Plant supports

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan789

Reaction score
Good morning all, I've got a problem that I never had before, I'm looking for the methods that I may be overlooking regarding supporting my buds. I've got a bag of the yellow yoyo style hangars, and some bamboo stakes plus the usual green wrapped wire, what are you using? Thanks in advance.:vap-leafy_wave:

I use fiberglass Stakes.
attachment.php

They are very flexible. :D
attachment.php

And Pipe Cleaners.
attachment.php

I cut some of the stakes in half and leave other full size. Been doing this for years now. Works well.

View attachment 713i4XWF6qL._AC_UL320_SR160,320_.jpg

View attachment modelstake1.jpg

View attachment 37f9615750b2ea98baa2773f89f6953b_shop-categories-pipe-cleaner-clipart_400-400.jpeg

I use bamboo stakes and circular clips. They have them at the hydro store. No idea what they are called.

I never had much luck with sticking stuff in the pots for support. I finally just hung a PVC ring around the plants and tied string in between to make a support grid and let the plants grow through it.

When the plants get real top heavy I add a second tier. If required for extra support, I use pipe cleaners to tie the buds to the PVC cross pipes. This has worked great for me in recent years.

View attachment skunkinflower2weeks.jpg

View attachment coupleweeksleft.jpg

First thing that comes to mind is supercropping and adding more air movement to strengthen stalks/stems.

I've only had plants topple over when doing flood and drain and by flooding the trays to fast when plants were top heavy

bambo stakes stuck in outside edge. green garden wire, not tite.. will check out fiberglass stakes though..

I never had much luck with sticking stuff in the pots for support. I finally just hung a PVC ring around the plants and tied string in between to make a support grid and let the plants grow through it.

When the plants get real top heavy I add a second tier. If required for extra support, I use pipe cleaners to tie the buds to the PVC cross pipes. This has worked great for me in recent years.
I do a very similar thing with welded wire "dog fence". It has 2"x4" holes that the stems can come through. I also add a second layer of "fence" when growing strong Sativa structured plants. :)

I used a metal grid at first (remember my show rack? LOL) but I found I can cut and re-tie the string as needed so I switched. Either way, both work much better than any plant stake I tried.

I use fiberglass Stakes.
attachment.php

They are very flexible. :D
attachment.php

And Pipe Cleaners.
attachment.php

I cut some of the stakes in half and leave other full size. Been doing this for years now. Works well.

Lewis I would have to say I really love those steaks :48:

i do like the ability to be able to trim down bamboo when plants are short and need a short stake or several. (tight lights)..i save the trim off, if any length to it and duct tape pieces together if needed... although i really do like the girl pic..

I would have to say the other nice thing about the fibreglass ones is you can regrind a point back on the end of it so it pierces the dirt and the root better with doing less damage

Chop sticks work good and they are free lol with any meal ......also I use pipe cleaners

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

That's a really cool idea

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

i use bamboo.
i decided to plant some a few years back, and now harvest my own :D
*they don't seem to last as long as the store ones though.. they must be treated or something.
but i have enough to toss em every few runs ;)

Yarn works well and super cheap, just need tie off points.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back