Old Fogeys first ever legal grow journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can see u went with the "green light". can't miss that soil. looking good neighbor..

lol. yep. a fair amount of perlite, huh? i actually mixed in probably equal parts of promix bx which in hind site might counteract the extreme drainage of the green lite. time will tell. and i am not sure if that is a good or a bad thing. i tied the plants down bit today. in the past i have topped, tied, supercropped and weighted the snot out of my plants because i was growing in a 4 ft high tent. old habits are hard to break. i have 5 feminized plants and 5 regular satoris. since i don't have room for 10 plants, i will probably get 5 female satoris. 1st world problems... if i have too many, hopper, you are welcome to a couple of the satoris if you are interested. i know you are a bit flush at this point.

View attachment IMG_2749.jpg

View attachment IMG_2747.jpg

Was a great read OF, I had thought that I comment on your grow already as I have been watching. Things are moving right along, the girls look happy. Green mojo sent your way :)

I am not sure about the 5 satori plants yet, kraven. The other 5 plants are all feminized so I will have at least 5 girls. Been out of town for the past 4 days. My sons are plant sitting but I get antsy when I can't look in on the garden. Tomorrow morning I will see how 4 days of me not checking in them works out. Changed so many variables this grow so I anticipate problems galore...

Naa it will be smooth sailing, I'm sure the girls look fine :aok:

Dude, tents full, girls look ready to rock.....cook'em a bit and flip'em. Green mojo man, it seriously looks like a nice healthy start imho. I'm sitting back in the corner taking notes ;)

i am not comparing apples to apples but i have noticed that this grow is lagging behind my previous grows as far as plant height and branches. however, these are the most robust, healthy looking plants i have grown. they are not 8 inches tall yet and the fan leaves on the satoris are bigger than my hands. i think they really like the led fixture.

Looks pretty healthy o.f.

the led lamp seems to make them happy. they are a lot darker green than any of my previous grows. still using the gobox organic nutes as i have not bought the general hydro 3 way nutes. a bit nervous about the ph'ing thing. the gobox i have has never really needed ph'ing. when i have tried i have not done well with the adjustments. may just stay with what i am accustomed to for the grow so i can see what difference the led fixture makes. just guessing from the veg so far, i think i will be happy. also thinking i have been waaaaaaayyyy over feeding. green lite i guess has a lot of nutes already. maybe that is why i am not getting the taste i like. even though don't feed the last couple of weeks. i have never had my fan leaves start to look nitrogen deficient ever. ahhhhh sugar! i am so scatterbrained. i am sure i will have a different decision tomorrow... thanks for looking in, lesso.

When you switch to GH lemme know and I will share my formula with you. It will take most all of the guess work out. I'll teach you when the time comes if you would like. Also LED will "feed" the plant so using LED's you have to adjust your food a bit to compliment the LED's. So far from what I can see your dialed in. LMK if you would like my help with your GH formula, I don't mind offering a bit of advise, heck maybe you can teach me a thing or two :)

i am figuring its been about 5 weeks since the seeds popped. prolly a couple more weeks until i flip. watered them sunday. still need to dry out a bit more. seems like 4 days between watering is about right. doesn't help that my sons 'forgot' to empty the dehumidifier bucket so it got cooler and humid in the tent(68 deg and 61% rh). filling in nicely.

View attachment IMG_2794.jpg

View attachment IMG_2793.jpg

You could prob flip any day now. You are going to run out of room fast. They look great.

they average about 11 inches tall. in the past, i have waited for the nodes to start to alternate before i flower. the nodes are pretty much equal at this point. i am concerned about room though lesso. i got 10 plants out of 10 seeds sown. i will have at least 5 females as 5 seeds are feminized. hoping for a male or 2 from the satoris if for no other reason than having more space for the remaining plants to flourish...

OF it has been my experience that if your in a 4x4 you need to either try to limit plant count to 6 mediums or 9 smalls. Once you get that many in there it will cut down on your harvest...so a super good trim and a little smaller plant will give you less buds but bigger with more weight. I shoot for 2 zips a plant and thats an easy number to hit with small/ mediums...heck I always exceed that number by at least 1 zip. Key to stacking in there tight is good airflow under the canopy. Good luck and green mojo, everything looks great.

that's the rub there kraven. i am in a 3x3 tent and i have 10 plants. i am in kind of a pickle. ate a brownie already today so i am not going to make any big decisions but i am thinking i need to thin the heard. i have a small mother tent i may need to set up to do that...

Aw heck, eat another brownie and think about it.. You are looking kinda stuffed in there but they sure look nice. Fun stuff in here OF.

I'd did have another brownie and I am now quite toasted. Got a nor'easter piling up snow so I am trapped in my house. I was not planning on getting 10 of 10 seeds to germinate. I hate to kill anything so I am thinking I need thin the plants out a bit and flip them to flower. Hoping for a couple of males from the satoris so I can cull them out. Otherwise I will maybe have to put a plant or 2 in the old tent I have. 10 for 10 and I am complaining. Can't win with me...

Latest posts

Back