Black Weed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty cool, but I am more interested in how the hell you have been"? Long time no see. I hope all is well brosef.

Oh pretty good, thanks. Another old hippy. But still getting around ok. Been tempted to move to this or that part of the country but the way things are, better stay in the city I think.
I better add, I do have blood pressure issues and I wasn't expecting to get floored like that, I shouldve been more careful.

This is a F2 hybrid of a long ago strain from refrigerated seed.
Basically:
Oaxaca (feral hermie) x Aurora Indica ->Gen 1
Gen 1 (m) x Oaxaca (feral hermie) -> Secret Agent
Secret Agent x Black Domina -> intermed
Secret Agent x intermed -> Paralysis (current strain)

Paralysis is a very dense bud, as strong as Aurora but with a strong sativa flavor.
It has a high variability due to its feral origin.
Unfortunately for breeding, it is 95% female.

This is a F2 hybrid of a long ago strain from refrigerated seed.
Basically:
Oaxaca (feral hermie) x Aurora Indica ->Gen 1
Gen 1 (m) x Oaxaca (feral hermie) -> Secret Agent
Secret Agent x Black Domina -> intermed
Secret Agent x intermed -> Paralysis (current strain)

Paralysis is a very dense bud, as strong as Aurora but with a strong sativa flavor.
It has a high variability due to its feral origin.
Unfortunately for breeding, it is 95% female.

Very nice looking plant, like seeing the black domina in there.

I wouldn't call that a mutation. I would call it a "reaction" to cold temps. I have a couple gals that will turn almost all black when grown in temps below 65f.

Here's a recent Bubba Chunk.
View attachment 222857

Just a quick observation, one of his plants appears to be black but the one next to it appears the normal green, if it was temps, wouldn't both strains have a similar reaction ?

Just a quick observation, one of his plants appears to be black but the one next to it appears the normal green, if it was temps, wouldn't both strains have a similar reaction ?
Not all strains turn dark in cold temps. Look at the plants in my pic, there is a green one right next to the black one.

Not all strains turn dark in cold temps. Look at the plants in my pic, there is a green one right next to the black one.

You are correct, so what your saying is that the genetics determine if there is a color change ? :)

genetics mainly but colors can be brought out with temps...

Plants also have to have enough of the minerals necessary to achieve the color change.

I believe that I read some where's that you can turn plants bluer with copper pieces in the pots, could be urban legend though too

I had a Boy Scout Cookie that turned a dark purplish/black color. It was the only one in the closet that did that, but it was the only BSC. I put it down to the cold and the genetics.

Regardless of what caused yours, it is beautiful.

And Hi :ciao: Good to see you.

Really cool, love the "black" girls. Have had one turn purple while the other one turned a golden color, only 2 plant garden.

I believe it is a mutation because its other characteristics are also weird. For instance, you can't see this in the photos, but the stems are abnormally thick (about twice normal) and curved rather than straight, and it has a low, branching, habit. The green plant next to it came from the same seed. Like I said, they are very variable; you can see the black one has leaves more like sativa whereas the one next to it has the rounded shape of indica in it. The taste is also different: it is very sweet, and around 50% higher potency I think after my incident the other day with it. (Quite nasty. I know what a grey-out is like of course but I could hardly see at all.)
Thanks for posting the other pic of a black plant. This is the first I have seen in 15 years.

wow, that looks so pretty! especially with the contrast between that and the greener plant!

Let us know how it tastes when the time comes

I'm going to have to get someone else to try this. Honestly, it messes me up. It is really strong but has an effect on me like bad skunk. Seems to make my blood pressure unstable. The taste is not like I have encountered before with any strain, even its F2 brood, strange sort of like candyfloss and cumin.
Another undesirable trait is that it just bud-rots at random. The others, the green ones, haven't shown any problem and they are right next to it, but the black one, I have to inspect it daily watching for the telltale withered leaf.
A desirable trait is that the small leaves are really resinous, much more so than usual. But on the other hand the yield looks terrible and it is very slow growing.

A mutation. This is not Photoshopped or altered in any way.
Mean material. Caused monochrome, patchy, vision.

I wouldn't call that a mutation. I would call it a "reaction" to cold temps. I have a couple gals that will turn almost all black when grown in temps below 65f.

Here's a recent Bubba Chunk.
View attachment 222857

@THG: My BSC was quite black/purple too.

I also had a Wizards Potion once.. one out of 9, was entirely black while the rest were entirely green. (Back right of first photo)

beautiful plants there folks, i love the blues, purples and blacks.

Latest posts

Back