper

Reaction score
i read last week that growers in the know are now using uv black lights or reptile lights the last (2) weeks of flower. said good for contests or seed manuf. for gaining an extra 5%thc... that's not much and i don't really care about that but went on to say that 15% r.h. was ideal for flowering plants.(not in veg).. my basement is usually around 50% and works well for my growing. i checked my dehumidifier range and it only goes down to 35% r.h.. anyone have first hand experience with that?? thanks!

ok so the plants temp and rH work together for vpd. My dehum has 1 last setting CO constantly on. I am able to side step vpd by forcing the stoma open with low frequency sound waves. I am always before 40% and keep it in the 25% during flowering. I avoid issues with pm this way. But I water my plants more often.

the reason for the uv is the PAR in the 400nm to 700nm range. I am able to do this with double ended hps setup.

I stay around 30% Rh with a running temp of 83F @1200ppm CO2. That is my sweet spot. The farther I stray from there the more it affects my yields.

i read last week that growers in the know are now using uv black lights or reptile lights the last (2) weeks of flower. said good for contests or seed manuf. for gaining an extra 5%thc... that's not much and i don't really care about that but went on to say that 15% r.h. was ideal for flowering plants.(not in veg).. my basement is usually around 50% and works well for my growing. i checked my dehumidifier range and it only goes down to 35% r.h.. anyone have first hand experience with that?? thanks!

RED ALERT! those lizard lamps are nasty on the eyes!
I bought one once and caught myself forgetting it was there, I threw it out.

RED ALERT! those lizard lamps are nasty on the eyes!
I bought one once and caught myself forgetting it was there, I threw it out.

yea, they said that also. said max exposure on skin was 30 minutes or something like that. nasty..

Latest posts

Back