Grow room dilemma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How big is the A/C vent? If it is big enough, maybe you can run your 6" duct through the vent, through the A/C metal ductwork, into the raceway where the A/C ductwork is running.

Yeah, pics will help all around.

EDIT: OK, you posted pics while I was posting. Maybe you can remove the large vent cover and fab one that will allow the A/C to still enter the room and leave a 6" space to run your flex duct. You will be cutting a hole in the sheet metal behind the vent cover so (with the cover on) no one will ever see it.

And, if the landlord comes over, just pull the 6" flex duct and put the original vent cover back on. However, I don't know how the LL is not going to know what's up when he sees a giant grow tent in the room. LOL

I just thought of another option.

Go ahead and cut your hole in the ceiling. If the LL or, whomever comes over, have a standard 8"x8" vent cover handy. Pull your 6" flex duct out of the hole and simply screw the 8x8 vent cover over the hole. I doubt anyone (including the LL) would really take that much notice of another vent in the wall or ceiling. Make sure it matches all the others in the house for style and color and... you may get away with it. At least it's a simple and effective fix.

I just thought of another option.

Go ahead and cut your hole in the ceiling. If the LL or, whomever comes over, have a standard 8"x8" vent cover handy. Pull your 6" flex duct out of the hole and simply screw the 8x8 vent cover over the hole. I doubt anyone (including the LL) would really take that much notice of another vent in the wall or ceiling. Make sure it matches all the others in the house for style and color and... you may get away with it. At least it's a simple and effective fix.

Great ideas hackerman, I'm not worried about him going into the room itself, just when he's in the attic, seeing anything strange. I'll have a lock on that door and he has no reason to go into that room and I just simply won't let him. I like making that large vent into two separate vents, half for exhaust and half for letting the cool air in. I think that's the best idea yet, you're a dang genius hackerman! Hugs and high fives! I'll have to fab something up!

Thanks umbra and duck, I do have a dehumidifier. I only have a AC vent in the ceiling, cold air return is in a different room. If I hook to the AC vent then I'll be blocking the cold air needed to cool the room in the summer months.ill post some pics of the room.

Btw I just flowered 5la blanka under 1 advanced led 300,and a p 360 apollo.. just sold the apollo and getting another platnium led ..my buds look wonderful full...thick..frosted...love these leds beo...tech

Sweet tech I can't wait to run mine and see what they can do!

I wish I could afford some LED's! I'd love to give it a try in a tent.

snipped to cut to the chase>>> my issue is my landlord said:
What the heck is he doing up there?
Can you get up there?

Yeah I can get up ther. I live in a building with five units. He's up there doing repairs water heaters furnaces etc. running coax cable for people. Spying on us, lol. I don't know!

Oh, haha, there's a floor and headroom, a utility room of sorts. Very risky place to exhaust, even with a filtre can. What about the plumbing? Is there a stack vent going up through the roof you could access? Is there an exhaust fan in the bathroom? Maybe over your stove? What about just a huge can filtre and blower on low constantly recirculating the air in that bedroom?
Get some pieces of rigid foam and insulate on top of your tent where the lamp heat rises. When I had one of those streetlamps in my basement, it was in a cool tube and had a hood, hung maybe a foot below the ceiling. When I walked on the floor above in socks, I could still feel the warmer part of the floor noticeably.
(I read this thread entirely but a few days ago, I apologize if I'm repeating tips)

I'm just gonna run another vent off the AC vent duct a few feet away, and put a damper on it. I don't think he'd notice and extra vent in that room. If he does, oh well! He ain't going in that room, that's for sure! If worse came to worse I'd chop down and let him in.

My family is unaware. A brother visits, has the nose of a bloodhound, and starts in with "whatayadooin'? growin' pot in here? Jezus"
I have a can and vent outside! I even put one of these on my furnace. http://tinyurl.com/kl4m25c
I drive through neighborhoods where I get a whiff of that distinctive grow smell but I can't localize it. I bet my friggin' loudmouth brother could though.
Hence my paranoia.

My family is unaware. A brother visits, has the nose of a bloodhound, and starts in with "whatayadooin'? growin' pot in here? Jezus"
I have a can and vent outside! I even put one of these on my furnace. http://tinyurl.com/kl4m25c
I drive through neighborhoods where I get a whiff of that distinctive grow smell but I can't localize it. I bet my friggin' loudmouth brother could though.
Hence my paranoia.

I would have just put a charcoal filter in my furnace. That UV light is more for mold algae then smells.

You can get charcoal filters at Home Depot in all sizes made by 3 M that would help scrub the air in the house.

I'm just gonna run another vent off the AC vent duct a few feet away, and put a damper on it. I don't think he'd notice

I would place cardboard box over existing vent. Cut 2 holes the size of your duct work. One goes to tent the other enters the room.

I would have just put a charcoal filter in my furnace. That UV light is more for mold algae then smells.

You can get charcoal filters at Home Depot in all sizes made by 3 M that would help scrub the air in the house.

How ironic, I saw all the allergen ones but never saw anything in charcoal. Which one has charcoal? http://tinyurl.com/n4jj2kv
or am I sol in Canada again?

I never saw it on that site odd.... Yea it's made by 3 M View attachment 223194

:rant: Amazon.ca is like Netflix up here. We don't get half the stuff you Amuricans do. I searched through 7 pages of Filtrete on Amazon.ca H2O2 is difficult to get as well. Ridiculous. Thanks for that great idea though, I have spare charcoal for my cans, maybe I can make trays of it to sit in the heating floor registers.

Latest posts

Back