Idea's for congested areas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godspeedsuckah

Godspeed out!
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am looking for some ideas on growing outdoors in congested areas. I don't live in a town, but I do live on the outskirts. I have a couple spots in mind from fishing and hunting but they are not too far from other houses. I was thinking along the cornfield edges, and drainage ditches between fields. It is a little different here than where I grew up. At home you can walk for miles and not hit a house. So, do you guys have any ideas? Most stream edges are off limits around my house. A dirty rat I know fishes alot and would love to find my herb.

along the cornfield edges, and drainage ditches between fields.
can be good areas, but keep them back away from site from the ditch, creek, fields...IMO
Wait untill June to put out 1'-2' tall plants. They shouldn't get huge and outgrow their cover.
Even near the fishing stream might be okay, but "at least" 50 yards off the stream. Don't leave a trail or any tell-tale evidence. Try to approach your plants from different direction each time. Don't beat down a path to your plants. Keep only one or two plants er spot and spread them around. Even if one or two are found, you aren't likely to have them all discovered. ;)

Thanks Hick. There are a few great spots and I haven't seen anyone else planting there, or any evidence of anyone planting. My only concern is a neighbor who has very sticky fingers, as in he loves to steal peoples pot and then sell it. I have been using live maps to really scout out the areas. I haven't grown outdoors before so I have a couple questions. If I can't put the plants closer to home, and can't check them often, will an unusually dry summer kill them? Will the roots go deep enough to pull through a drought?

... I would have to say that depends totally on your locations and environment. But in all honesty, I doubt that they would survive through a long drought period, in "most" cases. "IMHO" in order to achieve a succesfull grow, that reaches it's "potential", all mj needs to be cultivated/farmed/cared for, to some extent.

I will keep them close by. There are 2 spots near my house where I could grow 3 plants in each location and not have to worry too much about anything. That was my biggest concern with putting them away from home, I may not be able to take care of them. I was thinking about starting them this week and putting them out around the 3rd week in June. Does that sound about right?The spot close to home is on a side hill. They wont get direct sunlight till about 10am and then filtered sunlight from about 4pm on. I can clear out the spot a little more for extra light. Should they be fine with 6 hours of direct light?

.. "SPOT on" thinking, IMO speedy' ;)
June plcement will minimize the exposure time and they should remain relatively small, concealable.
The more direct light, the better.

Thanks Hick. I will get the spots cleaned out and in a few weeks dig my holes. I thought I had read that the soil to use should be put in a few weeks before the plants are, this way you can allow the micro-organisms in the soil to get a headstart.

Latest posts

Back