Fungus Maybe, please help my babies!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetBLACK

Reaction score
ok so these 3 super silver hazes rooted a week ago and have been growing in my 5 gal drip buckets for about 6 days now. on monday i noticed a little rust color on the leaves. then they got darker, and more spots were coming up. so i sprayed the leaves with 3 in 1 safer. i suspected fungus, or rusty fungus. it is now 4 days after the first spray and now they look alot worse, for the next trwo days it had slowed down a bit but now it is taking over the leaves, each day is a little worse.

im feeding them advanced nutrients iguana grow juice and rhizotonic with superrthrive all at a 1/2 strenght. ph is staring at 5.8, and almost reeaches 7, before i re ph it back down to 5.8, usually takes a day or two.

does anyone know what could be the problem here. i really dont want to start over with these planyts. a while ago one of my plants got the same fungus looking discoloration and the 3in1 safewr cleared it right up.

any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. i think the problem can sttill be reversed, they dotn look to terrible yet.

im also going to start a grow journal on the babies soon. more pics and details on my grow coming soon

thanks everyone

feb,mar 080.JPG

feb,mar 075.JPG

feb,mar 074.JPG

feb,mar 072.JPG

feb,mar 071.JPG

Week old seedlings and 1/2 strength nutes?:holysheep:

You are burning them up, even at that dose.

Seedlings need no nutes for at least 3-4 weeks and then just 1/4 strength.

DD

I'm doubtful thats fungus. I'm guessing the floating pH is creating some nute uptake issues. Like Ca and Mg. In most hydro set-ups developing a steady pH will really help get things growing proper. 7 is much to high for hydro. - Hows the water supply?

She looks like she'll grow right out of this with the right feedings. Also - Grow Juice is weak in P. It appears like Phosphorus could be an issue - it's hard to tell when at such a small age. IMO I would ditch the Superthrive for a few. I've had a few issues in the past with it.

DD's right also, slow and steady with the feedings.

so the half strength nutes for a clone trhat rooted a week ago is too much?? should i drop it to quarter strength or just use plain ro water?? if that is nute burn, will it continue to get worse if i change the water/nutes to fresh ro water and quarter strength nutes?? i mean if i fix that problem it will get better right. so iill also try to keep the ph of the water as close to 5.8 as i can.

any other help or suggestions are aprreciated, i just dont want to give up on them yet, i think they can be revived right??

thanks

wow. phosphorus def much?
attachment.php

fix your ph, and feed them.

hint, thats not nute burn.

Rooted clones need FULL strength nutes, they are cut from mature plants with mature needs, either your ph is slightly off, or you are feeding somewhere close to half of what they need.

Notice the N def too. Your plants could write a book my friend.

Heck, i just saw a mg def too. FEED THEM.

huh?? so one person says too much nutes, then the next says not enuff nutes.

intereesting, what should i do now.

i already changed out the high ph water with 1/2 strength nutes for fresh ro water with no nutes in it. should i add the nutes back now or wait??

the ph drift is fast, 2 days they go from 5.8 to 7 and thats a lot, what kind of ph down you using? i think you could be also burning the plants, nute burns dont always look the same, they sometimes look like deficiencies since overferted solution would lock nutes out and burnt roots will cease growing and feeding. i suggest you change your res with fresh nutes with some H2O2 and lower light intensity fow few days, however if these plants dont start picking up really soon, it would be better to start over, they look bad i'm sorry to say

jetBLACK said:
huh?? so one person says too much nutes, then the next says not enuff nutes.

intereesting, what should i do now.

i already changed out the high ph water with 1/2 strength nutes for fresh ro water with no nutes in it. should i add the nutes back now or wait??

I was wrong, misreading and thinking those were seedlings, not rooted clones. Sorry for my stupidity.

DD

thanks, i did adjust the lites as well. i had a t5 4ft 8bulb, and i had all 8 bulbs on at about 18in away. i just changed it to 4 bulbs on at about 24in. i may have just had them in too harsh of an enviornment. too strong juice and too bright lights, could that have been the culprit?? if that was the problem, will they continue to get worse, or should that solve it??

i use ph up/down from general hydro.

my goodness. Feed them now. or watch it get worse. im making an observation brought on by a thread you created. You want insight, and now you have it.

jetBLACK said:
thanks, i did adjust the lites as well. i had a t5 4ft 8bulb, and i had all 8 bulbs on at about 18in away. i just changed it to 4 bulbs on at about 24in. i may have just had them in too harsh of an enviornment. too strong juice and too bright lights, could that have been the culprit?? if that was the problem, will they continue to get worse, or should that solve it??

i use ph up/down from general hydro.
it couldnt be too bright light, when i said lower light intensity i actually thought that they were under HPS when they were already lookin ill, had they been healthy you would want the most light possible. IMO 18" away is too far for fluros, they do need light, you dont want them to stretch. the light is not the source of the problem but your res. lowering light intensity will only slow things down a bit allowing them to recover. i think you should change your res and flush the plants from old ferts. good luck;)

Latest posts

Back