Which direction does the air flow through your air cooled hood?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hackerman

Reaction score
I was sitting in my room, talking to my ladies and just looking for improvements and a thought came into mind.

I never gave it consideration before but I noticed the way I had my hood set up, the cool air from the filter comes into the hood and across the bulb, over the socket and wiring and then out of the hood into the fan and... out the exhaust.

So, all the 1000w heat is running right over the socket and the wiring. Now, the socket is ceramic so it should be able to take the heat for many years. However, the wires that connect there are just stranded wire with ( I assume) plastic insulation.

I have seen what old wiring looks like in simple tasks like replacing ceiling fixtures in your home. Just from a couple 60 watt bulbs, the wiring is usually cracked and chips off very easily if bent. Granted, they may be 40 years old and my hood is new. Still, it just made me wonder.

After harvest, I am definitely planning to turn mine around. Then, the only air running over the socket and the wiring will be the room temperature air from the filter. All of the hot hot air from the bulb will go straight into the duct and then out the exhaust without passing over the socket or the wiring.

Anyone ever give this any consideration before?

I wouldn't trip bro.
Think about the straight up non air cooled hoods that super bake in heat, and they work fine. At least you have air passing thru and taking away the heat.
Don't get me wrong, I gave this thought also. I was more worried about the hot air passing over my fan when you pull the air thru the hood rather then push.

But it all comes down to what makes you sleep well at night.

Yeah, I wasn't worried about it short term. And, I won't own this stuff long term so it really doesn't matter to me. And, never will. But, one of my many mental illnesses is perfection. If it's not perfect.... it's wrong. LOL

Just curious if anyone else who has the same illness thought of it. LOL

I figured you would be answering. Not sure why. LOL You seem to have a ton of experience and probably ran into this. Thanks

West to East then down.

:rofl:

Latest posts

Back