Another Newbie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

'Fro man

I am on my 2cnd grow.:) The first was just OK. I had some "indoor Mix" from Sensi and planted 4. One was a male. The other 3 came out OK, just OK.
I am growing in a 5' x 4' closet that I am actually (now) using a 2' x 3' area with 6 plants in soil in 3 gal containers. I have a 400 w HPS and a 3' florescent strip on the back and a 2' strip on each of 2 sides. This batch is feminized Skunk # 11 and they are almost ready to flower.:hubba:
I use Age Old Grow Floralicious Grow (General Hydroponics) 1-0.7-0.6 during the veg state and Age Old Bloom and Kool Bloom Bulkimg & Ripining Formula 0-10-10 for the first half of flowering (12/12) and thenAge Old Bloom and Kool Bloom Riping Formula 2-45-28 for the 2cnd half.
I have been using 24/0 for veg state and 12/12 for flowering. I have no CO2, but do give the plants dry ice in water (creates CO2) once a week. I have a small fan in the closet and no vent.
Please feel free to any comments, as I am new to this and will gladly liisten to anyone who has any ideas on making a better grow.
This site is way cool! Here are some pics of my Skunk # 11. Almost ready to flower
Thanks,
'Fro

HPIM0448 [800x600].JPG

HPIM0447 [800x600].JPG

Everything looks great mang. :aok: Here's some GREEN MOJO for them ladies. ;)

:afroweed:
Appreciate the support!!! I finally have found my "safe haeven" for bouncing ?'s and just talking about my new hobby.:hubba:
I am going to show you some pics of my first grow. They look great!! They were "Indoor MIx" by Sensi. I had 4 plants. 1 ws a male. The other three looked great all the way, but they were just OK. I mean they were not real strong in smell or in taste. Were not covered with (saturated) with Thichs and just tasted so so. They get u real high, but something was missing. It isn't KB like I was hoping. I do not know if it was the seeds, or if I did something wrong in the grow. Anyway, have a great day!

'Fro

HPIM0379.JPG

HPIM0389.JPG

HPIM0394.JPG

HPIM0400.JPG

HPIM0402.JPG

HPIM0403.JPG

The ladies are looking good man. Hell even your first looked good. Gl with future grows man. You seem to be doing fine.

And if you wouldn't mind man. Could you explain how you do the dry ice thing a little more?

Hey there 'Fro man,
Welcome to the site friend. Your grow kinda speaks for itself, it says that you do have a bit of a green thumb and your off to a real nice start. Glad that you have joined us, and we will burn one in your honor dude.
:48:
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

I'd say you don't need any advise And yOu already know what yOu are doing!

I'D BET YOU DID A LOT OF READING AND RESEARCH TOO!

:) :)
Hyperbrandon, and all else, Thanks again. This is sooo cool!!
My friend suggested that I buy 2 to 3 lbs of dry ice every week and just put it in a tub of water close to your plants and you will see it start bubbling and "smoking". Shut the door for an hour or two and keep your fan and vents off and let the CO2 saturate the grow room.:ignore:
I have no proof that this works, other than to say I know that dry ice does produce CO2 and my buddy used it and his one grow was great!!!
Dry ice is only about a $1.00 alb., so it's cheap to do.:hubba:

'Fro

What do you all feel about trimming leaves. I have not trimmed anything on this batch yet. Idid quiste a bit on the 1rst grow, but a friend says don't trim if I don't have to. I really would like to hear something on thiis. Once again my plants are about 9 weeks old and have not gone to 12/12 yet.
Muchas Grass
'Fro:hairpull:

You should never have to trim leaves during veg. The more leaves the plant has, the more energy it will produce to grow even bigger. Arguably, the only time you should trim fan leaves would be during flowering if they are covering bud sites.

Looks great, if I had to throw out some advice I would say; From the looks of the patterns on the top of the soil you are feeding them a pre determined amount of water. I think the consensus is going to be you need to be completely watering through the pot. You should have run off, and in pots that size I would aim for 3-4 good cups of water. Im high and I could just be seeing things, they look great thanks for sharing.

Tie em down, spread the branches to maximize light getting to the plant. You want to completely fill your grow area (as light allows). Horizontal grows generally can yield more than vertical grows. If you spread them during veg, then switch to 12/12, you can get a solid forest.

:D Some more great adviece. I finally got my 30x handheld microscope today. I'll know what i
I am looking for now!:p I have bean using a 400 w HPS the whole time for my # 1 grow. My unit can take both HPS & Metal Halide. Shoud I be using diff lights and if so what kind and when?
Thanks,
'Fro

MH 4 veg, HPS 4 fruit. Both lights will work for both, however the ideal is as I stated. More blue light during veg and more red during flower. Good luck!

That is what I my friend here told me, but wasn't sure.Does it make a lot of difference to change lights? My same buddy gave me about 6 Metal Halide (400 watt) that he hasn't used for 9 years!!!
Does swapping them out make a good difference?
Should I mess with these very old MH's "
Thanks again,
"fro man

id say you have a good bud givin you 6 halides. turn that light into sweet green!

Latest posts

Back