Old Fogeys first ever legal grow journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks yarddog for the offer. i would love to have some seeds from umbra. he has some really nice looking plants. i just would not want them to go to waste. i have a bunch of gorilla glue crosses from a friend in maine that i need to grow out next and i still have some older seeds i hope will last a while as i don't have any room or time to grow them either. that smoke sounds awesome though. i love a smoke that makes me want to do stuff especially sprints. again i really appreciate the offer. just checked out your grow. very nice. i am getting to the end here and am seeing my girls bulk up. btw - this grow is my first forray into trimming the heck out of plants. i have far too many plants for my grow space and lights so i don't think my plants will look as nice as yours but i am happy with how the grow is going. kraven has been giving me a lot of guidance.

thanks for the vote of confidence, kraven. i appreciate it.

i watered the heck out of the plants today. i have probably not been watering them enough. i put them in the shower and just flooded the pots a few times and let the runoff go down the drain. the fan leaves are showing the same deficiency they have all thru flower. too close to the end to do anything about it or to really be bothered by it. this saturday is 9 weeks of 12/12 lighting. probably will be chopping within the next week.

Sounds good, I'm eager to hear your impression after harvest of the technique's I have taught you?

i ahve a green crack plant that is supposed to be a 7-9 week flowering plant. saturday is 9 weeks. i am thinking i might harvest it tonight because it is getting late in the life cycle and it will give more room to the rest of the plants. i wanted a bit of racy smoke anyway.

just pulled it out of the tent and gave it a good look-see. i am seeing some trichs that look like they popped and i am seeing some amber. i hope i did not let it go too long...

my other plants look like they are close to harvest. maybe i will let them go to next week which would be 10 weeks. i am a mostly cloudy trich kinda guy. and the cup is usually half empty and has a beverage i don't care for in it along with a cigarette butt...

i harvested the green crack. a few nice buds but i think i needed to trim better the lower bud sites. i have some sub-pop corn buds. the tent was too crowded too for good bud growth. the trimming went well. got some pretty nice scissor hash that frankly knocked me for a trippy loop. i was buzzed enough that i was sure i already posted this 'news' but apparently i did not... the buds are every sticky and resinous. looking forward to trying this plant when it is dried and cured. i will be taking the rest of the tent a bit at a time over the next week. my sons are too busy to help trim so it will be a labor of love for me alone.

View attachment IMG_3037[1].jpg

View attachment IMG_3036[1].jpg

lol. i was so stoned i was getting a little panicky. not used to a sativa-ish plant with some clear trichs. once i calmed myself down, it was all good. going to go take another couple drags off the bong and seat-of-the-pants it now that i have people home.

my arms smell like hash...

i would be happy to send you a sample if you have an idea of how i could, kraven. as always, i appreciate all the help. i have learned a lot from your guidance. like i need a bigger space, more lights, less luck with sprouting beans, trim more than you are comfortable with(it'll grow back) and breaking a neck or two is sometimes necessary to keep the peace(see rush - the trees).

Epic bud !!

Ha, I'm glad I was of some use. I wish we did live close enough I could sample...they sure look Dank to me. I just offered a few different ways to look at things and you did all the work. The rest of the harvest should be good too ;)

Looks great. I have some GC starting now.

hey lesso. if the scissor hash is any indicator this green crack is going to be very enjoyable. i have a couple of clones from this plant. glad i cloned it.

took down the 3 cbd crew nordle plants today. it was getting a bunch of amber trichomes and i am at 9 and half weeks so no time like the present. a couple of pics below.

i over dried the green crack. doh! i was out of town and got busy. i forgot to ask my sons to keep an eye on the buds. oh well.

still have 3 satori and 1 amnesia plant to chop and trim but i am tired. later i hope...

i have been too busy with other stuff this go round. still looks like the best smoke i have grown(thanks kraven). i just feel i screwed the proverbial pooch in a bunch of ways.

i like the new led. i think i will veg with my t5's next time out and start to flower them under the t5's with uv a and 10000 kelvin bulbs to keep the plants squat. and gradually introduce the led in flower. i need to transplant earlier. i let them go too long in some dinky little pots then they were all happy in the new found space and went all bush on me.

View attachment IMG_3059[1].jpg

View attachment IMG_3060[1].jpg

View attachment IMG_3061[1].jpg

thanks 'dog. i am finishing the harvest today. all that is left is the satoris. my wife is not happy with me. the whole yard around my house outside reeks and the inside, well, we just wont go there...

nice trim job! very good all around. so nice to have good help. i so agree :aok:

Thanks Hopper. I am a bit bummed by the yield I am getting. I think I will wind up with about 200 grams. I had too many plants for the area and lighting. I didn't veg long enough and I don't think the root structure is what I usually get with my T5 veg. I have always had nice stocky bushes. The led light I think has too much red and made the plants leggy. I do have a lot of trim for cannabutter and the buds are nice and crystally. I have yet to smoke any flowers but the scissor hash kicks my butt. I feel badly that I screwed the pooch. This is no reflection on Kravens method. I just applied it poorly. Next grow, I plan on vegging under my 10000k T5 fixture and then applying the Kraven trim shortly before flipping and changing to the led. Probably will get another led fixture as well. And I will only start 5 seeds. I had a grow of 2 sativa plants a few grows back that I got 10 oz of nice bud from. Just goes to show less can be more. I should quit whining though. I still have too much weed even before this harvest. First world problems...

Thanks Hopper. I am a bit bummed by the yield I am getting. I think I will wind up with about 200 grams. I had too many plants for the area and lighting. I didn't veg long enough and I don't think the root structure is what I usually get with my T5 veg. I have always had nice stocky bushes. The led light I think has too much red and made the plants leggy. I do have a lot of trim for cannabutter and the buds are nice and crystally. I have yet to smoke any flowers but the scissor hash kicks my butt. I feel badly that I screwed the pooch. This is no reflection on Kravens method. I just applied it poorly. Next grow, I plan on vegging under my 10000k T5 fixture and then applying the Kraven trim shortly before flipping and changing to the led. Probably will get another led fixture as well. And I will only start 5 seeds. I had a grow of 2 sativa plants a few grows back that I got 10 oz of nice bud from. Just goes to show less can be more. I should quit whining though. I still have too much weed even before this harvest. First world problems...

i screwed up also trying the 3 gal. felts in soil. everything was smaller. i have to try a 7 gal. grow soon. this will force me to grow fewer plants but with much better producers. i have been over watering when plants are young. read that when watering with less, roots will spread out better as they search. i do like to have runnoff but waited till about 10 days in flower to start flooding and my roots are exceptionally nice this grow. your buds look dank for sure!!

The watering thing is another parameter I didn't even think of. I started using a sprayer and was not really getting much run off or at least not as much as I have in the past. My stalks and branches on this grow are really hollow with thin walls. The reason I went with the sprayer was I had too many plants and would have flooded my grow area with run off. Thanks for bringing that up. With scientific method, you only want to change one variable at a time. I changed like 6... Fred Sanford would have called me his pet name for Lamont...

OF, the bud looks top shelf, I would hit it fosure. Sorry so late getting back into your thread, just got home from Co. last night around 12a. Sounds like you were not happy with the yield and the number of changes you made this grow. I am sorry if by offering my advice I caused you to make to many changes at once. That is the golden rule...one at a time.... I am just so used to just seeing what can be done and then doing it that sometimes I offer way too much advice at a time. I can say fosure your a talented grower and you spotted all the areas you felt you can improve on.

Your grows improve each time ...you see whats there and what can be done different. Hopefully you got some good information back about the changes you made and have found area's to apply that new knowledge. I sure would love to hold a safety meeting with those sparkly buds ;)

No need to be sorry, Kraven. I appreciate all the help. You are a serious expert when it comes to this and I recognized that or I would not have asked for your guidance. The yield in no way reflects on you or your dialed in skills. I just screwed things up but learned a lot which is better than having more bud than I know what to do with. I am pretty sure I will goof up some other way on my next grow. I am really good at making really bad decisions and I am my own harshest critic. The good thing is I can grow another crop. I enjoy it. I will probably screw something else up next time and will probably be asking your opinion and for help again if you don't mind. Bottom line is this is some serious herb. Thanks again for your help.

Any time man, try not to be so hard on yourself....your gear looks fine to me, I'd hit it fosure.

Latest posts

Back