Free CO2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimB

Reaction score
Free CO2, about double ambient, gasses out from roots during lights off.

Therefore, 2 grow rooms, well sealed, cross ventilated, one ON one OFF, symbionically support each other because both have what the other needs.

There's no extra carbon footprint and a biomass increase to your show, all that's required is hook two rooms together in a well constructed tight environment that preserves & uses outgassing CO2.

Additional savings heating & cooling via cross venting on/off rooms plus the CO2 recycle for more biomass.

I don't see how that is free CO2.

I do, however, use the heat from my vegging space to heat the flowering space during lights off in the winter when it gets cold.

Off room is outgassing CO2, not consuming, resulting in above ambient CO2 levels which are lost to outside in OFF time vent cycles for relative humidity exhaust and fresh oxygen back in and maybe in need of heating.

ON room needs CO2, cooler air, and can give back to OFF room dry warm fully oxygenated air, exactly what OFF room needs.

A well sealed cross-ventelated pair of rooms, neither of which is throwing away what each has too much of and the other is in need of can produce more as a pair with less resource than if both operated fully independent of each other.

It is my understanding that the amount of CO2 that is off-gassed when the lights are off is minimal....exactly how much CO2 does this produce? I am thinking that exchanging the air in your space several times a minute will provide as much or more CO2.

Latest posts

Back