Do you have your lights and fans on surge protectors?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hackerman

Reaction score
We are having thunderstorms today. The first since my upgrades.

Just wondering.... do you use surge protectors on your equipment? I do on some stuff and not on others.

The thunder storms are making me think..... maybe I should cover all my bases.

Anyone?

Thanks

Yes. I have a lot of surge protectors in my place--both grow rooms, both TVs, both computers. I get a lot of bad thunderstorms and we lose power fairly frequently.

Mine went out today during the storm. I was thinking about getting a UPS for the lights. Getting knocked out during a storm can't be good for the light.

Although, it seems these new digital ballasts have a safety net built in that delays the re-start after an outage. Do they all do that, now?

get a small lighting controller, they offer time delay to avoid hot starts (bulb killer) and staged start to avoid current surge. In the desert we get a lot of bumps and mini outages, until we get a major one. all of my electrical junk is surge protected.

I have power strips with black buttons on them that pop out if there is a power cut!
075cbb2d-67f5-404b-bee7-962e0712de4e_65.jpg

That I rely on ...perhaps way too much?

I know running a screw gun and a skill saw will pop it the first time they both hit a load. LOL

Latest posts

Back