In Late flowering and need HELP! :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iamganja

Reaction score
This is my 1st homegrow or any grow for that matter. i came through and now im in the late flowering stage most likely 5th week of flowering or so. I came through with no pests,diseases or any complications of that sort :D. but i sense that my buds arent buds lol and that they should be a little bigger than they are now. so if sum1 could help shine the spotlight on my girl i will be very grateful. I cant seem to get the hang of the upload but here is a fast way to upload for the ppl facing the same problem goto tinypic.com upload and copy paste the last bar with the link where u want and u got tht pic for life, anyways here are mine.

i will post 15 comments 1st ppl and ,my pics will be up

still 12 posts to go unless sum1 posts here then i can reply makes it alot easier

still 12 posts to go unless sum1 posts here then i can reply makes it alot easier

only two things i know to beef up your bud
1 bloom enhancers which you might be able to use for a week or two depending on how long you plan to flush most ppl flush for one to two weeks
or try adding more light dunno what kind of lighting your use but you could add cfls or t-5 floro's for side lighting to get your lower buds more light

Iamganja said:
This is my 1st homegrow or any grow for that matter. i came through and now im in the late flowering stage most likely 5th week of flowering or so. I came through with no pests,diseases or any complications of that sort :D. but i sense that my buds arent buds lol and that they should be a little bigger than they are now. so if sum1 could help shine the spotlight on my girl i will be very grateful. I cant seem to get the hang of the upload but here is a fast way to upload for the ppl facing the same problem goto tinypic.com upload and copy paste the last bar with the link where u want and u got tht pic for life, anyways here are mine.

i will post 15 comments 1st ppl and ,my pics will be up

You need to figure out how to upload pictures here. I have never had any trouble uploading pictures. You are not supposed to link pictures to an external source like you have suggested. What kind of trouble are you having?

You need to tell us way more about your grow--strain, how are you growing, growing medium, type and size of lights, ventilation, nutes, watering schedule, etc, etc. And as you are aware, we really need pictures.

hXXp://i38.tinypic.com/2dlsrw4.jpg
hXXp://i34.tinypic.com/16k51ee.jpg
hXXp://i37.tinypic.com/15rmntj.jpg
hXXp://i37.tinypic.com/whh7qv.jpg
hXXp://i34.tinypic.com/5chhxh.jpg

these are the latest bud pics

edited to reformat direct links

okay well in the country i am ferts SUCK and im mean SUCK the highest phosphorus compound i found was 11 i remember. i was using cfl for seedling then i moved to 200W MH on a single plant, then moved to 200 HPS after i determined sex and all that. i have ceiling fixture with a 24 hour air conditioned room so i have ventilation under control. wht else do you want to know

and i was working with 24 hour lighting and gradually moved into 12/12, i have used these gay tablets about a week ago i see a little improvement but im not sure if my yield will be that pleasing

sry i missed that out, the strain is some lebaneese weed this is a seed off a friend's bud and for medium that would be soil ofcourse :D

The bud looks really nice. Without knowing more about your grow, I'd say that you could use more light. You've got a 200 watt HPS, if you had a 400 watt HPS your buds would be bigger.

so ur suggesting that 200 watt hps isnt enough for 1 plant :S

and if ny1 could help me with harvest tips that would be great

Well, I think that your girl looks great. You are not, however, in the late stages of flowering, IMO. It looks like you have a sativa there--I would guess a 10-14 week flowering period, so you are at best, half way, and you may be further away than that. Your plants will go through phases where they don't seem to grow much, but they are producing THC and bulking up. Be patient, you are just a ways out, probably 5-7 weeks. The only true way to tell if a plant is ready is by looking at the trichs with magnification of some kind.

Look how it's amber already - I rather doubt that it has long to go.
200W HPS is plenty for one plant. But it depends on many factors like the strain, nutes, how much veg it put on, and so on ... why don't you sample it and tell us how it smokes ... ?

well thank you but, so who do i sample it, which bud do i take or wht do i do exactly and i also wanted to say that lots of brownish/redish hairs are poppin towards the bottom of the plant and the top of the plant has a couple here and there on every bud. one more thing my top bud seems to be producing more flowers which is giving it a slight slight height increase but i dont think it will take 5 weeks more. i might not have much experience but for sure its about 2-3 weeks more max. but plz hook me up with the sampling method i will reply as soon as i get the post

when 2 thirds 0f the hairs have gone amber color its time too chop :)

2 thirds of the hair of that specific bud or 2/3 of the hairs on ALL THE BUGS

check the trichs with magnification as THG said above.thats the only for sure way to tell if the plant is ready to harvest and also to tell about how much longer you have to go.

as soon as i get my hands on one. wht do u recommend and will i find it at radioshack for sure ?

BUDISGUD said:
when 2 thirds 0f the hairs have gone amber color its time too chop :)
IME.. pistils can turn/die for various reasons, including pollination, handling/touching, ect. In addition, "I" see different pistil maturity/color change, in different degrees with different strains. "I" don't believe that pistil color is a "good" method of judging ripeness.

When to harvest by dj short..--> http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1938
I highly recommend that the serious cannabis student acquire a 30X power, illuminated magnifier. These can be found at most local electronics stores, often for under fifteen dollars. With the aid of the magnifier one can learn more about the detail of trichome development and ripeness......
Three quarters to 90% of the pistils will have turned reddish brown as well. For a basic Indica this takes well into the seventh week of the flowering cycle.

By the end of the eighth week most of the calyxes will have swollen and a surge of trichome development has coated most of the buds. It is now that the development of a very discerning palate comes into play to determine the finest harvest time. Remember - patience is a virtue and often a discipline.

Latest posts

Back