Deciding on my first cloner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony8404

Reaction score
There are three cloners that I am looking at.

1st- oxycloner 20 site

2nd- turboklone 24 site

3rd- botanicare daisy cloner 8 site

4th- botanicare power cloner 45 site

I have read some review on what I could find on those models. A lot of those reviews are pretty old.

Just want to know from anyone which one to go with?

If none of tthose I should go with and I should go with the nice clear dome and heat mat just let me know and I will get the kit that comes with light stand dome mat ect...

If I go the dome heat mat route is rockwool cubes best practice for clones?

I'd say make one but if your gonna buy one I'd say Botanicare only based on the fact I use their nutes.
Thanks for sharing orange. This is my next project to build a cloner

hmmm.. I already have a pump like yours orange. and I have those same 360 degree red nozzles :O)

I think I have a Rubbermaid tote somewhere!!!

Just saved me 65.00!!!!! Thank you orange. but if I change my mind as I just for the botanicare daisy cloner for 53.00 I may pick it up... yet I read the water gets really warm in those. Might be able to rig it or something.

hmmm.. I already have a pump like yours orange. and I have those same 360 degree red nozzles :O)

Just saved me 65.00!!!!! Thank you orange. but if I change my mind as I just for the botanicare daisy cloner for 53.00 I may pick it up... yet I read the water gets really warm in those. Might be able to rig it or something.

i use frozen water bottles as ice cubes if the temps get too hot :aok:

It is quite easy to make your own. I generally recommend making the size cloner you are going to need. If you only need 4 clones, make an 8 space cloner, not a 45 space one.

I personally do not like small aero units much as the pump in the solution always seems to heat the res water up too high. Water bottles work for a while, but ultimately I was having to change them out numerous times a day--that is not always possible if I have a long work day or have to go to the big city. I also have some problems with the misters clogging up, too. I have great water (about 50ppm from the tap), so do not use RO or distilled water, which might help with the clogging misters....or may not. Aero is capable of producing roots incredibly fast if you can keep the res temps in check.

If you find the pump gets the res too warm, you can easily turn it into a DWC cloner.

Im building 1 this style with 7 or 8 spots, how often an how long does the pump run? Do you just wet them a couple times a day? Thanks ..BtL

I use a small one (rubermaid tote) just a bit bigger than the size of a shoe box and it holds 12, you need to run air pump constantly, with the stems just above the water and let it bubble away. For me it has been less important what the temp is as long as it is a consistent temperature.

I think thats a submersible pump that mists the roots not an air pump..

All you need is a fish tank air pump. What can i say, its all you need.

Ok like a dwc, i thought misting the roots was something special or better for cloning..thanks Dman..BtL

I built the 12 netpot cloner that StinkBud designed, I got it from his thread on RIU, but he also posted it on his havestapound site. It has worked excellent for me for the last few years. I change the water every 2-3 weeks, 2-3 batches of cuttings. I just use plain tap water and a splash of Clonex liquid in the cloner and I also dip the cuttings into Clonex gel and slice them up from the bottom about 1/2". Timer runs the pump 1 min. on, 4 mins off. Very nearly 100% success with this thing and it was actually kind of fun to build.

View attachment cloner and seed starting cups.jpg

I changed the light to a double 2 foot T-5, but a couple CFLs would be fine, the cuttings do not need much light.

396 gps EcoPlus is what I used, works perfect. It seems that most people leave their pumps running all the time, but I am having excellent results with the 1 min on, 4 mins off. Also using that timer for the hydro system. I think the partial drying helps the roots.

Latest posts

Back