Helping Hands Grow 2017

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The heat got up to 117f in the last heat wave. Yesterday it finally broke and settled down to 103f. What a relief! The plants were getting droopy during the hottest part of the day. With a little cold water they would perk back up. Hope that was the last heat wave of the summer.

The plants are way bigger than I expected them to get.

1. Plants, most of them over the top yellow rope.
2. View with the Headband (which seems to be the smallest now).
3. The Grand daddy cross. Dang it got Big!

The plants are in the stretch now and putting on more calix/piste clusters (bud sites). I am finally beginning to believe we may get a pound a plant.

Hope you are all having a fine weekend. Bout time for me to read a book. Cheers!

View attachment IMG_0841.jpg

View attachment IMG_0845.jpg

View attachment IMG_0846.jpg

Beautiful as always my friend. Yeah, the heat can chill out for sure. The recent humidity here was even worse though. Even got a brief rain and they loved it. Can't wait to see your beautiful cage full of colas :48:

Here we are some ten weeks into this years garden (since transplant to the cage). The weather is no longer hitting the high 110's. Seems the mornings almost feel like September as the overnight temps have gone back to normal, less than 60f. The stretch is amazing, and pistol clusters indicate to me we are on our way to some great buds.

1. View from the back door. You can't comfortably walk thru the garden any longer.
2. The Nurse Larry, one of the tallest.
3. The Satori, the smallest, lol.
4. Beginning to flower, Northern Lights. The shortest plant and one of the fullest.

I write words and delete them about social issues here often. Not wanting to offend or poke at anyone. Today I will not delete my feelings. If we can come together as growers, as humans, and get along here, take that to the streets, take that into your lives and hold it close. We are all humans, tho we may not see the world from the same eyes, we all can love one another as fellow humans even if our politics do not always mesh. If each time something horrible in the world happens we can move closer to accepting all humans as brothers maybe someday we will all live in peace.

I wish you all well.

View attachment IMG_0858.jpg

View attachment IMG_0859.jpg

View attachment IMG_0860.jpg

View attachment IMG_0863.jpg

WOW, just lovely, who would of thought you would have that big of plants this year. Happy for you. Glad the nurse is showing who is boss.

I appreciate your words TC.

Looking great my friend! :aok: We're hitting go time! Gonna be a busy couple months ahead

OH MY GOSH TC!!! what did you do this week, those are fabulous. it sure doesn't look like you got a late start.. how cool is that?

As cool as it gets Rose. Makes me think starting the seeds in march is too early, lol.

Thanks for the kind words friends.

Umbra, that GDP cross is looking grand up front there.

Stone, trying to get all the fishing in we can in the next few weeks, soon we won't be going anywhere.

Let's all be safe out there checking that eclipse.

Looking good tc. Ready to see the baseball bat buds.

On the lake while we had a partial view of the event.

1. Felt like being inside of a Japanese landscape. The smoke is blowing in from wildfires 100 miles +/- of there.
2. Eclipse as far as it went for us, taken with a Cannon point and shoot with the eclipse glasses over the lense.
3. A panarama taken with IPad Pro. The lense covered photos from it didn't take very well.

View attachment IMG_0898.JPG

View attachment IMG_0899.JPG

View attachment IMG_0878.jpg

On the lake while we had a partial view of the event.

1. Felt like being inside of a Japanese landscape. The smoke is blowing in from wildfires 100 miles +/- of there.
2. Eclipse as far as it went for us, taken with a Cannon point and shoot with the eclipse glasses over the lense.
3. A panarama taken with IPad Pro. The lense covered photos from it didn't take very well.

Beautiful pics tc, some of my earliest memories are when I lived in ****** *******during the 60's. My Dad was a surveyor and was doing his thing marking the water line of Trinity Lake. Unfortunately for me, when the project ended we moved on. That happened many times in my life...
My sister though, returned and lives in ******** *****. I don't pretend to guess where you are because Northern California has many scenes like the ones in yours pics, it just reminded me of my childhood years there.... wonderful garden you have going!

Thank you Redeye, I love living here.

As August slowly ends the show begins here in the Garden.
1. One Northern Lights with some pink color in her pistols. Love those.
2-3. Other Northern Lights showing white pistols at the other end of the garden.
4. Nurse Larry very top top. She will have some very long colas from the look of her. She is the tallest plant in the garden by 4-6 inches and also one of the biggest around.

So very happy with what is going on now. We have switched to Beasty Bloom by Fox Farms now. Giving a little Grow Big for keeping them green, every now and then. Molasses is still being given a few times a week.

I am amazed still they got this big as late as we started compared to other years. We are a little behind my brother this year wth the flowers. He started with older plants to begin with. I think we are right on time here comparing to previous years timelines.

Cheers everyone, enjoy the day.

View attachment IMG_3955.jpg

View attachment IMG_3967.jpg

View attachment IMG_3959.jpg

View attachment IMG_3957.jpg

Hi TC, could you take a pic of the plant of Nurse Larry, I have never seen her look like that. She looks skinny. The top picture of NLights is beautiful. I am so glad you aren't way behind. Outdoor doesn't work like indoor for timing does it. It happens when it happens and sometimes it is very fast. I am waiting for the fast part....lol mojo man! or woman.

Rose waiting on fast here too. Fast seems to be in October around here when you have to be fast trimming, getting them in before the weather turns. Here is over all the monster Nurse Larry and her tops, 1-2.

Umbra the GDPx BPU looks awesome. Pic 3. She is the first thing I see when going into the garden. Never had that big of plant in that position before. I can't wait to try her.

We have another heat wave coming at us here. Possible 110's over the weekend. We will be staying home withMr. Tc watching out the window for heat stress.

View attachment IMG_0915.jpg

View attachment IMG_0914.jpg

View attachment IMG_0913.jpg

Wow Tc, I've never seen my stuff outdoors and rockin like that. Thank you. Good meds for sure.

Latest posts

Back